GTA IV Mission: The Snow Storm Help?

NeedForSpeedXP

NeedForSpeedXP

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck on a mission on the original GTA IV.

It's called The Snow Storm.

I need help to find Elizibetha's coke inside the old hospital.

I've killed all the guys, all I've found is gas bottles and health packs. Can someone please tell me where the coke is?

Please visit my better GTA Forum!

Just click on "better GTA Forum!" and it will take you there.

AlexGTAGamer

It will be on a table on one of the back rooms of the hospital, there is a biker and a Spanish Lord member inside of that room. Also just search for some walkthrough videos on YouTube for this mission if it helps. smile.gif

NeedForSpeedXP
It will be on a table on one of the back rooms of the hospital, there is a biker and a Spanish Lord member inside of that room. Also just search for some walkthrough videos on YouTube for this mission if it helps. smile.gif

The only reason I asked is because my Youtube doesn't work and I just need some straight answers. But I hope your answer helps.

AlexGTAGamer
The only reason I asked is because my Youtube doesn't work and I just need some straight answers. But I hope your answer helps.

Oh well since you put it that way, in the room there is also some armour, some filling cabinets and a metal block.

Or just look at this here pic:

user posted image

NeedForSpeedXP

Oh well since you put it that way, in the room there is also some armour, some filling cabinets and a metal block.

Or just look at this here pic:

user posted image

thanks,it really helped.

I went into that room that had the coke before, and I didn't know the coke was in there! blush.gif

Any Admin can lock this topic because I'm done with this. biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

On the surface (The Snow Storm) looks like one of those missions that will get you killed but lets examine what you are up against and then deal with the possible solutions. Thankfully, in this mission until the N.O.O.S.E. personnel turn up, you are up against individuals, who are barely organized and who offer minimal resistance if you know how to take them down.

The location of the mission is an old hospital, it consists of two wings, and an almost intact lower floor and a partially intact upper floor. The entrance to the hospital is on the northeast side of the building and represents the ONLY entrance and exit from the ground on the GROUND FLOOR, although there is another entrance on the south side, which is accessed via a ladder outside but once you are inside, you cannot (assuming you drop down) get back up again in order to escape this way, meaning you are forced to leave via the only other possible exit. BE ADVISED: This mission is best done in full daylight, as at night you have more chance of screwing it up due to the gloom within the abandoned structure.

(1) Arrive at the hospital and drive into the arrow in the parking lot in order to trigger the cut-scene with the dealer and the Mexican, then you will be returned to the game. I strongly suggest you back your vehicle of choice up so that it is just beyond the tumbled down wall and facing away from the abandoned hospital for a quick getaway. A motorcycle will offer a slick way of escaping, but a car, preferably one which can take some serious punishment and yet is still fast enough to evade the police is preferable because when this is over you will need to run! Irrespective of whether or not you arrive by speed boat one will be waiting for you to escape in at the dock on the south-east end of the isle that the old hospital is on, but do not rely on that as it has its pros and cons.

(2) Now you have a sniper to take care off ... carefully now make your way along the edge of the sea wall to the back of the building (south) making sure you are not noticed by the two bikers out front who are armed with assault weapons .. when you get around to the back, you will see a trashed van on its side. Climb up onto it, and switch to a sniper rifle. You should see two targets just begging to be shot down - take full advantage of this situation, but be advised, the moment you do, it will trigger awareness of your assault, but this does not effect the outcome.

(3) With the two targets taken out (preferably both, but the sniper they have there will be preferable) make your way back around inside the fence line to the side of the building with the wooden supports and find the ladder - it will lead to an open window, which you must go through to access a section of the upper floor. As soon as you reach the top, and note that they know you are coming, crouch and from a position of concealment take out any targets of opportunity. Below you will be a small maze of rooms (more on this later) but for the moment, move forward and crouched, take out anyone who deems it necessary to show themselves. Be aware there are propane bottle around, so you can detonate those to take out anyone nearby.

(4) Drop down once you feel the way is relatively clear of combatants and keep a close eye on radar. The interior of the hospital consists of what essentially is two long corridors partitioned into rooms, with the remains of rooms either side, especially on the west side. You now have a choice - you can either hunt down the remaining drug dealers and finish them off, or you can head straight for the coke and retrieve it.

