Has GTA ever inspired you to...

thejorens

Has GTA ever inspired you to do some carjacking, shoot cops, rob stores, drink&drive or any other illegal stuff, or damage you in any way.  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Has GTA ever inspired you to do some carjacking, shoot cops, rob stores, drink&drive or any other illegal stuff, or damage you in any way.

• Yes
    • Nope
    • Not yet....

I just want to know if all the protesting and lawsuits against GTA are really as pointless as i think.

To answer your question: Yes. Blaming a game is a silly excuse. I voted for no, I started playing GTA at a very young age and I didn't have any problems with the police yet. I was never that aggressive kind of guy either.

I guess they could stop blaming the game, if they actually look at what is happening in schools, for example when school shootings occur, they blame games for "Training people to use weapons", actually i think the other classmates and/or bad parenting may be the problem.

I Said No.

I started playing GTA when i was 6, San Andreas to be exact. I did a few missions,but mostly drivng my car into the ocean and spending hours trying to find my way out biggrin.gif. I've never commited any crime in my life and I think its really stupid to blame a game for somebodys weak mind and another persons weaker parenting skills. Sometimes, I think these people are looking to take a few bucks from Rockstar,other times they legit believe that its the games fault,and other times they dont really believe it but they are to afraid to admit they failed as a parent. If you dont want your kid playing, FINE. Keep the game out of their hands and dont blame R* if it reaches them. If you let your kid play make sure they have a good grip on reality,and know whats right and wrong.

That is all. bored.gif

user posted image

Nope, been playing GTA for over a decade now and I have never commited a crime, sign-thompson.gif <-- Silly man...

Of course no.It's total bullsh*t.When I was young,I was playing super mario on nintendo,and it didn't make me stomp things,eat mushrooms and flowers,headbutt blocks and save little guys with mushroom hats and a princess.Same with Gta.In real life,you don't have a life bar,a place where you can save you game.

AlexGTAGamer

I voted no too, people who feel the urge to commit a crime after playing a video game need to get a better grip on reality, or better yet send them all to mental hospitals.

I think Jack Thompson and all of the others are just trying to pin the blame for children growing more violent on GTA because the have nothing else to pin it on. About in the mid-90s, they were saying that children were misbehaving because of television. It's all a pile of nonsense. GTA clearly states that it is for mature players and if you do not want your kid to play it then take the damn game away! It's as easy as that. sign-thompson.gif

Edited by StoneHead37

Harwood Butch3r

No. If anything I believe violent video games are a deterrent. They let people blow off some steam without the need of suffering real life consequences.

Hypothetically speaking in a world without violent video games would crimes rates be any different to what they are now?

Did Jack The Ripper kill 5 Whitechapel prostitutes in London during 1888 because he done it in a violent video game? Even if video games existed back in those days would it have intensified his already unstable mind?

Really I think for a video game to get any sort of influence over you, you would have to be sick mentally. No sane person on earth would feel the temptation to imitate what they seen by playing a violent video game.

I've been playing violent video games since I was about 7-8 years old and I've turned out fine. Just like everyone I know. GTA has always pushed the boundaries of controversy, but it's never influenced me to go out and commit a crime I've done in the game.

GTA clearly states that it is for mature players and if you do not want your kid to play it then take the damn game away! It's as easy as that.

The irony with that is I reckon the majority of us started playing GTA when we were well and truly under its targeted audience. My parents never had a problem with the games I played when I was younger. My mum was a bit weary of games with coarse language, but the violence was never a concern of theirs.

Edited by Miamivicecity

YankeesPwnMets

No, and it never will.

Only immature brats will learn from games like GTA.

MaryseDynasty

I've voted for no, playing GTA since I was 6 at my aunt house visiting every 2 - 3 days, I still cant believe she loved GTA too XD. Ah good times biggrin.gif, And everyone says I'm one of the nicest people they know, so video games don't really do anything to ya unless there is something wrpng with ya, or you just hate the world and copy games confused.gif.

I've voted for no, playing GTA since I was 6 at my aunt house visiting every 2 - 3 days, I still cant believe she loved GTA too XD. Ah good times biggrin.gif, And everyone says I'm one of the nicest people they know, so video games don't really do anything to ya unless there is something wrpng with ya, or you just hate the world and copy games confused.gif.

my dad enjoys playing a little gta once in a while too biggrin.gif

I consider myself a prime example that video games DO NOT cause violence. I've been playing GTA since I was about 4 or 5, I played the first one on PlayStation (which my brother owned) along with many other vilolent games, Resident Evil, numerous FPSs and so on. And according to some crazy people I should be some lunatic stuck in a jail cell, well guess what I haven't even had a single fight in my entire life biggrin.gifsign-thompson.gif

Also I agree with Miamivicecity, if anything video games help with stress and anger, you can blow off so much steam by playing video games without hurting anyone or anything icon14.gif

Edited by CakePicnic

I have played GTA since I was 9 years old and I have never been inspired to do crimes you see in the GTA games. That being said I don't think I will be inspired in the future either.

i played gta since i was 4 (was vc), i ain't done anythin' bad in my life, so nope, don't change ya, it's just to blow off some steam.

Actually i think video games have made me a bit more cruel.

A man was walking down a street during a thunderstorm, with a broken umbrella, while i was inside playing Black Ops

I looked out the window and laughed and thought "That`s what you get for not owning a car.... Bitch"

Triple Penetration

GTA has not, but Call Of Duty has influenced me to sometimes wanting shoot people around me. whatsthat.gif

user posted image

Well I played GTA the other day, and a few hours later earned meself a speeding ticket, (for 3 mph too fast, feeling like a real daredevil).

So yeah, even with a delay of many hours, I can honestly say that GTA told me to.

After that I went bowling with my cousin.

1st gtaROCKER
I've been playing 'mature' video games since I was a toddler, and the (lots of) trouble I've had with the police hasn't been influenced by GTA in any way. I, and every other person on GTAF, am mature enough to draw the line between video games and real life. So no.

*Official GTAFNS Forums Member*

.:See Official Topic for the Link:.

.:PM me for details:.

Well, earlier, I hi-jacked a helicopter and stood on top of one of the tallest buildings in my town, shooting at people below with an RPG, I would keep stocking up on ammo by entering, then exiting the helicopter, when things started to get sour, I took the helicopter and flew to the ground, stealing a car and driving to my local respray shop, where they completely lost track of me, I then headed home and played some GTA IV.

-----

In all seriousness, it hasn't, I've been playing the GTA games for most of my childhood and teenage years, and at no point, have I been tempted to kill, steal or anything, I can say that I can draw the line between reality and video games.

No, it's just a game.

The only thing it has inspired me to do is just go outside and walk around my entire city aimlessly, just to come across something to do, or see a friend and help them out with something.

Of course no.It's total bullsh*t.When I was young,I was playing super mario on nintendo,and it didn't make me stomp things,eat mushrooms and flowers,headbutt blocks and save little guys with mushroom hats and a princess.Same with Gta.In real life,you don't have a life bar,a place where you can save you game.

well said! cool.gif

Not at all. It has never even made me consider the prospect, as I am not a complete idiot. I enjoy the game; however I know that the real life criminal world is completely different from this.

People who try tu use this game as an excuse for committing criminal offences are simply pathetic. At the end of the day, if you commit an act that is against the law, then be prepared to suffer the consequences yourself. Do not be a coward and try to shift the blame onto a hard working company who always provide us with top of the range games.

IT

IS

ONLY

A

GAME

And if anyone is dumb enough to commit crimes just because you do it on the game they are total idiots and deserve to be shot in the balls and strung up by their left nipple.