2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Have A Question? V2

NCONiall

What does, "Sort these into four pairs of equal value," mean in relation to surds? Does it want me to break it down? As in;

√30 to √5√6 to √5√3√2? Or does it want me to show 4 different ways of breaking it down? As in √30 to √5√6, √2√15, √5√3√2, and √3√10.

Edited by NCONiall

Spider-Vice

I got a little question.

So I'm using Chrome-based browser, and the fonts on some websites, including GTAF and GTAWikia, are messed up.

Example - here's what I see when I go to GTAF using the mentioned browser:

http://i.imgur.com/Lbv83xG.jpg

and here's what I see when I go to GTAF using IE (don't mind missing pictures, I turned them off):

http://i.imgur.com/0evUAuP.png

The question is - how to change the font in Chrome, so it could look like on the 2nd pic?

If you're not using the vanilla Chrome it could be a rendering issue with the browser, much like different browsers in Linux can show different fonts in the same website. That's because of font support too but the renderer plays its part.

Do we still have Verbal Commendations/Commendations/Medals/Helpfulness Awards?

They're in the warn log, but everything has been converted into "verbal warnings", which they really aren't. It's probably just a matter of reimplementing the stuff.

PlainGold

What happened to this? It was cool viewing someone's birthday.

Capture.jpg

Edited by Hameer

Miro

It was removed long ago because it wasn't needed. It often showed many birthdays of members that nobody knew, or some people starting creating troll topics wishing happy birthday to random members who never posted. It was removed because it became useless. You can still check a member's profile and see his birthday and wish him happy birthday through a Personal Message if you wish. :^:

Shah Sam

What happened to this? It was cool viewing someone's birthday.

Capture.jpg

The admins will probably bring a lot of the old features back after GTA V's release. They're going to have to fix a lot of stuff. But I'm not sure if they will bring back that feature.

EDIT: Oh, I thought it got removed when the forum got updated.

Edited by thebodies

Andreaz1

I wonder when it was removed. I think if they added it back though, with over half a million members in total, there would be hundreds of people having birthdays every singe day of the year. And to be honest, just the list of people currently online takes up enough space as it is. :p Plus the spam concerns that miromiro posted about.

Miro

I still don't know myself exactly when it was removed, but I did some searching. I looked up on the Internet Wayback Machine and found two catches, one of Sunday March 24th, 2007 (where the birthdays appearing at the bottom of the forum are lastly seen) and one from Saturday April 6th, 2007 where they don't appear anymore. It's safe to assume that they were removed within that timespan.

You can also see in the first link how it looked like to have many birthdays listed down there, and also a nostalgic look to the old GTAForums. :^:

gtamann123

Are there any forums or sites out there where posting of leaked info is allowed? Or will I have to hop on 4Chan or something?

Tacymist

All I know is that stuff isn't allowed to be discussed here. You have access to google and other search engines, so whatever you're looking for you can probably find it using those.

Crokey

Are there any forums or sites out there where posting of leaked info is allowed? Or will I have to hop on 4Chan or something?

If you donate £34.99 to amazon.co.uk or $59.99 to amazon.com, I'll tell you on the 17th September :)

Tacymist

^ Sweet deal. Definitely go with that.

I can haz cut in donations plz

gtamann123

All I know is that stuff isn't allowed to be discussed here. You have access to google and other search engines, so whatever you're looking for you can probably find it using those.

Google searches for "GTA v leaks info" and stuff like that yield almost nothing so in assuming that rockstar has tight clamps on leaks all over the net like they do here. I wa a just wondering if there are any known sights that are allowing it and aren't listening to rockstars requests to take it down. I was thinking about trying 4chan but I try to stay away from there unless its entirely necessary.

I checked 4chan and there was really nothing on there discussing V leaks.

Edited by gtamann123

Tacymist

You'll have to do that then. I don't think it would go over very well linking to that stuff on these forums.

gtamann123

You'll have to do that then. I don't think it would go over very well linking to that stuff on these forums.

I'm not asking for a link just for someone to point me in the right direction. I know there at people on this site who know where to get the leaked stuff. I just can't find it no matter how hard I look.

Kirsty

Well, to be honest, all GTA fansites are not allowing discussion of leaks at Rockstar's request. Plus there was no 'info' released, only audio and video, and things like that are also being removed. But you can find it somewhere, just don't use here as a place to ask. Use PM if you must.

