rigging cutscene cars

IndiJo

Hi, I would like to know how to rig (or convert) cutscence cars to ingame ( gta:sa).

Actually, in this case, it's paintjob.if you remember, in one of cesar's races, cj is shown near a chrome painted zr-350. I would like to know at least how to get that as a color or a paintjob in the modding garages( I think TransFender is for ZR350)

Anyway I've opened cszr350.dff (from cutscene.img) with DFF viewer and I found the paintjob/color file.how can I put it inside the zr350.dff (not cutscene one) and make it a usable color to paint the car?

Thanx anyway.

Oh, I didn't know what would be an appropriate section to post this, so please don't close this, just move it and,of course help me please smile.gif

You would have to allow the zr350 to have a 'paintjob' option. There is a GREAT tutorial on that HERE.

-Fox

aStiffSausage

Otherwise it would work, but it's ZR350... Probably only car that CAN'T have paintjob, as the game-engine doesn't recognize zr3501.txd, zr350_1.txd or zr350-1.txd as paintjobs... confused.gif

According to this it's not deliberate at all. It's supposed to be black but an error makes it appear chrome/silvery. smile.gif

pkmTc.gif

You know, I forgot about that problem with zr350 paintjobs! I think its because it ends with numbers as apposed to letters for the added 1,2,3 etc to be recognized. I suppose you could go into the vehicles.IDE and change the name of its texture to something that does not contain numbers like 'zrcar', and then name its texture file to 'zrcar'. Then make a copy of the renamed texture and change it to 'zrcar1'. Add it to the IMG as well and then go to a mod shop and see if it has recognized a paintjob option. If it does, go back and follow the paintjob tut using your renamed files.

-Fox

Can you give me a step by step tutorial on how to do it?

'cause I don't really understand that tutorial you guys referred me to....