Leave GTA V for future consoles or announce it ?

Grand Theft Autopsy

Grand Theft Autopsy

First Topic, be gentle colgate.gif . Its been a long wait for the next GTA installment and something tells me that we are going to have to wait for the next gen consoles ( xbox 720 & PS4) to play it . I mean, R* still have to release Max payne 3 first which is likely and I don't even think GTA is even close to being finished cos apparently its 'a big one' which leads me to think that R* will launch GTA V on next gen consoles . I think they should wait for next gen consoles, but I wanna know what you guys think . Should they wait for Next gen or should they schedule a release for 2012?

announce it, there are always more than can be on the next console, its not as though this is the last one and it has to go out with a big bang, no matter what i think the game will be great, some people are too unrealistic with what they expect from graphics, i mean give me a break look where we were 10 years ago and where we are now, why the f*ck do people still complain

They'll just announce it. I doubt we'll be getting a new console anytime soon, so leaving it for a new console would be waiting too long.

One GTA city on current gen consoles? No thanks. I'll have more please.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Exkabewbikadid

Nah, it's time for a new GTA. I would expect modest advancements with the graphics and physics since IV raised the bar rather high in those areas. I'd much rather they put more focus on the game play itself, tone down the silly "realism" trend and put the next city to better use.

oQywcQM.jpg

The wise choice would be to announce it. Fans are getting annoyingly impatient and more importantly, shareholders/investors are probably getting worked up into a frenzy due to the lack of an announcement regarding the next major GTA game.

Then again if they wait til the next consoles are released then it is what it is. People would still eat it up.

caprisig.jpg

No, this is the perfect time for a new GTA, when developers have mastered this generation and can squeeze every bit of performance out of it. A new console generation means having to figure out the basics again. A new GTA being on the same platforms at a similar level of detail as GTA IV will allow assets to be reused so Rockstar doesn't have to start from scratch. San Andreas had so much stuff in it partly because a lot got recycled/upgraded from GTA III and VC.

No, this is the perfect time for a new GTA, when developers have mastered this generation and can squeeze every bit of performance out of it. A new console generation means having to figure out the basics again. A new GTA being on the same platforms at a similar level of detail as GTA IV will allow assets to be reused so Rockstar doesn't have to start from scratch. San Andreas had so much stuff in it partly because a lot got recycled/upgraded from GTA III and VC.

Booyah.... This exactly...

Grand Theft Autopsy

I know some fans are saying they should announce it now to keep their fanbase. But on the other side , having gta on next gen consoles would be a huge step forward for gta and R* . I mean, gta is still in development and dare i say it, not even close to being on shelves for another year or two. They said it themselves that it was going to be the biggest gta ever so what better way to show it than on next gen consoles with a lot of memory?

Grand Theft Auto V will be the last one on this gen. of consoles + DLCs ........ or will it ???

On-Topic: Yes, announce it.

They should save GTA V for next-gen. But they should release GTA: ? This generations. Work it like last gen. There were 3 full length GTA games each with a full story and different map. But only one had the roman numeral because the other two took place in the same universe. There should be another in the same universe for this generation.