Car packs give me slow loading textures

DJ Guttah

Is there a way to install a car pack without getting disappearing roads and buildings? It's really annoying.

I believe I am running the steam copy of the game, I play the EFLC version of re game patch 1.1.2.0

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5-2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3ghz overclocked to 4.2ghz

G.Skill 8GB of memory (2x4gb) at 1600mhz

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 580 1536mb core clock 940mhz mem clockmem clock 2315mhz

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Here are my game settings:

Resolution - 1920x1200

Texture Quality - High

Reflection Quality - Very high

Water Quality - Very high

View Distance - 25

Detail Distance - 100

Traffic density - 100

Shadow Quality - High

Night shadows - High

Definition - on

Vsync - on

Any idea why vehicle packs with real cars give me bad textures? My game runs at around 50fps just fine with high settings.

Edited by DJ Guttah

I lowered the detail distance to 30 and the traffic density to 5 and the problem still persists.

Playing with the default cars is so boring.

And in order to get rid of this issue I'd have to upgrade my graphics card to one that has more vram and that would cost $500 =/

Edited by DJ Guttah

Sooo.....are you guys going to AT LEAST give me some suggestions for mods that modify the default cars?

That is the least I could have if I can't use any real cars...

If you are going to use a huge amount of hi-poly models, you are going to take a performance hit even with a decent rig. Most car packs are nice cars, but are just bundled together without any thought of consequences for performance.

Either download individual mods that are less taxing performance wise, or turn down your settings. Start by lowering the resolution and texture quality level.

If you are going to use a huge amount of hi-poly models, you are going to take a performance hit even with a decent rig. Most car packs are nice cars, but are just bundled together without any thought of consequences for performance.

Either download individual mods that are less taxing performance wise, or turn down your settings. Start by lowering the resolution and texture quality level.

Thank god somebody replied....I thought everyone on this website died.

I tried lowering the resolution from 1920x1200 to 1680x1050, and I turned the texture quality to medium but it didnt work, it just made the game look worse.....in addition, the roads kept disappearing and the buildings as well.

I guess I'll just have to play with default traffic. I wanted it to be when I drive with my police mods, I can see real cars on the roads and not default ones. But I guess I can't do that.

I currently have a GTX 580 with 1.5gb of ram, and I ordered an INNO 3D GTX 275 with 1.7gb of ram, do you think that'll solve the problem?

Okay now I just tried individually adding cars to the game and the roads still disappear.

THIS IS SO F*CKING ANNOYING OH MY GOD.

OverTheBelow
I currently have a GTX 580 with 1.5gb of ram, and I ordered an INNO 3D GTX 275 with 1.7gb of ram, do you think that'll solve the problem?

I certainly hope you didn't buy that to replace your 580, it's nowhere near as fast and will result in much worse performance altogether.

I tried lowering the resolution from 1920x1200 to 1680x1050, and I turned the texture quality to medium but it didnt work, it just made the game look worse.....in addition, the roads kept disappearing and the buildings as well.

This implies that it isn't cause by exceeding your VRAM, but because of a faulty driver installation and/or just the game playing up, or just bad mods.

You should check the amount of VRAM you are using while gaming with a program such as MSI Afterburner. You can enable a graph that displays memory usage. Also, reinstall your drivers.

Also, just so you know, people don't come on this board just to help people like you. We get no gain by replying to your topics and it isn't exactly that interesting helping people with problems thatonly they are having. Only a small portion of members usually browse the support sections, and if we don't know the cause of problem then you're probably going to have to look somewhere else. Please stop acting like this is official R* tech support forum and you "deserve a reply for buying the game" or something ridiculous like that, because it really is far from it.

DU8afL0.jpg

I certainly hope you didn't buy that to replace your 580, it's nowhere near as fast and will result in much worse performance altogether.

This implies that it isn't cause by exceeding your VRAM, but because of a faulty driver installation and/or just the game playing up, or just bad mods.

You should check the amount of VRAM you are using while gaming with a program such as MSI Afterburner. You can enable a graph that displays memory usage. Also, reinstall your drivers.

Also, just so you know, people don't come on this board just to help people like you. We get no gain by replying to your topics and it isn't exactly that interesting helping people with problems thatonly they are having. Only a small portion of members usually browse the support sections, and if we don't know the cause of problem then you're probably going to have to look somewhere else. Please stop acting like this is official R* tech support forum and you "deserve a reply for buying the game" or something ridiculous like that, because it really is far from it.

Okay well thanks for your help, I've tried going to gta police forums and other places to help me solve this issue and nobody seems to know what to do to solve it.

I still have no idea how to solve this problem.

Have people never had this problem before? I mean really, I have no idea how to play this game with mods. All it does is screw up for me.

Would getting the original gta 4 help?

• 1 month later...

I installed the light-version carpack, i mentioned here, which helped me and could help you, too: Is there a vehicle pack Lite available

My textures start to disappear after 1hour of playing. I have 20-50fps and the settings-screen tells me i have more then 500mb vram free to use. I dont understand why other people are able to play with car packs. My system (in signature) should be able to manage this with medium-settings.

Here i posted my specific problem (amongst others), but so far there is no solution for the disappearing textures:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=ST&...st&p=1060751444

• 3 months later...
Is there a way to install a car pack without getting disappearing roads and buildings? It's really annoying.

I believe I am running the steam copy of the game, I play the EFLC version of re game patch 1.1.2.0

Here are my specs:

Resolution - 1920x1200

Texture Quality - High

View Distance - 25

Detail Distance - 100

Traffic density - 100

Shadow Quality - High

Night shadows - High

Definition - on

Vsync - on

Any idea why vehicle packs with real cars give me bad textures? My game runs at around 50fps just fine with high settings.

Most likely you are using 1.0.7.0 version of the game. Thats the common problem.

I had the same problem, so I had to downgrade to 1.0.4.0.

Now I created my own car pack. Highest quality models. And the textures rarely load slow. Usuallly everything is fine. But on 1.0.7.0 it was horrible. Didnt even see the road.

my vid memory usage in gta iv is 1354/1388

• 2 weeks later...
captainkneecap

Here are my specs:

Resolution - 1920x1200

Texture Quality - High

View Distance - 25

Detail Distance - 100

Traffic density - 100

Shadow Quality - High

Night shadows - High

Definition - on

Vsync - on

Most likely you are using 1.0.7.0 version of the game. Thats the common problem.

I had the same problem, so I had to downgrade to 1.0.4.0.

Now I created my own car pack. Highest quality models. And the textures rarely load slow. Usuallly everything is fine. But on 1.0.7.0 it was horrible. Didnt even see the road.

my vid memory usage in gta iv is 1354/1388

I have a 4gb GTX 560 and 1.0.7 but i have steam so i cant downgrade

friendly luggage

I had this issue with the ultimate car pack v8 by zzcool. Textures and other objects would slowly stop loading so I reverted back to the original vehicles and the problem has gone. Since then though I copied the custom vehicles.img and all the other files back in and I no longer have a problem confused.gif

Sorry for advertise here, but i've got a small car pack that works smoothly for me. (195mb - about 50 cars) Some other guys told me it works for them also, so i wanna test it.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/the-esse...pack-v10-f12404

Also, if you're using TrafficLoad, try to reduce 'carspercyle' to 12 or less, and don't abuse of trainers or car spawners too much.