GTA East Coast Stories

The Rocker

Remember to post all new progress here including screenshots, and nice name, btw! sly.gif

BTW, I'll write the script for this if you want. smile.gif

Remember to post all new progress here including screenshots, and nice name, btw! sly.gif

BTW, I'll write the script for this if you want. smile.gif

Thanks man!!!You have been a lot more than a help to me. biggrin.gif

Looking good and official! I'll get to expanding the summary and working out a detailed plot right away! We also need somebody to do some modelling, just basic things, you know, like things that were in LCS that we need, seeing as this is set in 1993. Ferry station, making it look less like GTAIII and more like a primitive LCS, etc.

Looking good and official! I'll get to expanding the summary and working out a detailed plot right away! We also need somebody to do some modelling, just basic things, you know, like things that were in LCS that we need, seeing as this is set in 1993. Ferry station, making it look less like GTAIII and more like a primitive LCS, etc.

Ok man!!! I had to change the logo because of the Italian protagonist.BTW I am working on porting the maps!!!

After a hour of gameplay the game seems to crash. I need to figure this out. I figured out that breakable objects of map are harcorded in the exe itself. If you rename the object in IDE then they are no longer breakable

Hmmmm... Well that could be a problem... I'd like breakable fences, but that's no biggie! Right now I'm in a stuck position with my other project, and the problem is one simple word = animations. Been trying to convert them, no luck. Been trying to make my own, and they look bad. It's all very complicated, and then I have my prelim exams coming up soon, so I'm under a lot of pressure. But I've been working on the game screenplay, and I'm going to get to work tetexturing Liberty City soon. smile.gif

Hmmmm... Well that could be a problem... I'd like breakable fences.

VC already has the breakable from GTA III it was just never used, I made a mod that would fix the textures and allow modders to use this fence again in VC "Destructible Fence Fix".

Also what modeling is needed to be done as I can do some but it depends on what you need as time is my constraint and I dont like things too complex. If you need a resume or reference for my work Look Here that is the latest RELEASED version, anything that has not been seen in VC before has been modeled by me, the next unreleased version has got more things in it.

Breakable objects are not hardcoded, they are made breakable using the object.dat

@ALMOST610 - Okay, you're good, dude! If Swoorup is okay with it, you're definitely in! I'm handling texturing and altering pre-existing models, but you can do the unique models, not much needed in that department, though. You can basically make any changes you think would be applicable to change VC to fit in with the 1993 time-frame, and Liberty City fit in with the 1993 time-frame.

So there's a lot of room for creativity, but not so much room that it's going to be a mission. smile.gif

@frank.s - Yes, I remember now, you're right. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, Swoorup, I'm also doing the radio stations, along with the loadscreens. You remember the one I sent you of the police officer? That one is going straight in, and I'll see which others from GTA:Vice fit. The Toni one is going in, too. This is the full list of all the loadscreens in GTAECS I have planned at the moment:

Toni Cipriani

Salvatore Leone

Bruce (Police Officer)

Tommy Vercetti (Will see if it's possible, need original artwork of him in the correct size)

Vincenzo Cilli

Joey Leone

Donald Love (Had to emit him from my loadscreens because he is dead in my chronology)

Kazuki Kasen

Cam Jones

I'll see what others I can come up with!

Edited by The Rocker

Was there no specific Models that need doing, I would not know what to do with Liberty, With VC on the other hand I planned to set GTA MM around the same time so small ideas I have done or are yet to do would fit nicely.

Hmmmm... Here's a basic list of what's on the top of my mind:

- Remodel the destroyed building in LC to look like in LCS.

- Remodel Fort Staunton to be Little Italy.

- Remodel Sex Club 7 to be Paulie's Revenue Bar.

- Model the areas of Liberty City that in LCS have ferry stations.

- Remove the Callahan Bridge.

BTW, is it possible to convert Manhunt Locations to VC Engine? Carcer City would be a nice addition, seeing as it is also on the East Coast of the GTA world, but for now this is merely speculation... turn.gif

EDIT: Off-Topic... Are you capable of converting GTA3 XBOX Vehicles to VC? This is for my own total conversion. Or know anybody who can...?

