Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,264 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Have A Question? V2

The Odyssey

Nevermind.

Edited by The Odyssey

Vercetti42

Does anyone know the name of this movie? I can only remember one scene from it: A guy was holding a girl and threatening someone else that he'd kill her and he sorta dropped the girl down a trap-door and they started fighting. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by AceKingston

ten-a-penny

Why does most next gen games cost £50-55? Is it just a placeholder or the actual price?

of course, new-gen games cost more.

just in Libya. PS2 games were 3 Libyan bucks. now they're just 1. :)

unless you're talking about PS3 games :sui: even used games here are 35 at least! :wtf:

I bough an used GTA IV with 35 Libyan bucks :die:

anyway my question:

why PS3 games, which everyone knows that Xbox is far away better than PS3, are seven-times more expensive than the Xbox 360 games?

in Libya, the Xbox is expensive than the PS3. but the PS3 games are 80 at least while the Xbox 360 games are just 5?

GroundZero

Do we have to report double/triple/quadruple posts?

Andreas

Yeah, you can report a user if he/she posted multiple times in a row. It's especially then useful if the given user is doing it constantly. If you see multiple members doing it on the same page, then it should suffice if you report only one of the posts, and then point out in the report that there are more double/triple, etc. posts in a row from a certain member, for instance. Edited by Andreas.

Shyabang Shyabang

Is it true that if you die in your dreams, you also die in reality?

No. Twice I've died in dreams and woke up alive. Once I was shot in the back and realized(in dream) that I was dying. Everything was going black and i thought "this is what it is like to die"? The other was a violent accident where I was well aware of my crushed beyond belief body.

How long did you continue to dream each time after those things happened? When I was a kid, I had dreams in which I fell off the apartment building that I used to live in. I always woke up right before I could hit the ground. I was actually awake when everything was black because I was closing my eyes.

IDredMan

^ Still what happens when you dream something that scares you off or anything like that, your heart beating increases and you wake up with the same big pulse? You could die in sleep because of that, right?

Well, no.

Because if your hear starts beating bad enough for you to die, then something is deliberately preventing you from waking up.

You wake up from heartbeats way before a fatal level.

GroundZero

Yeah, you can report a user if he/she posted multiple times in a row. It's especially then useful if the given user is doing it constantly. If you see multiple members doing it on the same page, then it should suffice if you report only one of the posts, and then point out in the report that there are more double/triple, etc. posts in a row from a certain member, for instance.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Gray Wolf

I've cleared my cache, cookies, etc on FF due to some issues but for some reason websites are not saving passwords or form data

Any help would be hot :^:

lil weasel

I've cleared my cache, cookies, etc on FF due to some issues but for some reason websites are not saving passwords or form data

Any help would be hot :^:

For security many sites no longer keep your information, they code it into the Cookie on your machine. So if you clear the cookies you clear your site data too.

jln22

^ Still what happens when you dream something that scares you off or anything like that, your heart beating increases and you wake up with the same big pulse? You could die in sleep because of that, right?

Well, no.

Because if your hear starts beating bad enough for you to die, then something is deliberately preventing you from waking up.

You wake up from heartbeats way before a fatal level.

Then could you explain how those people died in sleep from heart attack?

sivispacem

Perhaps "die in their sleep" is a slight misnomer? I think it's relatively likely for someone experiencing a heard attack to wake up during it. Perhaps it should be "died in bed".

lil weasel

Perhaps "die in their sleep" is a slight misnomer? I think it's relatively likely for someone experiencing a heard attack to wake up during it. Perhaps it should be "died in bed".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318150/Ivan-Turina-AIKs-Croatian-goalkeeper-dies-sleep-heart-failure.html

sivispacem is just doing his/her usual hairsplitting. If no one was around to know different (as if it makes a difference) (s)he is still dead. I think it is just an unhealthy compulsion to go into unnecessary details.

