Why so many unnecessary GTA related IGN posts ?

ryan_J

In the last week IGN has posted many articles regarding the new GTA IV mod but the amount of articles regarding the same thing is a little suspicious these days GTA doesnt get mentioned on IGN but now im seeing GTA related stuff plastered all over it and I was thinking why, do they know something "V" related. In the latest article posted about an hour ago they said "make your IV look like V" its just a little wierd thats all.

Thompson.png

In the last week IGN has posted many articles regarding the new GTA IV mod but the amount of articles regarding the same thing is a little suspicious these days GTA doesnt get mentioned on IGN but now im seeing GTA related stuff plastered all over it and I was thinking why, do they know something "V" related. In the latest article posted about an hour ago they said "make your IV look like V" its just a little wierd thats all.

Nah they refers that you can improve your IV graphics to look like the newest game's graphics so that's why they used V... if the people don't know even a relase date, Rockstar couldn't show the game to nobody that's what I think

Nah they refers that you can improve your IV graphics to look like the newest game's graphics so that's why they used V... if the people don't know even a relase date, Rockstar couldn't show the game to nobody that's what I think

I know thats why they used the V but its still strange they also said why wait for V as if they know when its coming.

Thompson.png

I know thats why they used the V but its still strange they also said why wait for V as if they know when its coming.

Arn't we all waiting for it? Your conclusions are dumb. IGN knows nothing.

Yl8KS.jpg

Long_Haired_Boy

IGN does knows whats going on. A lot of games are behind close doors at E3 for certain press.

The more you know wink.gif

IGN does knows whats going on. A lot of games are behind close doors at E3 for certain press.

The more you know wink.gif

One thing I found out from the whole Borderlands 2 thing was that the major gaming sites/magazines do know something about soon-to-be-announced games, even if it's just the fact of their announcement, but are tied down by NDAs. This is so that when an announcement is actually made, all the sites will post the story at the same time, maximising impact. So, maybe IGN do know something, or maybe they know that a lot of people like GTA and will click on anything related to it . . .

What are you talking about, ryan_J? No GTA IV related articles were posted on IGN.com in August, and in July there were only two posted: http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14269673_articles.html

Perhaps you're looking at the IGN Blogs, which is largely user contributed content (anyone can post).

What are you talking about, ryan_J? No GTA IV related articles were posted on IGN.com in August, and in July there were only two posted: http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14269673_articles.html

Perhaps you're looking at the IGN Blogs, which is largely user contributed content (anyone can post).

GTA IV article was posted the other day about the ICenhancer, there have been a couple of GTA IV related articles over the past few months

OchyGTA, read the first post - he claims that various GTA IV articles were posted this week, the last one today - which I don't see.

You just reaffirmed what I said, that there's only been a few in last few months - rather than a bunch in past week.

OchyGTA, read the first post - he claims that various GTA IV articles were posted this week, the last one today - which I don't see.

You just reaffirmed what I said, that there's only been a few in last few months - rather than a bunch in past week.

Ahh my mistake

Finn 7 five 11
I don't care if they know. I just want a damn announcement

Agree.

IGN might know something, but them making lots of articles about GTA IV is definitely not a hint.

They just need viewers and there isn't much else to talk about at the moment.

Kwandilibro

Chances are, they do know something. But they still do want traffic to their site.

Most big gaming (and forums, possibly) sites like IGN are slightly briefed about upcoming announcements/releases. And it will state clearly whether or not they can talk about them. I'd imagine if they knew something about GTA then putting alot of attention on the game would be a good hint so that when the announcement does come they will have the attention of more people.

But of course there's always the coincedence that they just feel like talking about GTA lately lol.