Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,577 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Have A Question? V2

sivispacem

Isn't Scandinavia a basely pure racial area of Germanic decent?

No.

How much 'diversity' of races exist there?

Well, in Sweden, 19.6% of all residents have non-Swedish nationality or direct descent.

What kind of industry exists there?

Take your pick. Everything from oil production to aircraft manufacture, agriculture to investment banking.

When considered against the whole of the rest of the world it seems to be an ... isolated culture...

Which just goes to show how little you know about global culture, in my opinion. I don't think Scandinavia is any more culturally isolated that most other countries.

GunWrath

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible?

Where does the toetag go on a dead person if they don't have toes?

lil weasel

It is my understanding that Scandinavia has a population of immigrants from many European countries and other white locals, but of the Africans

Of the world population:

Norway 1.4%

Sweden 0.8%

Denmark (insignificant)

So to say, "Well, in Sweden, 19.6% of all residents have non-Swedish nationality or direct descent." is a bit misleading.

Edit: Saw a news report that got me to wondering. Where is all the Money the Nigerians allegedly have stolen? You know the scams, and piracy, where Is the money?

Edited by lil weasel

Pyrrhic

Nigeria, obviously.

Kiffster

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible?

Where does the toetag go on a dead person if they don't have toes?

- None, they belong to the theatre :p

- As far as I know, atheists (and people from other religions) make a simple affirmation in court instead of taking an oath to God. It's either that or they swear on a copy of Charles Darwin's Evolution of man.. book.. whatever it's called

- Do they still use toe tags?

GunWrath

Well, sh*t. Next time I appear on trial, I'm taking the whole 'Charles Darwin' approach. Toe tags are very much still in use.

Pyrrhic

522 errors for anybody else?

Finn 7 five 11

522 errors for anybody else?

In a word, no.

I've had no issues.

sivispacem

It is my understanding that Scandinavia has a population of immigrants from many European countries and other white locals, but of the Africans

Of the world population:

Norway 1.4%

Sweden 0.8%

Denmark (insignificant)

So to say, "Well, in Sweden, 19.6% of all residents have non-Swedish nationality or direct descent." is a bit misleading.

Well no, it isn't, because I wasn't referring to blacks specifically but to ethnic minorities in general. In my view it's largely impossible to separate blacks from ethnic minorities in general when discussing them in a European context because, unlike in the US, we tend to lump all discussion of rights for minorities together rather than addressing the question of black citizens directly.

You're right in saying that in pure numbers there are quite small numbers of black citizens in Scandanavia but some of the individual foreign national groups are not insignificant in size. There are around 60,000 Somalis (foreign nationals/naturalised citizens), so 0.6% of the entire Swedish population is Somali. 2.2% of the Swedish population is either Iraqi or Iranian, too, so it's not as if it's 99.2% white, 0.8% black.

Also, I still don't quite follow why you think that small outright numbers of blacks or other ethnic minorities discount a country from being seen as more racially harmonious than the US? I don't think it really makes much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Melchior

Not here for a debate to be honest. I just wish someone would answer the question already. I'll put it in layman's, is there any place in this world other than Africa or the United States where blacks can lead a MORE peaceful, politically progressive, and financially prosperous life? (one worth living)

I don't want to get bogged down in responding to the rest of your post as it is neither the time nor place, but in answer to this; all these things are relative and largely subjective. I can name numerous places where the standard of living amongst ethnic minorities is on average much higher than in the US; places with less crime or societal violence than the US; more politically progressive places; and places with higher living wages. Take basically the whole of Scandinavia, for one, which meets all of those criteria.

Well, other issues aside, I have to agree that the US is a lot more progressive on this issue. White privilege is just weaker over there. The idea of Australia or Britain electing a non-white Prime Minister is unthinkable right now. Asians in Australia and Europe are widely viewed as foreigners and met with xenophobia, but when was the last time you heard anyone in the US even bother with the term "Asian-American"? Seems pretty accommodating to me.

However, since African-Americans were mentioned specifically I should point out that the general hostility towards black people doesn't exist outside of America. Africans here are more or less viewed as foreigners in the same vain as asian immigrants and the idea of a black person being met with suspicion by shopkeepers seems pretty alien here; they certainly aren't pigeon holed as criminals. African-Americans (that is, Americans who are also black) are generally treated the same as other Americans down here. If you're an African-American and you take a trip to Australia police won't treat you poorly and you won't be followed around clothing stores.