Nice ideas, if you want, i could donate the piece of removed portland-side callahan bridge that i made for GTA Liberty City Secrets (i never got around to doing the staunton side)

BTW, is it possible to convert Manhunt Locations to VC Engine? Carcer City would be a nice addition, seeing as it is also on the East Coast of the GTA world, but for now this is merely speculation...  turn.gif
Manhunts dynamics+pickups+weapons+characters are in dff format but unfortunately the static map is in .bsp format and no one has been able to find/make an importer that works however people have gotten manhunt map in 3dsmax+gta by using 3D Ripper DX. smile.gif Edited by frank.s

rmws. converted all the GTA III Xbox Vehicles to PC in a total conversion, if you get permission from him to allow you to do this, I could convert them to VC if any of them actually need it, I think some of those things could be done already in the XBox to PC conversion.

Wait a Minute and I will post a link to his topic.

GTA 3 Xbox Topic rmws. Profile

Edited by ALMOST610

BTW, is it possible to convert Manhunt Locations to VC Engine? Carcer City would be a nice addition, seeing as it is also on the East Coast of the GTA world, but for now this is merely speculation... turn.gif

Now back on topic.

I can have a go at those models but I might have some trouble with textures or even getting them the same as I have LCS but it is on PSP so I can get a reference but not a great one, Fort Staunton sounds like a huge job and it would be easier for me to rip the models from the LCS game but again I have the PSP version.

I will have a go at the Bridge on the Staunton Side sounds like an interesting project, I will also have a go at the Portland Side if frank.s does not submit that great work he completed for the Portland side. Man that seems like a great mod cant believe I had not heard of it.

Okay, I just tried to send him a PM, but his inbox is full...

I've sent him an email, and hope he gets back to me soon. In the meantime, anybody got any good artwork suggestions that I could turn into loadscreens?

I'm going to use that for the main loadscreen, a panoramic of the city, but faded into a silhouette, with the logo in the middle, the developer logos in the top corners, and the notice at the bottom of the panorama.

Any others? We need 13 other loadscreens...

EDIT: Here's the first one, with optional logo color:

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by The Rocker

Yeah, that seems good, can we see all your ones that are done that were planned above. (You posted a list)

They were done for this TC's sister-mod, GTA:Vice, I'll PM you a link to the mod, as I don't want it out in the public, and this isn't the place for that mod's graphics. I'm going to do Toni now, and Joey Leone. Salvatore is difficult, because of existing image problems, but I'll get it right! smile.gif

Thanks, I am going to do a few mock up ideas for the Staunton Bridge side, Just a few quick Low Q drawings in Paint.Net will post them shortly when done.

Cool, I have just completed Donald Love and Toni's GTA:ECS loadscreens, that puts us at three! lol... now to move on to some more... I just did a car, gonna do a helicopter and a boat now, and two girls.

Here are the quick moks. what would be better?

For this one I think there should be a building taking the grass up, but nothing to special that would be kept in the future, I am thinking to either make this a rundown crumbling building (like the church in VCS) or just an open parkland.

user posted image

Well the basic idea of this is more than simple, just continue the road onto the next section of it, I dont like this idea too much and am much more favorable to the Crumbling Building idea.

user posted image

I vote crumbled building with access to a sniping spot for mission(s). smile.gif

I'm sending the portland side to Swoorup, do you two want it too?

Yes please, would love to take a look at it. Thanks.

I thought crumbling building would be a good idea but wanted to atleast give some choices.

@The Rocker, Great GUI love the setup and graphics.

The crumbling building idea, definitely. smile.gif

I'll post the other loadscreens in a moment, btw I've chosen to go for the red logo.

EDIT: Yes, please. smile.gif

If anyone has a suggestion for the design of the Crumbling Building here is a Blank Canvas Pic.

Try to use Lines to represent Floors, Details, Etc.

I'll post one from me soon.

user posted image

They all look great exept the skater who looks like shes' just been run over. tounge.gif

The "grimeyness" on the screens looks a bit too much, a bit less dirt would look more realistic but it would retain its dirtyness.

Good idea for a plan pic ALMOST, hopefully this design makes sense:

A new ramp (new unique stunt jump?) too.

user posted image

Wow, I like that, its better than any of my design idea so far.

Is that large chucks of rubble with the sign/ramp leaning against it?

Thanks, and Yeah. icon14.gif Edited by frank.s