Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,056 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Have A Question? V2

Frank Brown

Why do people claim that Weight lifting is a way to lose weight?

Most quick weight loss from 'exercise' is the water sweated out, which is just as quickly replaced when a drink is taken.

Trading muscle for fat isn't weight loss it's conversion.

The way to 'quick' weight loss is to reduce the calories so that the body will have to burn fat. Like eating the 'Banquet' 88¢US meals instead of steak and potato regular food fest.

Weight lifting burns calories as well, just not a ton. And it's probably safer to lift weights and do cardio/eat well if you want to maintain a healthy physique.

Otter

The concept is threefold.

First of all, when people are talking about "losing weight", unless they've been oppressed by the media and literally aim to reach a low number for some godawful reason, they're really just talking about losing fat.

Secondly, any good exercise program involves at least a hint of cardio, which'll burn a decent amount of fat if done regularly and in tandem with a healthy diet.

And finally, the theory goes, muscles actually burn calories even when you're sitting down at your day job. Just to maintain themselves. So, literally, more mulscles = more calories burned per activity.

Of course, calories in/calories out should never be taken any more seriously than just heuristically - it's an inaccurate reflection of the processes our bodies go through but it's a handy measure of activity vs diet. If anyone wants to truly lose weight quickly - and this isn't to say it's easy, sustainable, or healthy - the Low Carb Diet, championed by dudes like Tim Ferris, is freakin' amazing. It was for me, anyhow.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

How does one go about playing 'legally obtained' ROMs on a PS2 slim through a flash drive?

Otter

One probably seeks a website that specializes in such info and pretends he never asked it here.

universetwisters

When you go to join the army, is there any way you can chose or increase your chances of joining the 82nd Airborne?

If I ever have to enlist, I want to have the same experience my Dad did, right down to the division.

lil weasel

Why not contact them direct at Fort Bragg: http://www.bragg.army.mil/82nd/Pages/default.aspx

I noticed that the First item on their Important Information list is "Suicide Prevention", that kind of tells you where their at... :panic:

universetwisters

Why not contact them direct at Fort Bragg: http://www.bragg.army.mil/82nd/Pages/default.aspx

I noticed that the First item on their Important Information list is "Suicide Prevention", that kind of tells you where their at... :panic:

What a coincidence :ph34r:

Just by watching a

on them, you have to go through infantry training and then you go to airborne training. And even then, they might not even put you in the 82nd. They might just stick you in the 101st or 501st in Alaska.

trip

I need to lose a little weight so I can fit in my old suit for a wedding in two weeks. Any advice?

I wrestled through most of my school years. Losing 10 lbs in order to make weight in a few days was nothing. Non of the methods would be recommend by any real health professionals but I'm sure you can find a PIAA wrestlers blog or something with the tips. It would be a long ass post if I were to list out my old methods.

Search stuff like jogging in a silver suit/trash bags.

mFj3wb21R1jQL31PBVAAbRg.jpg

No empty calories. If you plan on exercising it away(silver suit stuff) then I recommend carbs and only carbs...but in reason of course.

Jc_39a

How much money does one person need to spend per year?

This includes gas, electricity and water bills.

Groceries.

Otter

mFj3wb21R1jQL31PBVAAbRg.jpg

No empty calories. If you plan on exercising it away(silver suit stuff) then I recommend carbs and only carbs...but in reason of course.

I recommend the exact opposite, really, and dear god Martin Lawrence almost died doing the rotisserie chicken outfit thing. Seriously.

Do this:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/

lil weasel

Augh, the silver suit is phoney weight loss that I mentioned above. It is a 'Sweat Suit' the water weight you lose using it (trash bags or Cling Wrap will do as well) is regained as soon as you refresh yourself.

gtamann123

Is anti-abortion violence a thing of the past? I know their is still protesting out there but I havent really heard too much about firebombing of clinics, physical attacks on doctors etc. Like you as in the 80s

na89340qv0n34b09q340

There's three people out on a lake on a rowboat. Two of them are male, one is female. The lake is foggy, and there's a sinister mood in the air. One of them dies, or if not there's a threat of death present.

Anyone know where that scene comes from? I've seen it referenced a few times, but I don't know where it came from, and I've tried googling it but all that turns up is paintings of lakes and boats.

Groceries.