Spider-Vice

Holy crap, that picture must be from the olden, olden, olden days. Birthdays are a bit useless in a big forum like this and they do waste database queries to show it on the index, so they're even more useless.

Shah Sam

Could anyone tell me a little bit about Last Of Us' story? :blush:

Edited by thebodies

Majestic81

In the old layout, when viewing any topic there used to be a white box that you can type usernames in it at the bottom of the page and see what posts the user had made in the topic, is this feature removed now? im checking out a thread and i know that i posted in it a while ago, just dont have time to view all 300 pages to see my posts..

Mr Rabbit

In the old layout, when viewing any topic there used to be a white box that you can type usernames in it at the bottom of the page and see what posts the user had made in the topic, is this feature removed now? im checking out a thread and i know that i posted in it a while ago, just dont have time to view all 300 pages to see my posts..

No just search at the top but limit it to this topic only (does so by default)

if for some reason it does not for you then click the blue box at the end of the search bar and then there will be a small list, jsut check the one saying "this topic" and the search will be limited to your current topic

I found this out 6 minutes ago

@bodies lzw3 is fine, well physically, I talked to him just the other day, he won't be coming back for a while.

Edited by NateShaw92

kj2022

Has anybody preordered from Amazon before? how much can I trust their release date guarantee?

GunWrath

Has anybody preordered from Amazon before? how much can I trust their release date guarantee?

About as far as you can throw

lil weasel

Are you buying from Amazon.com or another vendor through Amazon.com?

Does any 'pre-order' help You out. You're giving your money to someone who will collect the interest on it as you wait.

Pre-Orders help the Publisher know how many units to produce. Which minimizes over-stock problems. That is supposed to in turn ensure delivery to all customers. But, having been in the retail business means that the Vendor may reduce the actual purchase by a percentage to account for no-shows. Somewhat like overbooking seats on an airline.

My advice is to wait for the normal production, wait for the other buyers to report on how 'buggy' the first edition is. (Unless you're a collector who has no intention to actually play the game.)

Edited by lil weasel

Kiffster

I've asked this somewhere else, but didn't get a reply, so I'll ask here.

To those using the mobile version of this site, how can I edit one of my posts and how do I quote someone? I'm not seeing any edit or quote buttons...

(Just 2 of the reasons why I'm using the full site, but sometimes when I'm in a hurry I use the mobile version because it's so much faster for me)

Edit: wait, found them on my Opera Mini browser!!! I had to click on my post to edit or click on someone else's to quote. But still, it's not working on my default browser. Anyway, Solved by myself haha

Edited by Werebot85

GroundZero

So, what's going on with the table tags? Are they going to be fixed soon?

kj2022

Are you buying from Amazon.com or another vendor through Amazon.com?

Does any 'pre-order' help You out. You're giving your money to someone who will collect the interest on it as you wait.

Pre-Orders help the Publisher know how many units to produce. Which minimizes over-stock problems. That is supposed to in turn ensure delivery to all customers. But, having been in the retail business means that the Vendor may reduce the actual purchase by a percentage to account for no-shows. Somewhat like overbooking seats on an airline.

My advice is to wait for the normal production, wait for the other buyers to report on how 'buggy' the first edition is. (Unless you're a collector who has no intention to actually play the game.)

I only asked because I can get GTA V and the bradyguide for £45 including "guaranteed release date" delivery.

Finn 7 five 11

Okay two things.

1. Games have patches now, if the first edition is buggy, it will be patched, all editions are the same after patching.

2. Even before patches, it was incredibly rare that the developer fixed bugs for normal production, if you preordered, or bought the game 4 years later, it would still be identical.

Zizo008

In my country, there's pretty much no laws regarding software piracy and such, a lot of electronic stores sell pirated copies cheaply and there's no issues. finding actual legal stores or game copies is very very rare. You don't find much programmers, and i don't think they would actually make much profit if their stuff get pirated easily. I'm wondering, what is necessary for the videogame/software industry to start and be active?

John Smith

Why are games so friggin' expensive on PSN?

They're charging £10 extra over the standard price for V, not to mention old games still being charged at between £30-£40.

Kwabs

Where did the announcements forum go to?