New info

Officer Tenpenny is a bad man

sounds like people are putting the pressure on rockstar i bet theyre behind on schedule probably waiting for the right moment to announce it but maybe they already did we all know it exists

From what I see they know as much as us but are just speculating based on analyist predictions. Good hunting though sir. monocle.gif

Let's hope all of this excitement is satisfied soon.

I think it's too soon to release it on April 2012 ....... If they'll announce it this year(I think they will), it'll be released on October 2012.

Nice Find icon14.gif

Pure speculation, but nice find though. colgate.gif

Hey, You crazy idiot! Glad to see you come out of your shell here!

As for any new news... I don't know why, but somehow me, and the rest of you keep thinking it will break here...in a timely manner anyway

EternalAgony

I'm thinking an announcement on April 2012 might be a bit more feasible.

Original Light

"As Metro explains the publisher’s financial year does not start until April 2012 and ends in March 2013, this could mean if the game is announced, we can expect to see it as early as next April and at the latest in March 2013. Investors in the company are worried that this could be too late as they are relying on GTA profits to make money next year. Despite this Take-Two are adamant that they will make enough profits from Duke Nukem Forever and other recently announced games such as Borderlands 2 and BioShock Infinite"

This is the part that is interesting to me. What if they don't need a GTA to get 2$ per share? If they release several games that sell well, it may be possible to get 2$ per share without a new GTA title.

Plus GTA IV and the Episodes are still selling very well compared to other games that would not if they were that old, for example, COD.

I am with Original Light for the most part, mainly about the investors being worried. If anything that may push T2/R* to announce the next gta game a bit earlier, who knows.

Based on the reviews of Duke Nukem I don't think they will profit too well off of it. I am not sure as to what the numbers are for it as of now.

caprisig.jpg

I am with Original Light for the most part, mainly about the investors being worried. If anything that may push T2/R* to announce the next gta game a bit earlier, who knows.

Based on the reviews of Duke Nukem I don't think they will profit too well off of it. I am not sure as to what the numbers are for it as of now.

i bet duke sold like 350k that game was beyond terrible if it was out 10 years ago it wouldve been a smash lol. I think the shareholders and investors are gonna push rockstar to announce it sooner, no way in hell they're getting to 2 dollars a share with no GTA no way in freaking hell

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Okay if it's announce this year, we all know the drought begin and will release October 2012

Original Light
Okay if it's announce this year, we all know the drought begin and will release October 2012

Them announcing it sooner will make the release sooner. Or will it?

CubA_iLL_BrothA

R* maybe on to something to different. When they announced IV at E3 for Xbox 360. As you know you it got delayed do to Xbox 360 as like the previous GTAs got delayed when they first went to Xbox. Now this time hopefully we have an "6 month" delay.

I don't think there is too much in this. All they're doing is making up theories to try and guess when the release will be, just like we currently are trying to do.

I'm not saying it's a poor theory, but to be honest, it still doesn't actually tell us anything.

*2006/2007/2008 - GTA 4

*2008/2009 - GTA 4 TBOGT and LAD(Episodes From Liberty City)

*2009/2010 - Red Dead Redempiton

*2010/2011/2012 - ????????????????

You know some rumors says game is already done..They are just working on mini games..

Meh...!!

I think..

---In end of 2010 They started making base of game.(City and Main Characters,Theme..etc).

----I think They just started making game now(2011)... (Progress about %20)

They probably announce it in Spring 2011 with a screenshot...We gonna see more information in beginig of 2012 ... Release date will be end of 2012

"As Metro explains the publisher’s financial year does not start until April 2012 and ends in March 2013, this could mean if the game is announced, we can expect to see it as early as next April and at the latest in March 2013. Investors in the company are worried that this could be too late as they are relying on GTA profits to make money next year. Despite this Take-Two are adamant that they will make enough profits from Duke Nukem Forever and other recently announced games such as Borderlands 2 and BioShock Infinite"

This is the part that is interesting to me. What if they don't need a GTA to get 2$ per share? If they release several games that sell well, it may be possible to get 2$ per share without a new GTA title.

Plus GTA IV and the Episodes are still selling very well compared to other games that would not if they were that old, for example, COD.

Even with a GTA game they will not be guaranteed to hit $2 a share. That is a huge figure. Very difficult for them without a GTA game. Still hard WITH a GTA game. Fiscal 2012, the year we're currently in they are sticking with a 20-35 cents per share forecast. That's with strong sales of LA Noire. The previous year they did better but had Red Dead Redemption. Still it was nowhere near $2 a share. The last time they hit $2 a share was with GTA IV.