It's also worth noting that "Latin American" is not considered a race or even really an ethnic group outside of the US. They're basically treated the same as any non-British European down here. I guess my point is that the US has been a multicultural, multiethnic society for a long time, where as the rest of the Western world has been totally homogeneous until very recently, so all comparisons are facile. Australia didn't even allow non-Whites before the 70s, and didn't allow non-Brits until the 50s, and even then you had to have red or blonde hair in order to pass for British. Race is just a different ball game in the US, but if you want to consider the US to be ahead of Europe on this issue, by all means do so, though I'd say the issue is far too nuanced to do so confidently.

Edited by Melchior

Dealux

What's the fastest write speed for an SSD?

Ciaran

How do you adjust the Focus on a Toshiba 32" HDTV?

theadmiral

How do you adjust the Focus on a Toshiba 32" HDTV?

I have a Toshiba , not the same one, and I have a "Focus" button on the front of my set. Or is that now what you are asking? If you google the problem there are a bunch of step by step guides to tweaking this around.

Dr. John

Why does gasoline smells good while crude oil bad?

Edited by Dr. John13

sivispacem

Why does gasoline smells good while crude oil bad?

Oil is made up of a whole range of different hydrocarbons varying in weight and properties. Petrol is very light as far as hydrocarbons go and has lots of detergents and additives in it. It's the presence of Benzene and other aromatic hydrocarbons which give petroleum its sweet smell.

Ryan

What's the fastest write speed for an SSD?

Depends on the SSD, specifically the type of NAND, the controller chipset being used, and the interface.

If you're looking at buying an SSD, just do a Google search of the model you're looking at and you'll be bound to find some read and write benchmarks.

Travís.

I don't have internet at home, So I don't have xbox live or anything like that. Which also means I can't download GTA V Patches, Is there a way to download a patch off of a website, putting it on a usb and installing it manually?

WBaker

How fo I get rid of flea bites? I have been staying with my friend for a while and his girlfriends cat has fleas and the room is overrun with fleas to an almost uncontrollable level now I have a bunch of little red itchy bumps all over my arms from the damn buggers. We are work in on a way to kill off all the fleas but I just want to know how to treat the bites so they stop itching and go away

I'd try witch hazel or sea breeze for the bites. As far as the fleas, sprinkling the carpeting with borax works great along with a flea shampoo for the cat.

GroundZero

Is there a "GTA Forums" crew for GTA V Online?

Edited by Bull12345Bull

Travís.

I don't have internet at home, So I don't have xbox live or anything like that. Which also means I can't download GTA V Patches, Is there a way to download a patch off of a website, putting it on a usb and installing it manually?

anyone?

theadmiral

anyone?

I did some looking into this but it would appear that it is considered piracy to do it.

universetwisters

anyone?

I did some looking into this but it would appear that it is considered piracy to do it.

Basically this.

I've seen GTA 5 patches on &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&, but I can't link any because that'd be sharing warez and stuff, and I'm almost positive that's frowned upon around here.

Travís.

anyone?

Basically this.

I've seen GTA 5 patches on &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&, but I can't link any because that'd be sharing warez and stuff, and I'm almost positive that's frowned upon around here.

Well I guess I have no choice other then &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& then, thanks.

Pyrrhic

http://gtaforums.com/user/36087-gt-1/'>GT-1 is not a moderator anymore?
Does that mean I can go like a week without getting a warning now?

By the way how do I get a URL to appear as different text with the new forum?

It used to be:

GT-1

But that doesn't work for me anymore.

Edited by Linc.

GunWrath

Thinking of actually changing my name on here. Most people normally call me GW, so I figured I'd roll with that.. but I don't know. GunWrath is a cool name, we can all agree, yes, toot that horn but I've used it for so long and for years on other boards and such and now it just seems like a pre-teen board name. Any suggestions?

The person who chooses the sexiest, most perverted name wins a prize.

Panz

PANZ4LYFE

<3Panz<3

iStalk

But for real, go with simple names, like mine. Just a one word thing. They're easier to remember for everyone else.

This is coming from someone who used to be called .Up&Coming., though, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt...And if you want dirty, perverted names, just browse Urban Dictionary or something. Slippery Cactus, maybe? Rusty Trombone? :^:

Vercetti42

'The Litter guy' definitely. :p

theadmiral

I thought that guy that you fired from the construction site had a pretty good avatar and name, you could go with that for a while.

If that isn't your style, maybe "RalphyBoy" would work

rudy

Thinking of actually changing my name on here. Most people normally call me GW, so I figured I'd roll with that.. but I don't know. GunWrath is a cool name, we can all agree, yes, toot that horn but I've used it for so long and for years on other boards and such and now it just seems like a pre-teen board name. Any suggestions?

The person who chooses the sexiest, most perverted name wins a prize.

How about "GayBath"?