Game wont start. Help

mundy123

Ok, SO I have just installed this game onto my laptop and when I click on the San Andreas icon everything loads up fine, And I can mess around with the setting etc, but when I click on "new game" my Laptop just freezes and the only way to close the game is by using CTRL, ALT + DEL and then force close it, After this it says gta_sa.exe is not responding, Can anyone help me please? I love this game and can't wait to play it.

First things first are you using a original DVD in the drive disk ,

if downloaded from where ?

and what are your system specs ?

I am using the original disc with no mods and these are my specs, Thank you smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Is this the first time installing the game or have you installed it before also try running on windows xp compatibility mode

I had it installed a few years back, But that was on my C drive and this time I have installed it on my E drive. Also I deleted any of the old folders that were left behind. Also it I still have the same error with compatability mode.

Windows 98 compatibility mode works best; try that.

If still no dice, then try reinstalling the game to the C drive as before. Alternatively, someone suggested that installing the game in the Documents folder also makes it work in Vista. So, if reinstalling to C drive doesn't work, you can try that too.

Edit: Unhide all files and folders and delete the Rockstar Games folder from this location - C:\Users\"Your User"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files

If it's not present, then ignore this.

I set it to Windows 98 compatible mode and now I can get to the loading screen but it crashes just over halfway through loading, I am currently in the middle of re-installing it now, so will let you know how it goes, Thanks