Edited by powerchord

Original Light

Even with a GTA game they will not be guaranteed to hit $2 a share. That is a huge figure. Very difficult for them without a GTA game. Still hard WITH a GTA game.

How come Zelnick avoided the question? tounge.gif

Even with a GTA game they will not be guaranteed to hit $2 a share. That is a huge figure. Very difficult for them without a GTA game. Still hard WITH a GTA game.

Because they want to announce the game on the PR side, not the financial side. They aren't announcing it that way.

Original Light

Because they want to announce the game on the PR side, not the financial side. They aren't announcing it that way.

So that means a GTA is coming soon (as in 2 years)?

If they hit their target of fiscal 2013, then we'd see the game well before the end of that fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2013. For them to hit $2 a share in that fiscal year, as they forecast, they'd need a game that sells well over 15 million copies. That aint Bioshock Infinite, my friend. So I would expect that for them to have enough sales time to hit $2 a share, they'd have to have the game on shelves for a good portion of that fiscal year. So, unless they miss their target (which they've done before), the game will be out by October 2012. If they give you 6 months of waiting after an announcement, then you'd get an announcement in spring. If they give you a year, then we'll hear very soon. If the game comes out early in the fiscal year then we'll definitely hear soon. But it's hard to predict if it will be April-May or October-November 2012. But it will be one or the other. Bank on it.

Original Light

If they hit their target of fiscal 2013, then we'd see the game well before the end of that fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2013. For them to hit $2 a share in that fiscal year, as they forecast, they'd need a game that sells well over 15 million copies. That aint Bioshock Infinite, my friend. So I would expect that for them to have enough sales time to hit $2 a share, they'd have to have the game on shelves for a good portion of that fiscal year. So, unless they miss their target (which they've done before), the game will be out by October 2012. If they give you 6 months of waiting after an announcement, then you'd get an announcement in spring. If they give you a year, then we'll hear very soon. If the game comes out early in the fiscal year then we'll definitely hear soon. But it's hard to predict if it will be April-May or October-November 2012. But it will be one or the other. Bank on it.

I have hope now. After all the leaks on the internet finally some solid evidence. Mainly the 2$ per share, as that screams GTA.

*2006/2007/2008 - GTA 4

You know some rumors says game is already done..They are just working on mini games..

Meh...!!

I think..

---In end of 2010 They started making base of game.(City and Main Characters,Theme..etc).

They probably announce it in Spring 2011 with a screenshot...We gonna see more information in beginig of 2012 ... Release date will be end of 2012

dude go home you think the shareholders and investors and take 2 will allow rockstar to wait 2 years after the release of gta 4 to start gta v? rumor has it they take a month off then start on the next gta. Take 2 wont allow that long of a vacation from the gta series not even being worked on or thought of

Original Light
*2006/2007/2008 - GTA 4

Meh...!!

I think..

Just to let you know, Red Dead Redemption started production in 2005.

*2006/2007/2008 - GTA 4

Meh...!!

I think..

Just to let you know, Red Dead Redemption started production in 2005.

True, but it was made by R* San Diego and they had a lot of problems (as has been leaked and documented...not a great place to work apparently). R* North does the main GTA games. I would think that we'd be playing GTA V this Christmas if it weren't for the fact that R* North had to drop everything and rescue LA Noire from Team Bondi (another lousy place to work). Go to the LA Noire booklet and look at the credits. Half the freaking studio from R* North worked on that game.

$2 a share. Keep that in mind. NO WAY they get to that figure with Bioshock and NBA. GTA V is coming for fiscal 2013. We just don't know if that means April-May 2012 or October 2012.

I'm pretty sure R* doesn't want anyone to anticipate a release, which could lead to bored out fans, personally, I wouldn't listen to any info unless published by Rockstar Games, people!!

Original Light
I'm pretty sure R* doesn't want anyone to anticipate a release, which could lead to bored out fans, personally, I wouldn't listen to any info unless published by Rockstar Games, people!!

Same here friend.

I'm pretty sure that Rockstar DOES want people to anticipate their release. They want fans as hyped up and frenzied as possible. That's why they withhold info.

*2006/2007/2008 - GTA 4

Meh...!!

I think..

dude go home you think the shareholders and investors and take 2 will allow rockstar to wait 2 years after the release of gta 4 to start gta v? rumor has it they take a month off then start on the next gta. Take 2 wont allow that long of a vacation from the gta series not even being worked on or thought of

no not vacation they were working on Red Dead Redemption(Guys who worked on GTA IV)

*2006/2007/2008 - GTA 4

Meh...!!

I think..

no not vacation they were working on Red Dead Redemption(Guys who worked on GTA IV)

Red Dead was made by a different studio. R* San Diego.