GTA V's Economy

Trideez

One thing EVERY GTA game has in common is the TERRIBLE economy. Money has been pretty much worthless in GTA so far. I really wish Rockstar would fire whoever is in charge of the game's economy and hire someone new. The main problem as I see it is lack of EXPENSES. There needs to be MORE stuff to SPEND money on. And the prices for things should be REALISTIC. A box of bullets does not cost 250 dollars, for example. Just like food does not cost $1. Also, you cannot live somewhere for FREE, there is a thing called RENT and it should have to be payed. Let us do drugs in the game, that's something else that costs money. Let us gamble, make cars run out of gas if they aren't refueled. In other words, make it a STRUGGLE to the top. I hear that the drug mini game from Chinatown Wars was awesome, I'd love to see it incorporated into GTA V. Maybe even a stock market. ANYTHING to spend money on. The character should be a smoker and have to spend $7 a day keeping up with his nicotine habit. There should be MORE (WAY MORE!) GUNS! Have you ever been to a gun shop? There aren't just 2 pistols in the store! There should be 20 different makes and models of pistols alone! I want a collection of assault rifles that can rival Call of Duty! I want so many guns that I would need a whole apartment just for my guns, and I should be able to rent one just for that! Again, things to SPEND money on. Add high class prostitutes that charge $20,000. Put weed ranging from nickel bags of mexican dirt weed all the way up to buying ounces or pounds of high quality hydroponic weed for $3000 for a pound. Let the player develope drug habits that need to be kept up with in order to function or make them PAY to go to REHAB to get off the drugs. I can't stress it enough, put more things in the game to spend money on!!!!!! How about making campaign donations to a candidate running for political office? ANYTHING to spend more money on! You should be able to rent or purchase cars, boats, helicopters, or even your own plane. Cars should be customizable. Your hair should grow if you dont get it cut regularly! I want to spend this money I have!!

Also since we're on the subject of money, I really hope they utilize BANKS in the next GTA. Walking around with $300,000 in your pocket is not only LAME, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE. ATM's are there so you have money in your pocket, keep the rest in the bank!

I agree 100% we need more things to spend money on. Having said that they should be things that are worthwhile and make sense to have in the game, and actually serve a purpose other than to simply act as a money gobbler. Property is the best way to do this, because it's something you do definitely need, it costs a hell of a lot so you have to save up, it also adds to the game in sense that you feel like you have an empire or you are rich and powerful. Property buying really needs to be included in V, it was one of the big let downs with IV to have it completely removed.

As for banks, I don't think they really need them. Sure it's not realistic to have 300,000 on you but it's also not realistic to carry 10 different guns on you at the same time either. At the end of the day it is a game and practicallity trumps realism.

I agree Stu, it is not realistic to carry 10 different guns on you, and that's why I'm in favor of not being able to do that either. I think you're big weapons should have to be stored in the trunk of your car. I think it should show HOW you are carrying the weapons you have. For example, you could have an AK 47 in a sling over your shoulder, an MP5 in another sling at your side, and a Glock 17 in your waistband. Maybe you'd wear your handgun in a shoulder holster, I might wear mine in a side holster, someone else might do both and an ankleholster too. I am all for REALISM in GTA.

I want so many guns that I would need a whole apartment just for my guns, and I should be able to rent one just for that!

I lol'd. BTW I totally agree with you, getting to the top is so easy in any GTA game. You're just doing the missions and don't pay attention to your ingame wallet because it grows constantly. Even if you kill peds or do stunt jumps, you get money. I don't remember any situation in a GTA game where I needed more cash - if you complete at least the main storyline, you get enough money to buy anything you want in the game.

Yes, in EVERY Grand Theft Auto so far, I have looked at my wallet and said to myself "Why the f*ck am I still committing crimes????" I mean, people with 500,000 dollars dont steal cars. I want to NEED RENT MONEY! Now there's a reason to steal! I want there to be parts in the game where I have 3 dollars and 58 cents to my name and my guy is complaining about STARVING. Let me order a pizza and stick the guy up for it when he gets there! Give me a reason to go rob a house! There's no logical explanation of why I would rob a convenient store while I have a Lambo parked out front and 5 houses with plasma screen TV's! I'm personally hoping that the next GTA takes place in the LA gang culture just like San Andreas, but I'm hoping for a realistic story line about someone STRUGGLING to make it. Unless you're Suge Knight, you aren't going to be gang banging while being a millionaire! LOL Give my character a crack addiction! That will keep him broke! LOL I really hope Rockstar gets the economy right with this next game.

