Is there a vehicle pack Lite available?

jillcametumbling

jillcametumbling

I'm trying to find a vehicle pack Lite that keeps the vehicles.img filesize to around 100 mb.

The standard unmodded vehicles.img file is 84 mb.

I realize I can build my own but I'm hoping there are some already available that are good enough.

I've tried every taxi bug fix I can find with little success.

For now I have edited the cargrp.dat to remove taxis entirely from the game.

I am running the 1980 car mod pack right now.

• 1 month later...

I would like a lighter car pack, too, so maybe my textures stop dissapearing with anti taxi-bug tweaks.

Can somebody recommend such a car pack or a compromise how to use modded cars with as few taxis as possible?

edit:

i will try this pack:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/city-car...-pack-v11-f7987

It seems to have nice cars that are not to big. The maker stated that they are kept small to reduce the taxi bug and i hope they will not eat my vram so much.

Edited by nobody007

I have tried now the above posted city car pack and its an good improvement. Indeed its much less vram demanding and the traffic control system is included. Its not perfect and sometimes there are to many taxis but its a good compromise. I have no disappearing textures and details anymore. Most of the cars are really good. Another thing is that the mercedes s-class is the most appearing car and the VW Golf is very rare. It would be much better if it was the other way round.

Edited by nobody007

• 2 weeks later...

I tested the city car pack for some hours now. The textures dont disappear immediatly like on bigger car packs but after one hour of smooth playing they start to disappear and i have to restart the game.

hi,

i'm now using Killatomate Car Pack (62cars modified + his handling for +100vehicules)

i haven't bugs by using control traffic system AND no texture/graphics disappear same after 1h 2h of playing

so thanks killatomate for your amazing handling and for this pack

i think keep this pack because this is the only pack i find with very good handling AND most of nice cars without 2012 high end PC requirement like very good but extrem powerfull PC required zzcool ultimate car pack 7 (your pack is the more beautifull i see but due to his beauty he require more power pc than i have so textures/graphics disappear at all time confused.gif ^^)

i recommend killatomate car pack for users wants a nice car pack with only but a good amount of 62cars modded for a good compromise of ressources required ..and his handling is ...amazing ^^

my pc is 2600k on p8p67dlx, 750w, gtx295, 8gb@1600mhz ram smile.gif

ps: if with a pack of 70cars textures/graphics disappears after 1h of playing, i think the limit to avoid this bugs is around 65 because i haven't this bugs with pack i currently using wink.gif

ps2 : you can find killatomate 62car pack dowload link on his youtube channel

Edited by samy765

did you ever have problems with disappearing textures before you tried killatomates car pack?

Edited by nobody007

The car pack from killatomate is the same like all others. My Textures start to disappear after 15 mins. I will use my own little car pack with 20 cars and no wft bigger than 1,5 MB. I have my favourite cars anyway and dont need to replace so much cars. Who needs to replace suv's or US cars they suck anyway.

Edited by nobody007