Sanny Builder CLEO compiling error

fireguy109

I was working on a CLEO script today and I decided to edit the keypress commands a bit. When I tried to compile, I got this message:

user posted image

The only GTA I have installed is GTA III. I have CLEO installed but Sanny Builder doesn't appear to recognize it. confused.gif There is no "CLEO" button next to GTA III on the bottom.

Changing the version to SA will not work since it asks me for a valid install and won't work without one.

Is there any way to get around this little problem?

Also, if I do manage to compile this, if I release another version with slightly changed SA compatible opcodes, will it work in other people's SA installs?

Finally, which is better when using CLEO and the opcode below, an FXT entry or a GXT entry?

02FE: text_2numbers 'HERE4' 0@ 1@ 10 ms 1 // III and VC editions02FD: show_text_2numbers_lowpriority GXT 'HERE4' numbers 0@ 1@ time 10 flag 1 // SA edition

pkmTc.gif

spaceeinstein

Install CLEO for GTA III here. SA's CLEO opcodes are different from GTA III. Look at the end of the .ini file for the CLEO opcodes you can use.

FXT and GXT entries are indistinguishable in the code. FXT is just plain text file format that comes with CLEO, while GXT is not.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Okay, thanks space. I guess I'll have to use 00E1 then. sad.gif

One other question - is there any way to disable a cull zone via CLEO? IE overwrite the cull zone and set the camera to follow the player, instead of being static.

pkmTc.gif

In CLEO III for Vice City use 05EE to check if virtual key code is pressed.

http://gtag.gtagaming.com/opcode-database.php?opcode=05EE

You must have updated .ini and opcodes.txt for GTA III in Sanny Builder\data

Then you must switch to GTA III programming in Sanny Builder, a`right

Alright, thank you for telling me that. Maybe it'll work after all. smile.gif

I use the same key codes as 0AB0, right?

pkmTc.gif

spaceeinstein

There should be a way to disable cull, but I only know a way for VC. It's easier to edit the lines that cause that effect. Look at the second to last column and subtract these numbers by 2: 34, 42, 59.

That's the problem, though- it needs to be done via script. confused.gif It's a CLEO mod, so I don't want a complicated install.

I made the camera change up a bit. Now, when you enter the cull the script puts you in a first person camera and it works pretty good. smile.gif

Thanks for your help.

pkmTc.gif

• 6 years later...

:panic: unknown directive help

Edited by darthblack66