Youtube Sucks

NeedForSpeedXP

NeedForSpeedXP

When I go onto Youtube, and I want to watch a video.

I click on the video to play it and then it spends 10-15 secs loading, and it says 'An error occured. Please try again later'

Will someone please help me?!

Please visit my better GTA Forum!

Just click on "better GTA Forum!" and it will take you there.

Probably a bad internet connection. Restart your router or something and try again. Or else there's just too much traffic.

NeedForSpeedXP

How do you restart your router?

If there's a power button, just turn it off and then turn it on again. If not, just unplug it and then plug it back in.

NeedForSpeedXP
If there's a power button, just turn it off and then turn it on again. If not, just unplug it and then plug it back in.

I've restarted it (done it many times) and it's still not working!

I've tried Metacafe and that's not working.

I've restarted it (done it many times) and it's still not working!

I've tried Metacafe and that's not working.

Well obviously your connected to the internet to post here, so that's not the problem.

I really don't know what else to try. Maybe paste the error message into Google and they'll most likely be a solution.

Original Light

How old is you Computer? Try deleting stuff from your hard drive, EX; Games you don't play. The less space you have the longer your computer takes to process.

NeedForSpeedXP
How old is you Computer? Try deleting stuff from your hard drive, EX; Games you don't play. The less space you have the longer your computer takes to process.

I don't think that's the problem.

I have 42.7 GB free out of 70.0GB.

I've got rid of a lot of stuff.

I only used to have 26.4GB.

My computer is 7 years old.

It only occured about 4 days ago.

Make sure your version of Flash is current.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

jMNM8n3.gif

Disregard.

Edited by Craig

What browser are you using? It wouldn't be Opera would it? The reason I ask is I had problems a bit back and I had to hunt down a script that I had to paste into a .txt file and then have it installed into Opera. I've explained it poorly because it was a while ago but I'm sure you can find out on Google. smile.gif

EDIT - sorry, double post.

Edited by Craig

In the timeline, it also shows how much has loaded?

user posted image

If it's fully loaded and you're still getting problems then that's a completely different problem.

If it's only loading so much and stop then that's usually a sign of connection problems.

What about other computers in the house? Do they have the same problem?

It may also be the resolution of the video your trying to watch. You say your PC is around 7 years old?

I sometimes find that some vids keep buffering/loading and I have to wait a while before I can watch the entire vid without it pausing. But if I change the resolution up or down it normally fixes the problem. E.g. 240p will load much faster than 1080p. But sometimes the higher res actually helps.

But if you have everything updated and your internet is working properly I have no idea what else could cause a problem.

Suction Testicle Man

I've always found their flash player to be either unresponsive or unreliable - you could try using HTML5 instead.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

NeedForSpeedXP

user posted image

If it's fully loaded and you're still getting problems then that's a completely different problem.

If it's only loading so much and stop then that's usually a sign of connection problems.

I have no other computers in the house nut I use my Xbox 360 online.

It doesn't load at all.

Where you have your picture, it hasn't got the red, and it takes 10-20 secs loading, then it comes up with the error 'An error occured. Please try again later.'

NeedForSpeedXP
What browser are you using? It wouldn't be Opera would it? The reason I ask is I had problems a bit back and I had to hunt down a script that I had to paste into a .txt file and then have it installed into Opera. I've explained it poorly because it was a while ago but I'm sure you can find out on Google. smile.gif

EDIT - sorry, double post.

I am using Internet Explorer as my browser.

I've tried looking on Youtube for the sulotion (I have to look on the descriptions) and it says to put a code at the end.

I put the code at the end of the link, still no go.

This is my dad's computer and I must admit, it is a piece of s***.

So the point is that's not loading at all.

See if a friend or family has a laptop they can bring over to test it on. A smartphone connected to your network via wifi could work too.

Triple Penetration

It was same thing for me 2 days ago and I sometimes couldn't connect to internet at all. Even tried my iphone and android. Nothing.

So I called my net provider and they gave me new router and it's smooth now.

I did same thing 6 years ago, when I had modem and changed it.

And by the way I have 11 year old PC.

user posted image

NeedForSpeedXP
It was same thing for me 2 days ago and I sometimes couldn't connect to internet at all. Even tried my iphone and android. Nothing.

Does it cost anything to replace your router?

If it costs anything, I'm afraid I'll just have to stick with non video.

I got all my advice from Youtube.

Won't work with any video porvider.

Wolf68k, I'll proberly see on http://www.jumbletown.ie if there is a laptop someone is giving away, or a desktop PC.

Original Light

Wolf68k, I'll proberly see on http://www.jumbletown.ie if there is a laptop someone is giving away, or a desktop PC.

Old computers load slower. They get slow just like we do when we get old. Some things can't be fixed, at times you just have to buy a new PC. The developers that make it intend it to run a certin amount of hours before its system becomes damaged.

My old PC behaves the same as yours. It was one of the first flat screens ever made( I got it in 2004).

NeedForSpeedXP

Old computers load slower. They get slow just like we do when we get old. Some things can't be fixed, at times you just have to buy a new PC. The developers that make it intend it to run a certin amount of hours before its system becomes damaged.

My old PC behaves the same as yours. It was one of the first flat screens ever made( I got it in 2004).

I don't have €400-€600 to buy a new computer.

I could buy one off eBay for €70, but they are all pick up only.

I'll have to wait for Christmas, mabye I'll get a laptop.

NeedForSpeedXP

user posted image

Sorry if this is useless, but just look at the picture

user posted image

Sorry if the pic is too big but it's not loading at all.

It just comes up with that error.

Edited by NeedForSpeedXP

I understood what you mean after you answered it on my post with the screen shot. Other than looking into network problems I have no answer for you.

Off topic, for some reason when I saw your screen shot and those toolbars it made me think of this http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/03...ny-toolbars.jpg

NeedForSpeedXP
I understood what you mean after you answered it on my post with the screen shot. Other than looking into network problems I have no answer for you.

Off topic, for some reason when I saw your screen shot and those toolbars it made me think of this http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/03...ny-toolbars.jpg

My browser isn't like that!

It's only got 3 toolbars.

No I understand it's just when I see that many toolbars I just kind of laugh is all. More since I'm use to how few toolbars I use

user posted image

Before you ask; Sage is an add-on in Firefox that makes a sidebar for RSS feeds. The blacked out area is a list of the feeds use.

NeedForSpeedXP
No I understand it's just when I see that many toolbars I just kind of laugh is all. More since I'm use to how few toolbars I use

user posted image

Before you ask; Sage is an add-on in Firefox that makes a sidebar for RSS feeds. The blacked out area is a list of the feeds use.

One question:

1. What are RSS Feeds?

PS: Thanks for viewing this topic in the pic smile.gif

Now we're really going off topic.

RSS feeds are a list of the articles on a website.

Take for example CNN.com not that I use it but a lot of people do. They post a lot of new articles all of the time. The RSS feed gives you a list of the headlines and depending on the reader also a summary of each article. Instead of going to CNN.com and go page after page on their site to see if there's anything worth your time to read, the RSS feed lets you read the headline in a short simple list that you can click on and get directly do that article.

In a browser that support RSS feeds on it's own it'll show up like a bookmark, some call it "live bookmarks". It'll create a folder which within it will be "bookmarks" going to the articles

This will explain how to use then in IE9

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...rnet-Explorer-9