Gta IV Fatal Error

m1armor

Like the title says I get this error when trying to launch Gta IV, but I have windows 7. I tried to search but couldnt find anything. If anyone could help thanks in advance.

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Try XP SP3 or Vista SP1/SP2 modes.

Yes I did try. All the boxes are greyed out so I cant change anything. I also looked it up too. thanks tho

YankeesPwnMets

Right click the program, go to Compatiblity, Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select XP SP3 or Vista SP1/SP2 modes.

YankeesPwnMets
Like I said I cant bc I have 64 bit. Thanks tho

You can run compatibility with any OS. Did you even bother to try it?

Like I said I cant bc I have 64 bit. Thanks tho

You can run compatibility with any OS. Did you even bother to try it?

Are you kidding me I said I tried.

YankeesPwnMets

What you linked to was Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode, which is VM thing. You can't run games in VMs.

What I'm talking about is this

user posted image

@Above: Win 7 Pro is a replacement for Vista Business. There is no Windows 7 Business

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

nightwalker83
@Above: Win 7 Pro is a replacement for Vista Business. There is no Windows 7 Business

That is interesting about games not running on Virtual Machines, I haven't tried it.

YankeesPwnMets

That is interesting about games not running on Virtual Machines, I haven't tried it.

I have XP Mode and I can't even run Pinball smoothly. It's not an exaggeration. You can go ahead and try yourself

I have Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my laptop and it sure as hell supports compatibility modes, so I don't know what you guys are talking about (except YankeesPwnMets).

From what I read on the new *some* editions do NOT have the compatibility tab in the properties window. Not saying this is the case here, but keep in mind there are many OS editions out there.