GTA36362355
Yes, in EVERY Grand Theft Auto so far, I have looked at my wallet and said to myself "Why the f*ck am I still committing crimes????" I mean, people with 500,000 dollars dont steal cars. I want to NEED RENT MONEY! Now there's a reason to steal! I want there to be parts in the game where I have 3 dollars and 58 cents to my name and my guy is complaining about STARVING. Let me order a pizza and stick the guy up for it when he gets there! Give me a reason to go rob a house! There's no logical explanation of why I would rob a convenient store while I have a Lambo parked out front and 5 houses with plasma screen TV's! I'm personally hoping that the next GTA takes place in the LA gang culture just like San Andreas, but I'm hoping for a realistic story line about someone STRUGGLING to make it. Unless you're Suge Knight, you aren't going to be gang banging while being a millionaire! LOL Give my character a crack addiction! That will keep him broke! LOL I really hope Rockstar gets the economy right with this next game.

Well, I completely agree. There should be different types of properties and vehicles to ACTUALLY buy and maintain.

Though, "stealing another car when we have crapped our own" will always survive in GTA because we get forced to steal the cars just for the sake of our urgency.

To make it realistic, at least the car driver should be allowed to lodge a complain.

We should get reported and we may have to pay the "accumulated" fines if we get caught.

I agree with a lot of these suggestions. In gta IV there was an achievment to get a 500k bankroll... Hell, there should be apartments that cost more than that in-game!

Property, vehicles and weapons should be the big money pits, including upgrades for all of them.

But then it also has to be alot of ways of making money.

I think gambling should be completely banned from all gta games unless it's seriously capped at a low prize.

Nothing ruins the game more than betting everything on huge odds, fail and just load the game and try again until you hit the main pot and

never have to work again.

There have to be tons of other ways. Pizza delivering, taxi driver, cop work (as in gta IV), fireman, ambulance personell, racing, millitary pilot, post delivery boy etc...

And the more money you make and progress along the story, the greater (better paid) jobs become available.

Make it nearly impossible to own everything! I wanna still struggle for 100% 12 months after completing the story!

I think gambling should be completely banned from all gta games unless it's seriously capped at a low prize.

Nothing ruins the game more than betting everything on huge odds, fail and just load the game and try again until you hit the main pot and

There have to be tons of other ways. Pizza delivering, taxi driver, cop work (as in gta IV), fireman, ambulance personell, racing, millitary pilot, post delivery boy etc...

Well a simple solution for the gambling would be for them to have an AUTO SAVE feature after winning or losing money gambling. Restarting with the lost money should not be an option.

As for your suggestions on ways to make money, I have to say that I don't like any of them. Maybe delivering pizzas as some sort of "job" would fit in, maybe you're cousin owns a pizza shop or something. Police? Hell no. Ambulance driver? HORRIBLE. Military pilot? Sorry this is Grand Theft Auto. Street races, yes. Robberies, yes. Drug dealing, definitely. Things REAL CRIMINALS do to make money. There are no criminals driving around saving people in an ambulance.

Well a simple solution for the gambling would be for them to have an AUTO SAVE feature after winning or losing money gambling. Restarting with the lost money should not be an option.

As for your suggestions on ways to make money, I have to say that I don't like any of them. Maybe delivering pizzas as some sort of "job" would fit in, maybe you're cousin owns a pizza shop or something. Police? Hell no. Ambulance driver? HORRIBLE. Military pilot? Sorry this is Grand Theft Auto. Street races, yes. Robberies, yes. Drug dealing, definitely. Things REAL CRIMINALS do to make money. There are no criminals driving around saving people in an ambulance.

The only way the autosave feature could stop you from exploiting gambling is if there were no way to save manually.

Cause there is no problem saving at a safe house before gambling and load that save despite the autosave feature.