If you decide to carry out a room to room search, the majority of targets will attempt to get you from side rooms - so locate the central corridor (it has numerous rooms each side so looks less like a corridor, but I assure you it is, and it is also your escape route so identify it!). With the sniper gone you have very little to worry about from above, so keep to corners, shoot at anyone who you see - remember, you can wound an enemy with hand, leg, foot etc shots and sometimes they reveal themselves in their agony. Take full advantage of this aspect of GTA-IV. The rooms can very quickly be swept clean - one such room contains the coke and two determined bad asses hidden behind two objects, DO NOT enter that room until you are ready ... they will not leave that room, neither will they really be a danger to you until you decide to deal with them - so you can concentrate on clearing the rest of the hospital.

Be aware that the gunshots have drawn the attention of the LCPD so you may encounter cops in the building ... do not engage until absolutely necessary or this will bring down more of them. The room which the exit is located in is in the most extreme northeast corner and there is a single door there - outside, will be two bikers. In the room itself, a gang member who is easily dispatched. Do not worry about attack from above unless you have not killed the sniper. Make a careful note of the location of the exit - take your time if possible - and then the only exit from that room is the beginning of the "corridor" that leads back towards the coke room which will be on the last room but one on your right (as you walk south).

(5) Taking the coke. First of all engage and eliminate the two goons in the room and then immediately get the body armor. The cut-scene which triggers the arrival of the N.O.O.S.E. helicopter and enough heavily armed personnel to make anyone consider life insurance takes place ONLY AFTER you touch the coke, never before, so you have some breathing room to get equipped - unless the ordinary LSPD are in the building. As soon as the cut scene with the cell phone and the helicopter is done ...

(6) ... move out. You will need to go out the door in front of you, across the hall and then turn left. Now armed with an assault rifle, preferably something light like a TEC-9 RUN for all you are worth down the hall only taking out targets of opportunity - DO NOT engage or attempt to engage, this is a situation in which if you stop you may well die. Get to the room which the exit door is located in and do one of the following (immediately after exiting).

(6a) RUN like the devil himself is after you and get to your car - you will see a police reception there in the parking lot, more pulling in - you can choose to shoot out the gas tank on one of the vehicles to give the cops something to think about but trust me on this, they are pretty good shots and will be intent on ending you (as are the N.O.O.S.E. guys behind you who will be pumping you full of lead too). Do not waste more time, get in the car and drive across the parking lot, sharp left, then sharp left again back onto the road you came in on. By now N.O.O.S.E. will have got their second wind and several armored Patriots will be heading for you - speed up and hit them - with any luck you will buy yourself a few seconds grace. Now, in order to escape, you can either go straight head, or as I prefer, mount the pavement on your right and ride it until you hit the corner, wherein you turn sharp right and drive with the accelerator to the floor until you get out of the All Points circle.

(6b) Run etc, and ignoring the N.O.O.S.E. guys with assault rifles (expect to take damage) and leap off of the dock edge and into the water or onto the pier depending on how good your aim is. You will find a motorboat or a rubber boat there, make full use of it - flee NORTH, and you will soon be free of police and outside the All Points circle. Note, any delay and police units on boats may turn up and that's it, you will have a hell of a time getting away from them.

Once you have escaped, you make your way back to the estate and meet up with Little Jacob - where you will get an interesting surprise! Mission complete.

• 2 weeks later...
Captain_Obvis456

Actually the easiest way to do this mission is to skip killing almost everyone.

After the cut scene, don't shoot anyone. Go around to the back of the hospital. There is a ladder there. Climb the ladder. drop down on the other side and go through the door and turn left. That's the room with the coke. Kill those 2 guys.

Them when the noose show up the bikers will fight the noose mostly.

Again don't shoot anyone.

Run out of the room, turn left and run down the hallway. Turn right in the last room and run out the door. Run in the general direction towards the water looking for a hole in the fence.

When you find the hole, run right to the water and look for the dock.

There's a boat docked there. Use that to escape.

Then head towards Bohan and the end of the mission.

Simple.

