Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,255 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Have A Question? V2

mr quick

But I am no homophobe! When she came out to me earlier in 2013, I stood by her, offering to aid in any way I could (seeing as people can be narrow-minded).

That just sounds like you're trying to cure a disease.

"You're a lesbian?! I WILL HELP YOU."

Aid; as in if anyone was giving her any sh*t about it I'd have a word with them to say the least

but now I just have no respect for her and hope to steal her apartement

Edited by Marwin Moody

K^2

Some people do go through it as a phase. There are enough people out there who are just ambivalent enough about their sexual orientation to convince themselves that they are gay/bi just because they think, at least subconsciously, that they'd get more attention out of that. And then they grow out of it. Or not.

But then there are people who are genuinely struggling with their identity, and all of the flaws you perceive are a result of insecurities associated with that struggle. And you'll never be able to say with absolute certainty which it is.

And you know what? It doesn't matter. Labels should never be used to restrict others. To try and cage them into something they don't want to be. Let the person pick the labels the are comfortable with, whether it truly reflects their identity or not. If you try to force a label on someone because you think you know better, you are not helping. In fact, you are almost certainly making things worse.

If a person wishes to identify as particular orientation, gender, or even race, let them. Even if you think that the individual might have ulterior motives, keep it as your own mental note, but give them benefit of the doubt, and treat them as if you accept them as who they say they are.

mr quick

Some people do go through it as a phase. There are enough people out there who are just ambivalent enough about their sexual orientation to convince themselves that they are gay/bi just because they think, at least subconsciously, that they'd get more attention out of that. And then they grow out of it. Or not.

But then there are people who are genuinely struggling with their identity, and all of the flaws you perceive are a result of insecurities associated with that struggle. And you'll never be able to say with absolute certainty which it is.

And you know what? It doesn't matter. Labels should never be used to restrict others. To try and cage them into something they don't want to be. Let the person pick the labels the are comfortable with, whether it truly reflects their identity or not. If you try to force a label on someone because you think you know better, you are not helping. In fact, you are almost certainly making things worse.

If a person wishes to identify as particular orientation, gender, or even race, let them. Even if you think that the individual might have ulterior motives, keep it as your own mental note, but give them benefit of the doubt, and treat them as if you accept them as who they say they are.

This was a very well written post

I do treat her with respect, but if she were not my blood relative, I would avoid her (on a greater level). It's very sorry that it has turned out this way, we used to be such great friends - then the japan-praising began (That's when she quit sports and started pretending to think manga-esque art was something to live off). She's 22 this year (I'm 18 this year) and I make much more money than her. She lives at home, she gets stuff I don't (Public transport card, food money, clothes, shoes etc) and she relentlessly mooches of my much-too-loving father. Can you blame me for disapproving of her(as an entirity, not her sexuality)?

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Trying to think of a classical Indian singer. It was a woman, she was popular some time before the 1950s, and they sent some of her music into space on one of those extra-terrestrial intelligence programs. That's all I remember about her, but I really liked a couple of her songs.

Also what's the quickest/easiest way to take screenshots of a particular window, and then combine them so they're a vertical strip of images. I have Windows 7, and no access to Photoshop if that matters (But GIMP is fine.) I need to do it for somewhere between thirty and fifty eighty frames. e: Disregard the first part. I got irfanview to do that. Now they just need to be in a strip.

Edited by Joe Chip

theadmiral

Trying to think of a classical Indian singer. It was a woman, she was popular some time before the 1950s, and they sent some of her music into space on one of those extra-terrestrial intelligence programs. That's all I remember about her, but I really liked a couple of her songs.

Kesarbai Kerkar

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Kesarbai Kerkar

That's it, thanks! :)

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Stereotypes exist for a reason, also if you choose to reply further I'm ignoring it because you're trying to troll me with veiled insults and hypocrisy.

Yeah man, ni**ers do smell, all Jews are big nosed bankers, The British have f*cked up teeth and are insane and all Americans are fat inbred hicks. Stereotypes exist due to fear and misunderstanding.No stereotypes exist because at least one person in said group has done or features what the said stereotype implies. Of course there are exceptions such as stereotypes created from obvious jokes or just plain idiocy.

Dr. John

All right, here's an extract from the story 'Best Setter' written by O. Henry.

"One day last summer, I went to Pittsburgh-well, I had to go there on business."

