What can this run?

xI Jakk Ix

I've decided to get a new PC and a Dell XPS seems to be the best option for graphics since my friend bought one and is extremely happy with it. I was wondering whether it could run games such as Minecraft (on max settings), GTA IV (obviously not on max settings but at least smoothly), etc. Here's the PC I was looking at - http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-8300/pd?oc=d0...del_id=xps-8300.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Witch such slow GPU as HD6450, the overall performance will be poor.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_6450/1.html - here, you might check how "fast" it is. It is not sufficient for modern gaming.

IMHO this PC is overpriced. You'll be far better off with ordering separate parts and building the PC by yourself. We can tell you what parts to buy.

74cXSsx.png

I have a Dell Studio XPS 7100.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II x4 830 3.0Ghz

ATi Radeon HD 5770 1GB

4GB Ram

700GB HDD

Win 7 64-bit.

... and other spec stuff...

I'm very happy with it, only purchased it a few months ago. I mostly use it for Graphics Design, and I have Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D programs installed. It runs very smoothly. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator X, one of the most demanding games (like, even Alienware's struggle at times) and I get very high frame rates considering I have over 100GB of high quility add-ons installed. I've also tried GTA IV, and again it runs very smoothly.

I also considered building a PC myself, and I looked at many high-quality PC's on the market. But the XPS really had what I wanted, designed for graphics work, but still capable of running modern games. And most importantly it wasn't overpriced.

I would reccommend Dell if your unsure about custom building. They're reliable and offer some great PC's that will provide what your looking for.

Well, your Dell at least has some fairly decent graphics card (about 4x faster than HD6450). wink.gif

74cXSsx.png

Finn 7 five 11
IMHO this PC is overpriced. You'll be far better off with ordering separate parts and building the PC by yourself. We can tell you what parts to buy.

Yeah, build your own, it is not very hard, and we can select the parts for you provided you give us a budget, and what games you want to play.

In fact i cannot stress how much more value for money you get building your own pc.