Breaking Bad Season 4

Saggy

Where are all the Breaking Bad fans? I haven't seen any mention... Don't tell me you've all started watching True Blood instead!

Anyway, feels like this season has been moving kind of slow so far, but maybe that's because I'm accustomed to catching them all in a row on DVD.

Things definitely got interesting this last episode though... Anyone half expecting them to send Jesee to rehab? I know they're trying to foreshadow on killing him, so it just seems like they're gonna throw a twist in.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

We're all hiding in the TV Series General Chat. I've been enjoying the season so far with the exception of Jesse who seems to have spent most of his time partying and getting high but I guess that's all going to change now. I can understand you feeling that the season has been moving slowly but it's only the first half of the season and if I recall correctly, the first half of Season 3 was fairly uneventful, we had the aftermath of the plane crash and Walt dealing with the breakup with Skyler and he didn't really have his focus on the drug trade. Then the twins were just this presence that was hovering around in the background. It wasn't until Walt agreed to go into business with Gus that things got really tense. I would give it another one or two episodes before 'sh*t gets real'.

Adam Jensen

Anyone half expecting them to send Jesee to rehab

That's what I think will happen.

Not gonna bother with spoiler tags because this is the season 4 thread so you'd kind of except season 4 discussion:

Reasons why Jesse might be dying next episode:

• No blindfold

• He's obviously a liability

• What's Walt gonna do when Gus has him killed? Stop cooking and have his entire family die?

Why Jesse might not be dying next episode:

• Mike seems kind of sick of it all. Maybe he's taking him to rehab.

Why Jesse definitely won't die next episode:

You don't kill off Emmy award winning Actors this early on in a season. I'd kinda like to see Jesse bite the bullet, just to see if the show has the cojones to go there but it's not going down. At least not yet. Don't get me wrong - one of my favorite parts, if not my one favorite part, of this season so far has been Aaron Paul. He's been killing it. Anyone complaining about Jesse being whiny and moapy can go the way of Gale. That guy is legit.

Yq5y51Y.png

Adam Jensen

Badger and Skinny Pete should have their own spin-off show.

I don't know if rehab's the right word for it. They haven't focused on the drugs being his problem this season - it's Gale's murder that's throwing him off. And the opening scene of the episode said to me that they're trying to show us what Mike's made of, moreso than show us whatever was actually happening.

By the way - "W.W. my shining star" (paraphrasing) - that was interesting, if somewhat expected.

Anyhow, I think Mike's taking Jesse for some sort of school of hard knocks. It may involve "rehab" (locking him in a portapotty ala Stephen King?) of a sort but I think that's only part of it. I reckon Mike's going to teach Jesse how to cope with what he's done. And definitely not in a Dr. Phil fashion.

Where are all the Breaking Bad fans?

Dude.... Right here.

*spoilers of course*

I went with the trend and took the talk of one of the best shows on TV to some generic, general chat. Shame on us.

I think this last episode was the start of the season ramp up, and the end of the slow burn. Hopefully. It looks like Walt is genuinely pissed, assuming Jesse has been dealt with, and we're finally gonna see the season tagline: Walt is the danger, realized.

That snub nose will get used this season.

As for the next episode, I really doubt Jesse's getting killed. There was too much humor in the episode, with Walt and Skylar rehearsing the "novella" for it to be Part 1 of Jesse's demise. And Jesse really proved that even in his insanity, he isn't a total dummy, calling out Mike for bothering to blindfold the dude. Jesse made Mike look like an asshole, something I've been dying to see Walt do.

I'm willing to believe a prediction I read on an AICN talkback, which was that Mike was gonna make Jesse kill the guy who stole his money. OR, that Jesse was going to be forced to kill Badger and Skinny Pete... That would be wild.

Or not. Mike losing a piece of his ear, and then seeing the box cutter in Gus' office, is really driving it home that Mike will not be a part of Pollos' Chicken for much longer. And he'll probably join forces with Walt/Jesse. Would love to see that.

PqF05jQ.jpg

Adam Jensen

Me too. I like his character a lot.

I'm willing to believe a prediction I read on an AICN talkback, which was that Mike was gonna make Jesse kill the guy who stole his money.

I could see Mike taking Jesse to a proper rehab because he's sick of all the death and naughtiness around him, but I could also see him do that ^ and basically force Jesse to become a motionless robot kind of like how you force people with arachnophobia to sleep with spiders or something. (Aversion therapy?)

I hope it's the former.

Yq5y51Y.png

The beginning of the season has been really weak so far. I f*cking hate Skyler and Jesse at the moment and the only characters I enjoy watching on the show are Saul and Mike. Don't even get me started on that fat f*cks rocks and his stupid f*cking wife.

Hopefully the season picks up from here. Some interesting theories have already been posted, so maybe the writers can make the rest of the season somewhat interesting.

Edited by Sauron.

Adam Jensen
The beginning of the season has been really weak so far. I f*cking hate Skyler and Jesse at the moment and the only characters I enjoy watching on the show are Saul and Mike. Don't even get me started on that fat f*cks rocks and his stupid f*cking wife.

