Freeware CD burning

Zyo

So, I recently installed my Nero cd burning program to find it is not working with Windows7, I did all the usual searches to fix it and the general consensus on the nero forum is if it is too old, buy a new version. I thought no, not if it will be out of date and have no support in a few years......

So my question now is does anyone know of a good freeware cd burner that they can recommend? I will be using it to burn audio discs and maybe a few data files.

Bowserchomp

There's a little thing that's included in every copy of Windows 7 that can burn audio CD's.

It's called Windows Media Player. dozingoff.gif

Yeah, but not everyone wants to load up a bloated media experience and add in items from a library just to burn them.

I second deep burner, its been pretty good to me when I've needed it.

user posted image

QwelzaarKane

I haven't used it to burn any CDs yet, but MediaMonkey can. It's also a great media player in general.

CDBurnerXP is free http://cdburnerxp.se/

If you really want to stick with Nero, and mostly likely what you have is a very old version, there is Nero BurnLite that is free. http://filehippo.com/download_nero_lite/ frankly I gave up on Nero when v6 or 7 came out and stuck to the last 5.5.x and then gave up on it completely.

Yeah, but not everyone wants to load up a bloated media experience and add in items from a library just to burn them.

Exactly. The computer I am using now, I have had for a year any have not even done the first run of Windows Media Player.

Thanks for the other suggestion guys.

I keep the WMP installers for various versions of Windows I'm using, I don't like WMP 11 for example. 10 is probably my favorite. My tip is to hold on to the MS installer applications and file them on a disc, USB, etc

I keep the WMP installers for various versions of Windows I'm using, I don't like WMP 11 for example. 10 is probably my favorite. My tip is to hold on to the MS installer applications and file them on a disc, USB, etc

Well that was completely useless information that has nothing to do with the topic.