E: http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1825044,00.html

Edited by lil weasel

Vercetti42

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318150/Ivan-Turina-AIKs-Croatian-goalkeeper-dies-sleep-heart-failure.html

sivispacem is just doing his/her

OMG Sivispacem is a girl?

Edited by AceKingston

RoadRunner71

sivispacem is just doing his/her

OMG Sivispacem is a girl?

He's more likely a cybernetic organism, there the capacity to keep those long arguments.

sivispacem

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318150/Ivan-Turina-AIKs-Croatian-goalkeeper-dies-sleep-heart-failure.htmlThe issue is that "heart attack" and "heart failure" are used interchanably, when in reality they're not the same thing. Congestive cardiac failure is medically very different to myocardial infarction. But, yes, the net result of both can be death.

@Weasel, why don't you do yourself a favour and shut up for once? I don't think your annotations on my apparent "hair splitting" combined with a failure to provide anything of note to discuss are exactly conducive to a good environment, and the persistent badgering is demeaning and pathetic by even your standards. Seriously; grow up.

John Smith

sivispacem, you seem like a very, very intellectual and educated man, and I have great respect for you and how you negotiate discussions with your admirable devotion. That said, I can't help but acknowledge the irony of you accusing somebody of persistent badgering, especially when the recipient of your accusation is himself often the target of such pestering. Just a harmless observation my friend.

And now for the mandatory question: I asked this a few weeks ago but didn't get an answer unfortunately, which I found rather surprising as there seems to be quite a few techy in-the-know guys around here. I'm looking for a really good set of headphones with the sound quality and bass levels that are on par with Beats by Dre, but at a fraction of the price. Does any such thing exist? Cheers.

sivispacem

By "fraction of the price" what do you mean? £100? £50? For the former, I'd recommend some Sennheiser HD380 pros or Grado SR60-I's. For the latter, you could do much worse than AKG 452s or Sony MDR-55s which are a bit less balanced and more bass heavy.

For the record, I leave weasel well enough alone unless he says something patently false or totally incomprehensible, and even then only ever in GC or DD and only if I have any intention of remaining or continuing to be active in the thread. I don't resort to following him around the forum accusing him of nit-picking every time he tries to explain something.

WildBrick142

How can I remove Gingerbread from my phone? I've done that last year for a stupid hope that GTA III will work.

Now the iFruit app is out and I need update 3.0 but the "Software Updating" is not working.

The Pizza Delivery Guy

AAAH stupid computer. I'm having lots of problems lately involving running games.

I'll try to open a game running off DirectX. It begins to load, then goes black to enter fullscreen. That's normal. Right after that it kicks me out of fullscreen back to the desktop, and the game's icon will be sitting on the taskbar, running.

When I try to click my way back in, the screen goes black, and then immediately kicks me out again, with the game's sounds popping at random spurts. I have to close out of the window through task manager from there. Nearly every game I tried to open did the same thing until I started filming it, of course.

http://youtu.be/Znt1UCb7xao

This has been happening since the end of August. Someone said somewhere it meant I needed a new graphics card. If so, then the one I bought is damn worthless. It's barely lasted me 6 months with very little actual game playing.

My question really comes down to... what can I do about this?

sivispacem

Try the tech chat thread, but sounds like a driver issue to me. Roll back and install the latest GPU drivers.

GroundZero

Why hasn't gtav.net been updated since 30th September 2013?

John Smith

@sivispacem

I'm looking to spend no more than 60, but might be pushed to 70 for the right product. It's not anything I plan on using frequently, just something for occasionally relaxing to. But my main requirement is the bass. Not that thuddy, tinny bass, but deep, surrounding bass, like what the Beats by Dre produce.

I ran your recommendations by my brother - who is a music production enthusiast - and while he claimed the Sennheiser HD380 headsets are complete sh*te (his words), he did say the AKG 452s are really good, so I'll definitely check out some reviews. He also mentioned a brand titled 'Monster'; have you heard of them?

