Will it run on....

idea67

I am collecting money to buy GTX 460,will it be able to run GTA IV on max settings?

Right now i have a crappy graphic card(GT220,1GB).

My computer specs:

Processor:Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz

RAM:4GB

Graphic card:GT 220 later GTX 460

Thanks in advance smile.gif

OverTheBelow

That processor is really going to bottleneck the 460 on GTA4 (and alot of other games too). It won't run on max settings without stuttering since it usually only has 1GB of vram, but expect high settings (meaning medium-low sliders) at a solid 30fps, depending on your sliders and resolution.

Like I said though, the Dual Core is going to limit your card to the extent that you won't be able to run at 60fps regardless of what settings you play on, and you'll get quite a bit of framerate fluctations particularly when loads of cars are in the area.

DU8afL0.jpg

i think it is funny that gta iv is almost 3 1/2 yrs old now and we still get can i run it topics... if youd just search it youd find 80% of this database is that subject alone, with one pinned to the top. but i guess since you are running a proccesor that is almost 5 years out of date you dont do sensible things.

and yes your processor is severely outdated and will not work with the card well... it is time for a whole new system, it is only the sensible thing to do.

Edited by SlaveZer0

What about GT 440?

Nah.

Can you show us your budget, and where you live, just to give you a suggestion.

3lIXKDi.png

AndrefromEstonia

Everybody, like me, are not that rich to buy quad cores. For me, even that antique processor is quite fast...faster then my laptop.

user posted image

Everybody, like me, are not that rich to buy quad cores. For me, even that antique processor is quite fast...faster then my laptop.

but still not fast enough for this game. just because a scooter may be fast enough for you, would you take it out on a major highway? we dont care if it is fast enough for you friend, this is a discussion of this games requirements to run properly.

besides that i can pick up a good quad core, motherboard and ram to essentially rebuild a system for under 300 - the only high priced factor after that is a decent or good video card.... so go shut up ya face.

colgate.gif

but still not fast enough for this game. just because a scooter may be fast enough for you, would you take it out on a major highway? we dont care if it is fast enough for you friend, this is a discussion of this games requirements to run properly.

besides that i can pick up a good quad core, motherboard and ram to essentially rebuild a system for under 300 - the only high priced factor after that is a decent or good video card.... so go shut up ya face.

colgate.gif

Ya but remember, not everyone knows how to build a computer-and as has been mentioned, not everybody can afford to go out and buy a new computer all the time....especially if they just bought one within the last couple of years..Also, the Pentium Dual core is not old, as a lot of budget PC's use them, you must be thinking of the Pentium 3 an IV's? confused.gif I see A LOT of "budget" pc's use that processor..just because you said you can build a PC for under $300(which I highly doubt without photographic proof from a legitamate site like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Amazon.com, majorgeeks.com, etc.(the actual chains everyone knows-NOT a site no one has heard of/barely uses, I highly doubt it), as around this area the cheapest computers to run this game is $800 minimum...So, please be a little nicer to people than just telling them to "shut up". Politeness goes a LONG way you know...Remember, not all of us grew up with computers(I never had one until 2005 for example), and am still learning the inner workings of them....we weren't all rich kids like you were(some of us were literlly dirt poor growing up)....

Also, $300 is a lot of money(not everyone can afford that)-especially in other countries, where in some countries, that would be like half a year's salary and other countries that is a whole month's salary, and with Rent/mortgages, electricity, water/sewer, and other bills, like groceries, that $300 does not go far...It's not like the USA where most people make $1200 plus per month(which $300 is still a lot of money)...You have to think about that kind of stuff before you post-basically put yourself in the other persons' place(so to speak), and say "can I afford an upgrade based on what I make after paying bills.." There is an old saying that i'm sure your parents told ya that goes "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"-same goes here...Just a couple of friendly heads up.

But OT- The Pentium processor is a work/student usage processor, and not really good for gaming, as it is lower power than the I3,5, and 7 and even the AMD Athlon and Phenom's...