I have italicized the phrase which I didn't quite understand. My teacher says that O. Henry has a very sarcastic attitude when writing his "ironic" stories. I feel like I am missing some "only some will get this" humour. I know that Pittsburgh is in America for starters so I would like if somebody who lives there or knows a bit about that city could explain as to why the author commented like that.

Edited by Dr. John

lil weasel

That was before the turn of the century (1900). Pittsburgh was the center of U.S. Steel making (Smoke stacks, soot, and all that)

So... No one would go there unless they had compelling reasons.

SmokeyCity2.JPG

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-27%20at%206_33_2

. City of Bridges

• Pittsburgh boasts more bridges than any other American city.
pittsburg.jpg Edited by lil weasel

Dr. John

Ah, I see. Thaks, lil weasel. And I thoght it was something humorous... :/

Gummy 

Is there any mod for GTA SA that lets us do a Max Payne style shootdodge?

K^2

All right, here's an extract from the story 'Best Setter' written by O. Henry.

"One day last summer, I went to Pittsburgh-well, I had to go there on business."

I have italicized the phrase which I didn't quite understand. My teacher says that O. Henry has a very sarcastic attitude when writing his "ironic" stories. I feel like I am missing some "only some will get this" humour. I know that Pittsburgh is in America for starters so I would like if somebody who lives there or knows a bit about that city could explain as to why the author commented like that.

That was before the turn of the century. Pittsburgh was the center of U.S. Steel making (Smoke stacks, soot, and all that)

While that's absolutely true, I feel like I should point out that it's a very pleasant city these days. Clean air, great views, beautiful architecture. It's also the only major U.S. city I know where you can live a 20 minute walk from downtown and feel like you live in suburbs.

RoadRunner71

That was before the turn of the century. Pittsburgh was the center of U.S. Steel making (Smoke stacks, soot, and all that)

SmokeyCity2.JPG

[...]

And it's twinned with Bilbao, my hometown, capital of the world, and former steel city as well.

Frank Brown

SmokeyCity2.JPG

[...]

And it's twinned with Bilbao, my hometown, capital of the world, and former steel city as well.

Bilbao is considered the capital of the world? That's new to me.

Harley

It's home to the biggest tote bag supplier in the USA.

Bilbao Baggings.

Mr. House

Bilbao Baggings.

Shame on you.

Frank Brown

Bilbao Baggings.

It's a genuine question. I've always heard of New York City as the world's capital. Bilbao would've never crossed my mind as being in the running.

MarshalMoo

Because guys like Robin Thicke need to wear them, the manwhore. It would make sense if the target demographic for the MTV Music Awards was 65 plus. There was also a commercial with an older mechanic who needed his teeth fixed.

Edited by JIMHO

BMW1992

Did Gnad get banned for this thread? http://gtaforums.com/topic/679304-the-goodnight-thread/

Will he be back tomorrow?

Will his new username also involve Gnad?

Things have been sorted out, if anyone have a question, just check my profile. Thanks.

Edited by BMW1992

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Why isn't there a "children" mod for GTA. At least for the 3D generation, it seems like all you would have to do is scale down a pedestrian model and re-texture it. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard, would it?

Otter

Why isn't there a "children" mod for GTA. At least for the 3D generation, it seems like all you would have to do is scale down a pedestrian model and re-texture it. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard, would it?

There's a cultural stigma against this sort of thing.

DeafMetal

Asked this on the technology thread but no answer yet:

What's the desktop equivalent of the Adreno 330 GPU (mobile device GPU)?

Preferably AMD.

Finn 7 five 11

There's a cultural stigma against this sort of thing.

Which doesn't make any sense at all.

Otter

Well, it makes a little sense; we're gradually becoming more accepting of expressions of that which people find distasteful but it's not going to go away overnight.

universetwisters

How much trouble can one get in for stalking? As in staring uncontrollably at whenever that person is nearby? And knowing that the aforementioned person wants to claw your eyes out yet hasn't done so already? The chill side of me says nothing, but the paranoid side of me says a weekend getaway with some waterboarding dude.

Just gonna try to get it all out of my system before I graduate. Hopefully I that's a decent way of rehabilitation, getting it all out of your system.

Panz

Dude, that's pretty creepy.

If you do it a lot, he/she might think your face just looks like that, so you could be okay...but, I wouldn't take any chances. Try not to stare, and try to get your head distracted by something or someone else.

Finn and Otter: True, we are slowly loosening up our morals. When was the last time we've been able to kill pet dogs in a video game? I don't know if we'll ever allow children, but I was thoroughly surprised when I found out that we could freely kill pups in GTA V.