Edited by niko bellic half brother

na89340qv0n34b09q340

^ Monster is a cable (AV wires, not television service) company that sells over-priced cables with the excuse that they're high-speed, or gold-plated. They were also the ones who produced Beats headphones in the first place (since last year beats has been manufacturing them themselves). Your brother might have been referring to Beats as Monster headphones.

The headphones they do sell don't look all that impressive either.

Edited by Joe Chip

Apex Predator

Am I the only one surprised (and annoyed) by the fact that It's almost 2014 and there's still no way to reply to YouTube comments when on a mobile device? Or is there a way?

sivispacem

@sivispacem

I'm looking to spend no more than 60, but might be pushed to 70 for the right product. It's not anything I plan on using frequently, just something for occasionally relaxing to. But my main requirement is the bass. Not that thuddy, tinny bass, but deep, surrounding bass, like what the Beats by Dre produce.

I ran your recommendations by my brother - who is a music production enthusiast - and while he claimed the Sennheiser HD380 headsets are complete sh*te (his words), he did say the AKG 452s are really good, so I'll definitely check out some reviews. He also mentioned a brand titled 'Monster'; have you heard of them?

Any half-decent headphone from a premium manufacturer is (or should be) capable of producing bass as good or better than Dres. Dres tend to be very overdriven, which makes the bass flabby rather than crisp, the same way that cheap subwoofers do. I recommended the HD380s purely because they're quite bass-heavy; they're not very well balanced for general listening but suit certain musical styles, like D&B, hardcore, dubstep ect ect quite well because of it.

The AKGs are very balanced and neutral sounding. Bass isn't so much "pounding" as "realistic", which means if you're listening to music that is well produced (I.E a fair bit of electronic music to be honest) they give the impression of being very bassy. Basically they respond well to good production, but a word of warning- they sound utterly sh*t with low-fi recordings or low-quality MP3 tracks. They've got no overdriving or distortion of the sound to disguise poor compression or poor recording.

The Grados are phenomenal but you can't really use them in public because they're open-backed and extremely leaky. Sitting next to someone wearing Grados is like sitting next to someone playing music on a mid 2000s Nokia, they leak so badly. Absolutely amazing headphones, but solely for home audio consumption unless you want people punching you on trains.

I've only heard of Monster in the context of selling overpriced cables to gullible fools. Never knew they made headphones too.

Edited by sivispacem

friendly luggage

Am I the only one surprised (and annoyed) by the fact that It's almost 2014 and there's still no way to reply to YouTube comments when on a mobile device? Or is there a way?

Still no option to while using the Android app. A lot of things Google do to YouTube often annoys me. Most recent adding an extra step to change the quality. Just why?

@sivispacem

I've been using the Shure SRH 440's recently and have really started to like them. They can be had for under £70 and sound better than anything I've previously owned. I'm not an expert with audio though so I can't go into depth about them, but I'd recommend taking a look.

Edited by illegal_luggage

John Smith

@sivispacem

Excellent description and advice. :^:

It's mostly ambient, or progressive, or deep house music and electronica that I listen to, and I only purchase the straight-from-the-proprietor tracks to ensure maximum quality, so the AKGs sound more suited to my taste

@illegal_luggage

I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for the feedback my friend.

sivispacem

@sivispacem

Excellent description and advice. :^:

It's mostly ambient, or progressive, or deep house music and electronica that I listen to, and I only purchase the straight-from-the-proprietor tracks to ensure maximum quality, so the AKGs sound more suited to my taste

@illegal_luggage

I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for the feedback my friend.

One other thing of note, you'll have to bed/break them in properly before you listen to them. My usual technique is link them up to the PC at a volume just beyond what I'd consider too loud to listen to, and play music through them for a solid 24 or so hours. It's a contentious issue, but most people seem to agree that they don't really sound "right" until you've put at least a 24 hours worth of music through them. Some people claim as long as 100 hours but to be honest I can't tell the difference. I can tell the difference between straight-out-of-the-box and 24 hours worth of breaking in, though- tends to be much crisper and sharper, more neutral ect.