2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Have A Question? V2

chrisscorsese88

As of lately my xbox one randomly turns on then i turn it off and a few hours later it turns itself back on.

why does it do this?

I take it you have Kinect connected to it in some way? If so, then it is always kind of in "ON" mode and can be turned on fully just by saying "Xbox ON" and the Kinect will turn it on. I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm sure there's a way to turn it off somewhere in settings.

SolidSnails

As of lately my xbox one randomly turns on then i turn it off and a few hours later it turns itself back on.

why does it do this?

I take it you have Kinect connected to it in some way? If so, then it is always kind of in "ON" mode and can be turned on fully just by saying "Xbox ON" and the Kinect will turn it on. I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm sure there's a way to turn it off somewhere in settings.

thats the problem though i dont even say xbox on or anything and its like oh lemme turn on. For example last night im laying in bed and it randomly turns on.

So i say xbox off yes then 10 min later its back on

trip

why does it do this?

thats the problem though i dont even say xbox on or anything and its like oh lemme turn on. For example last night im laying in bed and it randomly turns on.

So i say xbox off yes then 10 min later its back on

Wow, that is weird.

In the power setting there is an option to turn off "Xbox on" voice command. Give that a try - maybe it isn't the kinect and you are just getting a weird IR signal from a UFO or something.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Can anyone see the internet becoming obsolete any time soon?

sivispacem

Can anyone see the internet becoming obsolete any time soon?

Depends how you define the internet. The current entity with which we are familiar will probably change fundamentally in the near-mid future; say 10-15 years. The idea of a vast network of individual computer systems communicating with each other directly over a set of specific protocols? Not likely.

RedBull FM

Just checked out a moderators profile 'Jelly'

-8,388,453 posts. How is that possible?

Icarus

Just checked out a moderators profile 'Jelly'

-8,388,453 posts. How is that possible?

Magic.

...and tinkering with the Admin CP.

Freedombird66

Hi all, new to the forums and was wondering, how do you see who viewed your profile under "Profile View" in "Community Stats" on your profile page? Thanks

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Why don't people like using the sunroofs in their cars? I'd personally have it uncovered all of the time, I love the extra sunlight and views it offers.

lil weasel

Why don't people like using the sunroofs in their cars? I'd personally have it uncovered all of the time, I love the extra sunlight and views it offers.

Having one reduces the head room in already low overhead cars.

When I had them open there was often a vacuuming effect drawing dust and grit up and out through it. This happened in both in my Dauphine, and Ninety-Eight Regency automobiles.

Moth

I like sunroofs, but they reduced the amount of headroom I get.(By a lot, I have to lower the backrest to even be to see out of the car) Also they aren't worth the extra dough when getting a new car.

Andreaz1

I think he means "why not use it if you already have it". I don't know either, I've never had a car of my own but if I did I think I'd love a sunroof. It's the same as having the windows open, I like it and it can be very nice but no one else I ever drive with likes that either. >.<

Danz.

What's it called the meme where there's a guy who raises his arm to ask something, but then gives up?

Edited by Danz.

lil weasel

so why doesn't the SEARCH feature work on all the sections of the forum?

Seems mean to chastise a Member for not using it when it doesn't work...

[Edit]: It shouldn't show on the main boards if it isn't available.

It seems to only be available inside a topic, which won't help a person to avoid making a new topic duplicate.

Edited by lil weasel

Cosmic Gypsy

What's it called the meme where there's a guy who raises his arm to ask something, but then gives up?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cereal-guy

trying to find the other one now...

http://global3.memecdn.com/nothing_c_1017510.jpg is that what you mean? I tried searching for "speechless guy meme" but that is apparently not the name.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

na89340qv0n34b09q340

so why doesn't the SEARCH feature work on all the sections of the forum?

Seems mean to chastise a Member for not using it when it doesn't work...

Because it's a bad search feature. Google works really well for searching forums where threads are public, I really wish more people would reccomend it when others have trouble with the site's search feature. :/

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I think he means "why not use it if you already have it". I don't know either, I've never had a car of my own but if I did I think I'd love a sunroof. It's the same as having the windows open, I like it and it can be very nice but no one else I ever drive with likes that either. >.<

I agree. If I had a sunroof, I'd be fine leaving it like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

It just looks so open.

EphemeralStar

How do I shrink gifs so they fit as signatures and/or avatars? :( I want to actually learn how to, not have someone else do it for me.

Crokey

How do I shrink gifs so they fit as signatures and/or avatars? :( I want to actually learn how to, not have someone else do it for me.

You'll need a program that can edit gifs, I personally use Animation Shop 3, it's quite old school looking, but within it you do have the option to compress the gif, which

usually make it look a little grainy, you can resize the whole animation as in dimensions, or depending on how many frames you have you could also try cutting out every 2nd, 3rd or 4th frame, which can potentially make it look a little choppy but it can reduce the size big time.

Once you have the software you need it's quite straightforward, but if you help with the program one you have it then just give us a shout.

Tacymist

Gimp is also popular and free. That's what I use for gifs. Might take some tinkering to get the hang of it at first though.

There are also websites that can resize gifs for you as well. I've had this one in my bookmarks for a while now.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

In preparation of GTA V, I want to build a gaming PC. Where should I start, and what all do I need to build one from scratch?

Dottie

In preparation of GTA V, I want to build a gaming PC. Where should I start, and what all do I need to build one from scratch?

Really good processor

a really good graphics card

I'd probably start searching AMD's site or some of their competitors

you'll want something with 8GB of RAM or more. but 4 should do if you cannot upgrade it

OPTIONAL

Run Solid state drives if you can (pricey)

or a 1TB or more HDD

computer Speakers- dont worry too much- just get an external speaker and plug in

Internet connection- for online

a good router that can support a lot of devices

or run Ethernet <- the best

OS- Windows 7 (Windows 8 is a downgrade)

Edited by Winning001

acidmobster

How do I sync two albums on my iPod without deleting all my other ones. First off, I placed a sh*tload of albums on my iPod sometime ago. Recently, I rebooted my computer and it deleted everything on it's hard drive. Downloaded iTunes again, and downloaded two album torrents. Dragged them on iTunes, and when I try to sync, it comes up with a message saying that if I accept to sync, it'll delete all my info and apps on my iPod.

Moth

Oh. Well, some people think using it too much can cause leaks in the roof. My uncle is an example of that.

Sentrion

You can also refer to this topic for a full discussion on the subject.

NoSignaL_

Does anyone know why whenever someone posts a video here on the forum, it just shows a black box for me.

Dottie

Does anyone know why whenever someone posts a video here on the forum, it just shows a black box for me.

what device & Internet browser are you using?

Dealux

I have bad vision in my right eye and basically perfect vision in my left eye and the defect I have is apparently genetic. I forgot what the name of the condition was.

My question is this: the doctor said that they can't put a "blank" lens on the glasses for my left eye and the required lens for my right eye. Is this really true? She said that the difference between the eyes would be too confusing for the brain. Also, will my vision in my left eye get worse if they put in a weaker lens? From what I've been told (and the Internet seems to confirm this), the defect I have can't be corrected anymore (perhaps only slightly) so is it really worth wearing glasses then? Or will my vision get worse if I don't wear any?

To tell you the truth I kinda hate glasses and I see quite well right now without them since the vision in my left eye is great.

Edited by Criѕtian

make total destroy

My question is this: the doctor said that they can't put a "blank" lens on the glasses for my left eye and the required lens for my right eye. Is this really true?

Every single pair of glasses I've had in the past 18 years has had a 'blank' lens for my left eye.