No Sound Effects [PC]

Azoshi

Hi all !

I recently reinstalled Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and there's been a problem.

There's no menu sounds at all, loading screen song or when you play the game, there is simply no

footsteps, car sounds. etc. etc.

This is a very odd problem considering that the game used to run totally fine a month ago.

I'm using Windows 7 and I can't reduce audio hardware acceleration, so I really don't know if there's a solution to this.

The version of San Andreas I am running is 2.0 although I typically downgrade to 1.0

When a game previously worked fine, the first thing to try is Delete the gta_sa.set file.

I presume you have reinstalled using your Original DVD and are using the DVD in drive to play the game.

When a game previously worked fine, the first thing to try is Delete the gta_sa.set file.

I presume you have reinstalled using your Original DVD and are using the DVD in drive to play the game.

Just tried deleting gta_sa.set and no luck.

And yes, I have reinstalled using my original DVD and am playing it with the DVD in the drive.

Remove all Mods/downgrades/cleo's etc.

You don't want to have anything other than a plain Origininal Game. Other junk may complicate fixing the problem, if it isn't causing the problem.

When the problem is fixed you can start putting the junk back.

How are other sounds from other programs? Is the cables connected securly?

Oh nevermind, I found the solution.

In my Realtek HD Audio Manager, I had '7.1 Speaker' selected; I selected Stereo instead and now it works.

Sorry for the inconvenience !