Edited by radioman

Ya but remember, not everyone knows how to build a computer-and as has been mentioned, not everybody can afford to go out and buy a new computer all the time....especially if they just bought one within the last couple of years..Also, the Pentium Dual core is not old, as a lot of budget PC's use them, you must be thinking of the Pentium 3 an IV's?  I see A LOT of "budget" pc's use that processor..just because you said you can build a PC for under $300(which I highly doubt without photographic proof from a legitamate site like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Amazon.com, majorgeeks.com, etc.(the actual chains everyone knows-NOT a site no one has heard of/barely uses, I highly doubt it), as around this area the cheapest computers to run this game is $800 minimum...So, please be a little nicer to people than just telling them to "shut up". Politeness goes a LONG way you know...Remember, not all of us grew up with computers(I never had one until 2005 for example), and am still learning the inner workings of them....we weren't all rich kids like you were(some of us were literlly dirt poor growing up)....

Also, $300 is a lot of money(not everyone can afford that)-especially in other countries, where in some countries, that would be like half a year's salary and other countries that is a whole month's salary, and with Rent/mortgages, electricity, water/sewer, and other bills, like groceries, that $300 does not go far...It's not like the USA where most people make $1200 plus per month(which $300 is still a lot of money)...You have to think about that kind of stuff before you post-basically put yourself in the other persons' place(so to speak), and say "can I afford an upgrade based on what I make after paying bills.." There is an old saying that i'm sure your parents told ya that goes "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"-same goes here...Just a couple of friendly heads up.

But OT- The Pentium processor is a work/student usage processor, and not really good for gaming, as it is lower power than the I3,5, and 7 and even the AMD Athlon and Phenom's...

This post has been edited by radioman on Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 16:32

Couldn't have put it better myself Radio smile.gif

Edited by marmoo

Triple Penetration

But if he had i7 - would he be able to run IV on 60fps easily?

Because I'm particularly interested into 460gtx and better/equal (ATI) and thinking to have i7 - so It's same and same over all situation as mine. Please be so gentle to answer.

user posted image

OverTheBelow
But if he had i7 - would he be able to run IV on 60fps easily?

Because I'm particularly interested into 460gtx and better/equal (ATI) and thinking to have i7 - so It's same and same over all situation as mine. Please be so gentle to answer.

An overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 or i7 would be ideal. The game can only use three cores properly, so clock speed and architecture is important. In GTA4's case, an i7 2600k would be a waste of money over an i5 2500k because they'd perform identically if they were at the same clockspeeds.

DU8afL0.jpg

As I'm still a kid (14) I earn my money by either pocketmoney or a job.

I don't have a job, so I only earn €240 a year, so I basicly have to wait 4 years to buy a gaming pc.

I now have a vacationjob for 1 week, earning ~€150 so then I still need 2 years as I have €200 on my bank.

What I just want to say is that not everyone can afford expensive stuff and that's what many don't think about when posting wink.gif

i am clear in the understanding that many cannot afford expensive stuff, i am also clear in the old saying of not living beyond your means. i am also clear that we all have some access to the internet and can be logical human beings and do some research before we try and run a game on a system it cant properly run on, then try and patch it wigh harderware that wont work properly with our existing hardware. thats what irritates me, people do things in an illogical manner, then expect a band aid to fix everything.

one time i was poor (homeless poor) but through very hard work, ingenuity, and hellbent determination i am doing exceptionally well. now i know in some countries this isnt possible no matter what you do, but anyone in america, europe and countries like that, stop your whining.

i am clear in the understanding that many cannot afford expensive stuff, i am also clear in the old saying of not living beyond your means. i am also clear that we all have some access to the internet and can be logical human beings and do some research before we try and run a game on a system it cant properly run on, then try and patch it wigh harderware that wont work properly with our existing hardware. thats what irritates me, people do things in an illogical manner, then expect a band aid to fix everything.

one time i was poor (homeless poor) but through very hard work, ingenuity, and hellbent determination i am doing exceptionally well. now i know in some countries this isnt possible no matter what you do, but anyone in america, europe and countries like that, stop your whining.

As Exxon pointed out, he is 14 and his ability to earn very good money at this time due to his age is diminished

You are obviously a little bit older and time has been on your side to drag yourself out of the gutter and make some money

But it would appear from the above statement that it is Exxon who is the adult here and you are the child

Grow up

If you have anything constructive to add to help the OT, then please feel free to contribute

If you are going to continue down the line of all the previous dribble you have added, go find another topic to argue in..on this forum you are spoilt for choice tounge.gif

Edited by marmoo

I know I shouldn't bump this topic just to say this, but you remember that vaction job of mine?

I now have a vacationjob for 1 week, earning ~€150

Scratch that, I only worked for 3 days (no work left to do, everything was done) and I didn't even earn half of it cryani.gif