That depends on a lot of things. Where you live (It even changes from house to house), how often you drive, what you drive, how much and what you eat, etc. Look at utility prices in your area, go shopping with family and see how much everything they buy costs, and think about the car you want to drive, and then just figure out how much you'd be spending in a month and multiply that by twelve. :monocle:

Otter

Joe Chip - thinking of Winter's Bone, perhaps?

The Leviathan

Is the forum IRC not working anymore?

lil weasel

Groceries.

Roughly:

1000$US per month for housing.

300$US per quarter water.

100$US per month (minimum) Power

Now food, that depends on what you eat and how often...

1$US up per meal, simple maths what you eat per day times 365. (1,000$US up per year)

So roughly 3,000$ to 6,000$ per year.

Edited by lil weasel

Otter

1$ per meal but 1000$/month for housing?

What twisted economical landscape do you live in, my friend? :p

Or by "up" are you implying the sky's the limit? I haven't left my chair all day and I think I've already spent 239 dollars in food. Oh, Canada.

gtamann123

Groceries.

Roughly:

1000$US per month for housing.

300$US per quarter water.

100$US per month (minimum) Power

Now food, that depends on what you eat and how often...

1$US up per meal, simple maths what you eat per day times 365. (1,000$US up per year)

So roughly 3,000$ to 6,000$ per year.

What about $12k a year for rent?

What twisted economical landscape do you live in, my friend?

I would say that's about average to rent an apartment in the US. Of course f you live in NYC or San Fran. It would be almost twice that for average. But that's countered by areas in the south where you can rent apartments for like $600 per month. My rent is $835 for a two bedroom but its in the midwest.

Edited by gtamann123

Otter

I was more taking issue with the food assessment. I spent a metric f*ck ton on food.

But here's a better indicator, I think - the poverty line in the contiguous US is roughly 12000 based on a single person living alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

gtamann123

I was more taking issue with the food assessment. I spent a metric f*ck ton on food.

But here's a better indicator, I think - the poverty line in the contiguous US is roughly 12000 based on a single person living alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

The poverty line really isn't reliable if you ask me. Relative poverty changes from state to state and city to city. I guess Jc could have been more clear as to what state and city he is talking about. Minimum cost to live is different in New York than in Birmingham

Otter

I'm sorry, did I stumble into the Pedant's Corner with host Joe "Captain" Obvious? This week's topic: sh*t Be More Expensive in Cities so Move Your Ass to the Country Side if You Want to Pay Less For Things.

gtamann123

I'm sorry, did I stumble into the Pedant's Corner with host Joe "Captain" Obvious? This week's topic: sh*t Be More Expensive in Cities so Move Your Ass to the Country Side if You Want to Pay Less For Things.

I merely stated that if Jc wants a reliable answer he should have been more specific. Because we cant really give him a good answer based purely on averages.

I apologize if I somehow offended you :blink:

Otter

No offense, my friend, I think you're simply operating on another wavelength.

Point is, you're right, it can vary quite a bit, but mainly only in the extremes. There are countless equalizers; not least of which the current cost of a loaf of bread.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Joe Chip - thinking of Winter's Bone, perhaps?

Could be, but the novel had only come out in 2006, and unless it was popular enough then to get references on TV almost right away then I doubt it. The movie poster looks pretty close to what I'm thinking of though.

I don't even remember where I've seen the references. I think there's usually a gothic/romantic subtext to the scenes, like one guy in the boat will be trying to court a woman, or maybe he's celebrating their engagement, but the other guy in the boat who usually doesn't speak at all is the true lover of the woman. I'm not sure about any of that though. :/

Edited by Joe Chip

lil weasel

What twisted economical landscape do you live in, my friend? :p

1,008$US per month income. :^:

3,250$US per year for housing taxes.

theadmiral

Why do so many people pretend that they speak Japanese ? What is it about pretending to speak Japanese that appeals to the pretending to speak Japanese demographic ?

gnad.1992

Why do so many people pretend that they speak Japanese ? What is it about pretending to speak Japanese that appeals to the pretending to speak Japanese demographic ?

私はなぜ知らない

Mr. House

Konnichiwa?

Voodoo

私の猫は臭いです

Shah Sam

私はなぜ知らない

-.-/(¤(/)/=&&?=(()%###"#¤}]}[][${€(&((%()=-/*/+/*.-,.