And we need the manual save option...

The "jobs" were just bad examples, yes.

How about:

- Bankrobbery; On your own initiative keeping all profit. Or ordered by someone who provides a team for you to work with (getting a set amount for the job\percentages)

- Vehicle theft; As for brucie in gta 4

- Smuggler; Fly a plane containing loads of drugs dropping packages at exact pickup\drop-points offshore or countryside. Getting paid according to accuracy.

- Robbing pedestrians (ofcourse)

- Hitman

- selling drugs on street corners

just a few...

GTA36362355
There are no criminals driving around saving people in an ambulance.

LOL lol.gif I fully agree..

How can a gangsta do a job of a cop? Being a vigilante is crap.. Though it was made realistic in GTA IV yet more contract killing side missions should be added instead of the Vigilante sh*t.. To earn, You need to Kill..

BDW, who gave money to CJ when he killed some criminals? or saved some injured pedestrians? sarcasm.gif

Good point about the auto/manual save and the gambling Common, but I do think they could figure out some way to make it work if they put their minds to it. And yeah, those jobs you just said are alot better for a crime game.

How about this for cop car missions...

You steal a cop car, then you pull people over and rob them for their money, weed, sunglasses or whatever else they have on them. Maybe even take them hostage and hold them for ransom. Or you use the police computer to find out the names of snitches and there's a website that pays for dead snitches, lol. Missions along those lines I could see myself doing in a cop car.

You have good ideas Trideez, well some of them. Doing drugs and going on rehab? come on man, we'll spend most of time in game going on rehabilitation biggrin.gif All other ideas are good and can be implemented in game. It will bring another dimension to the game

Original Light

Yeah, but like some one said above ^^, it's also not realistic to walk around with 560 rounds of Assult Rifle ammo and the gun itself, 8 RPG rounds, 79 shotgun rounds etc.

And what about having a short brief of every mission? Then we would know what kind of weapons we need for that mission and we can pick it up from flat or from gun shop.

Urban Legend

Good topic. So economy, huh?

I expect the same Gta when it does come around. Ambulance missions, taxi missions etc. Any easy way to drain money is upkeep. Paying for your protection... Calling Armando would cost 5k and Henrique 10k. Savehouses and cars also need renovations. Why not actually buy cars and boats? Considering we arent illegal in the next game. tounge.gif Lots of ideas here.

user posted image

Original Light

Good topic. So economy, huh?

I expect the same Gta when it does come around. Ambulance missions, taxi missions etc. Any easy way to drain money is upkeep. Paying for your protection... Calling Armando would cost 5k and Henrique 10k. Savehouses and cars also need renovations. Why not actually buy cars and boats? Considering we arent illegal in the next game. tounge.gif Lots of ideas here.

Thats a good idea... It could work well in the game if we had more to spend on, and make money harder to come by like in RDR. In Red Dead Redemption money had to be earned, like hunting, as completing missions only gave you a little money. In GTA V there should be Bears and Deer, that way you can hunt and earn money like in real life. biggrin.gif Of course in the country side, as I doubt your going to find a Bear in the City.

AndrefromEstonia

I remember when i played Vice City, money was everything. I wouldn't say it was worthless, only at the end of game. But you were f*cking rich and powerful in the end...what did you expect? I gathered money from everywhere in the game, did all kinds of missions and killed pedestrians to have money. Thats to buy all the safehouses and businesses.

user posted image

Ofourse ther has to be moor money spendng ways but the have to be cool not paying for a rent thats just stupid its just a game .

Just take all from SA tatoos/clothing/haircuts/ .

About the gun thing well i dont need 50+ weapons but with as long ass waiting for GTA V i totally hope guns wil be moor than ther was in GTA IV , but i disagree with option that its not realistic to carry 5+guns , cmon its just a game .

Safehouse buying and maybe eaven selling them after umm for example checking an fake internet site for latest change in real estate stuff tounge.gif + maybe eaven purchasing biger houses and customize the first floor for bars/clubs/ stuff like that or living spots tounge.gif dunno i realy hope GTA V is comming out soon i cant take this sh*t thers no games im looking forward than GTA V .