Sure, NOT killing everyone is a sure solution ... you can climb in, drop down and grab the coke, wherein the N.O.O.S.E. guys will appear and the scene with them entering will play out ... but you will meet resistance from the two guys in the room who are with the coke, you WILL be shot at, so eventually you will have to defend yourself and you will have to exit which means being shot at again ... but then, Where is the fun in NOT shooting back? I'm absolutely mystified that you aren't up for a firefight when there are lots of targets to take out.

Just recently I re-did the mission (and filmed it) and took out all of the people in the hospital, all of the N.O.O.S.E. SWAT guys and a couple of cops who decided to put up a token resistance in the parking lot ... and I did not consider them too many. Enormous fun in fact.

Captain_Obvis456
Sure, NOT killing everyone is a sure solution ... you can climb in, drop down and grab the coke, wherein the N.O.O.S.E. guys will appear and the scene with them entering will play out ... but you will meet resistance from the two guys in the room who are with the coke, you WILL be shot at, so eventually you will have to defend yourself and you will have to exit which means being shot at again ... but then, Where is the fun in NOT shooting back? I'm absolutely mystified that you aren't up for a firefight when there are lots of targets to take out.

Just recently I re-did the mission (and filmed it) and took out all of the people in the hospital, all of the N.O.O.S.E. SWAT guys and a couple of cops who decided to put up a token resistance in the parking lot ... and I did not consider them too many. Enormous fun in fact.

I did say to kill only those 2 guys in that room.

Why is stealth not as fun or interesting as killing.

There's plenty of killing in the other missions.

Plus, the guy was having a hard time. I showed him a much easier way.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, you did. Not everyone is as talented when it comes to GTA-IV as you and I obviously are. (would have replied earlier but have been out at a couple of game shows trying new apps). for what its worth, we need more people camping out in this part of the forum, to assist newbies and those who just cannot see any possible way of solving what may at first seem like a no-win situation.

It's never about points - it's just about the gameplay.

• 1 month later...

Naw, don't need the vid - can do this mission easy. Here it is for those in the know.

(1) Kill all the people in the building, then take a stroll around it just to pass the time, whistling merrily if you wish ... now go back inside, stroll over to the coke and grab it.

(2) Flipping it onto your back, watch as a N.O.O.S.E. helicopter turns up and the building is surrounded by heavilly armed N.O.O.S.E. personnel ... spend a few minutes laughing heartily and then stroll out and eliminate them all by the most efficent means possible, taking the time if necessary to wipe the blood off of your hands.

(3) Once you have done that, exit the building, and depending on your mood, eliminate all the nosey policemen who have come to tell you off, and drive off, or if you are feeling in the mood for salt air, sea water and seagulls, stroll off to the nearby dock and take a waiting speedboat due north to see that rascal, Little Jacob.

Jasper Petrol

It is possible to enter and leave the old hospital via the ladder.

To get out, you climb onto the table (where the coke was) and climb up the wall onto the first floor. You need to pull off a fairly tricky jump to get across the top of the walls...but it can be done!

Heres a tip (from the minimal kill challenge) when you have enemies in cover (hiding behind objects) they usually have an extremity poking out, often their feet. Shoot them in the foot and they will stumble out, now you can shoot them!

The snow storm is not a difficult mission really. The original poster of this thread must have completed the mission by now! FFS 14/08/2011

Jasper Petrol, thanks for that update. I'll be honest, I never considered jumping on the table and getting back onto the section of remaining upper floor before now - but I have noticed with GTA-IV that there is a tendency when climbing onto things for the animation to do a little further than required and the character vault clean over things he is intended to just land on. Anyway, I'll have to try it sometime - at the moment involved in screen-capping every possible moment of The Ballard of Gay Tony (and dreading re-doing the job where you have to kick the cocky little creep called the Celebinator out of a chopper over Happiness Island and then save him).

• 4 years later...

I could noT find the jetmax for the life of me. I kept running along the edge like looking down for signs of a boat until I gave up and made break for it on land. I ended up using a cheat to lose my wanted level.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

I could noT find the jetmax for the life of me. I kept running along the edge like looking down for signs of a boat until I gave up and made break for it on land. I ended up using a cheat to lose my wanted level.

When you run out of the old building just head to your right a bit and you'll see the top beams of the ladder which you can use to scoot down. Then just drive the boat north and keep going until you get out of the wanted range. Keep heading north when Jacob calls to save time.

• Like 1