They're not rocks, they're minerals tounge2.gif

They're not rocks, they're minerals tounge2.gif

Man, I felt bad for Frank in that last episode when Walt stole his thunder after he tried to seem all smart about the "manganese".

Anyone wonder if that poem is really from Walt Whitman?

I just don't really see killing Jesse as being viable for these guys... They know that will piss Walt off and they've already decided they need Walt. Then you consider the fact that if they had wanted Jesse dead they could have done it in a hundred more convenient ways by now than driving him off to the middle of no where to presumably shoot him. Not to mention, but it just seems far too predictable, especially with the, "Don't you want to know where you're going?" answer as well as the fact that to kill off a main character like Jesse at this point would be ridiculous.

I think it's going to turn into something between Mike and Jessee where they're going to arrange to kill Gus. Gus already sees Walt as a threat, but he doesn't see Jessee as anything but a liability and an out-of-control junkie meanwhile Mike has got to realize that Walt is right when he says he's as disposable as the other guy.

Edited by SagaciousKJB

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

They won't kill Jessy. Walt and Jessy are both main characters. It's kinda obvious he'll stay until the end of the show.

Here's the entire karaoke video:

They should've killed Walt and let us follow Gale instead. sad.gif

Yq5y51Y.png

Yeah, I liked Gale a lot. What writers did was brilliant. They've made us like Gale and then they killed him off. Kinda like what happened with Big Pussy in The Sopranos. He was also audiences' favorite.

Good episode though. Walt can be stupid when he's drunk. Arrogant prick.

Why is your name reversed?

Anyone half expecting them to send Jesee to rehab

That's what I think will happen.

Already happened didnt it?

Anyway its pretty clear that Mike trusts Jesse now and knows he can handle himself so the next few episodes are going to get even more intense.

WbZaxRP.png

Walt gave Hank his white whale back.

And that moment coincides with the show's ending. A deal has been made to give Breaking Bad 16 more episodes for it's fifth and final season. I will miss it greatly when it's gone.

Jesse needed a babysitter. He needed a purpose. He had to get out of the kitchen. But what Gus doesn't know is he should be afraid. Jesse, either on his own, or by Walt's whisperings, is going to get into Mike's head to get him to turn on Gustavo. Mike is heated over Victor. And Walt knows Gus is just playing Jesse. Getting him to believe that he's some badass enforcer. sh*t, Jesse might get killed on a joyride with Mike. If the Cartel pay another little visit that is.

PqF05jQ.jpg

A setup to see if they could trust him no?

WbZaxRP.png

The way I figure, the setup was about Gus making Jesse feel better about himself, and accept Mike as his new surrogate daddy. This, in Gus's head, means that Jesse's loyalty will lean towards Mike until it gets to a point where Walt no longer wants him around and Gus has him killed. What instead might happen is that Mike grows attached to Jesse, especially after seeing how he acted in the jacking, and hops over to team Walt/Jesse when he realizes that he's just as expendable as his 'guys'. Then with the help of Walt, and a certain .38, Gus gets gotten and they then run the empire until the showdown between Hank and Walt goes down.

This is pure speculation. Who knows what Gus has planned? He can play those dudes like a piano.

Yq5y51Y.png

You guys remember when Gus and Mike were talking? Thinks he's a hero, just like you wanted

Personally I feel that Gus is trying to get Jesse's guard down and gain his trust so that he only has to worry about Walt killing him instead of Walt and Jesse, plus it seems like it might sew dissent between Jesse and Walt since they will gradually disagree more and more about what should be done about Gus.

I think it's interesting how Walt's character is progressing. It's completely obvious that it's no longer about money anymore, it's about "Heisneberg" not wanting to be "Walt White". Guy went from a sh*tty high school teaching and car wash job to facing cancer, now he's in remission and is caught up in all this stuff. He acts like he just wants peace, but then he does stuff like with Hank...

Does Mike know that Walt let Jesse's girl die? I've been wondering when Jessee is going to find out about that...

Does anyone remember which episode of season 2 started with a flash-forward of Walt in the desert surrounded by dead bodies, and then he fell down and started crawling? Because that was not in the show YET!

I don't remember that at all. But season 1 and 2 seem like lifetimes ago.

What if the show ends with Jesse killing Walt? Ho, my mind would be disintegrated.

PqF05jQ.jpg

Yeah I don't remember that happening either.

WbZaxRP.png

Well f*ck. I hope they aren't just going to forget about that.

nightwalker83

What?? There are four seasons? My sister bought me the first season on dvd although, I haven't watch a lot only the first two episodes.

Does anyone remember which episode of season 2 started with a flash-forward of Walt in the desert surrounded by dead bodies, and then he fell down and started crawling? Because that was not in the show YET!

He is talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEFcnRknqeY

I read/saw some interview once with the BB creators where this video was brougth up. They said they hadnt decided yet wheter this was some kind of a flash-forward or just a "dream/idea" just to get us intriuged. I cant remeber where I read it though.

I think Jesse and Walt have been graduatly seperating for this whole season, and its gonna be interesting to see if Jesse is gonna swich his loyality towards Mike and eventually Gus. I think Gus is even planning on using Jesse against Walt at some point, and Jesse has to decide who is most important for him