Everyone stop and focus on me

Oddsock

Hello everyone!

I normally wouldn't make a birthday topic except today, August 2, 2011, is my 21st birthday. Being an American, that means that I can now legally buy and consume alcohol.

To me it's like the final achievement of youth. We learn to crawl, talk, walk, not sh*t ourselves, go to school, drive a car, become an adult officially (at 18 here), and then finally there's 21, the ability to drink legally and becoming a full-fledged adult in the eyes of the law. I worry that from here on out it's downhill but that's up to me really isn't it?!

Anyway I'll be out drinking with friends tonight so among the stuff they want me to try if you would like to recommend anything that's not too specific (that way we can be sure the bar has it) I'll be sure to try it out and maybe take a picture to prove it.

Thanks guys!

Four horsemen shots all night! You'll be f*ckin fat chicks in no time!

Happy birthday too!

4XEtraA.jpg

Harwood Butch3r

Happy Birthday dude. Over here it's 18 for us. My 21st consisted of mainly big amounts of fail. I didn't do anything except go to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. sad.gif

Enjoy it. icon14.gif

Pretty sure this could've gone in the alcohol topic. But anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about trying good alcohol on your legal-age birthday because chances are you won't remember it anyway. I know in my group of mates at least, turning 18 (UK) was a big deal and you were getting blind drunk whether you liked it or not. Our tradition was that everyone present bought the birthday celebrator a different shot (or two, depending on how many of us were there), enough to fill a pint glass which the lucky kid had to down.

So yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about being a connoisseur on your birthday.

Happy birthday too.

user posted image

Happy Birthday lad! Over here the drinkin age is 18 so I still ot a year. Not really a drinker myself (the only one out of all my friends who doesnt drink is me haha) but I hope you have a good time tonight.

I really hate these birthday/milestone posts but this is worth replying to since the big 21 is important to you haha.

Enjoy it!

Happy birthday, man...

Just a forewarning. Every birthday after this will be meaningless, so have fun.

What you need to try a shot of...

-Try a nice single-malt scotch, aged for a minimum of 12 years. "The Glenlevit" is a good one and people also speak highly of "The Macallan"

-Any bourbon aged more than 8 years. Stay away from Jim Beam except for Knob Creek Not that he's that bad, but the point is to try some real good stuff. Makers Mark and even Wild Turkey are good and pretty popular so they should be stocked, but see if they have some Woodword Reserve or Bookers first... There are so many choices of bourbons available

-Johnny Walker (try to get blue or black, but red is fine) for a taste of blended scotch

-Jameson (see if they have any 18 year old, if not get the standard) for some nice Irish whiskey

-Get a shot of Gentlemen Jack for some Tennessee straight whiskey. Most bars carry this, just try some JD No. 7 if not since it's not too much different

-Grey Goose or Ketel One for vodka

-Ask for some agave tequila. If it ain't clear refuse it. Titos and Patron are a good brand, but I even like Pancho Villa and that stuff is bottom shelf

-Canadian Club or Crown Royal for some nice Canadian Whiskey, Seagrams VO is also pretty good but is a well liquor

The point here is to get a taste of "the good stuff".

Some drinks you might wanna try. You'll generally get these with "well liquor", which is basically bottom-shelf sh*t they have a lot of on hand. You might want to pay extra to have the premium stuff in here, but I wouldn't bother

Manhattan

Margaritia

Martini

Mojito

These are all pretty popular and insanely easy to mix so it's hard to get a bad one. If you're feeling adventurous, try a "Duck Fart"--irish cream, coffee liquer and canadian whiskey. Some say to use bailey's, kalluah and crown royal, but I like bailey's, kalluah and Seagrams VO more.

Also, though your goal here may be to get sh*tfaced, don't overlook the wines and liqueurs as they will probably be the tastiest. Start out with white wines first, they're usually sweet/sour and appeal to most people's palette. Your reds will be a bit more of an "acquired" taste.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

-Try a nice single-malt scotch, aged for a minimum of 12 years. "The Glenlevit" is a good one and people also speak highly of "The Macallan"

-Any bourbon aged more than 8 years. Stay away from Jim Beam except for Knob Creek Not that he's that bad, but the point is to try some real good stuff. Makers Mark and even Wild Turkey are good and pretty popular so they should be stocked, but see if they have some Woodword Reserve or Bookers first... There are so many choices of bourbons available

I agree with going for Booker's first if the bar has it, but please don't shoot these whiskeys you listed. Sip neat or with a splash of water. And try these straight before you ever start mixing with things, though whiskey gingers are one of my favorite mixed drinks ever. If Booker's isn't available (I f*cking love Booker's), I'd suggest Bulliet. Similar in taste and quality to Maker's, but it's generally less expensive.

4XEtraA.jpg

What's with everybody sharing their personal life on a gaming forum? Don't you have friends to talk to?

-Try a nice single-malt scotch, aged for a minimum of 12 years.  "The Glenlevit" is a good one and people also speak highly of "The Macallan"

-Any bourbon aged more than 8 years.  Stay away from Jim Beam except for Knob Creek  Not that he's that bad, but the point is to try some real good stuff.  Makers Mark and even Wild Turkey are good and pretty popular so they should be stocked, but see if they have some Woodword Reserve or Bookers first... There are so many choices of bourbons available

I agree with going for Booker's first if the bar has it, but please don't shoot these whiskeys you listed. Sip neat or with a splash of water. And try these straight before you ever start mixing with things, though whiskey gingers are one of my favorite mixed drinks ever. If Booker's isn't available (I f*cking love Booker's), I'd suggest Bulliet. Similar in taste and quality to Maker's, but it's generally less expensive.

Oh, whoops, was trying to remember to mention that.

Personally I don't really like Maker's Mark unless it's on the rocks though.

Toup,

Nah, my compiler crashes when I try to "make friends"

Edited by SagaciousKJB

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

Thanks guys!

Robinski, I understand what you're saying but the main topic here is my birthday and not alcohol. HOWEVER now that you've mentioned it, I'll go ahead and post anything about the stuff I consume tonight in that topic!

tms_junk, I LOVE Scrubs, and that scene is awesome.

Toup, if you mean me then, well, I have friends but what's wrong with mentioning it's my 21st here? It's the off-topic section at least!

Oh and thanks Waste, it's a very happy emerging from vagina day.

Four horsemen shots all night! You'll be f*ckin fat chicks in no time!

Happy birthday too!

Oh man, I did those in San Diego. Awesome.

....fat chicks, I mean.

Happy Birthday Oddsock! You're still a child. Don't be too concerned with growing up too fast. wink.gif Take your time.

Haha, thanks Otter. I still feel like I'm 16 years old and just as clueless about some things. If I'm lucky I'll feel 16 when I'm 42.

Haha, thanks Otter. I still feel like I'm 16 years old and just as clueless about some things. If I'm lucky I'll feel 16 when I'm 42.

I totally hear ya on that. I'm in my mid 40s and I'm still waiting for the day when I feel like an adult.

Happy birthday - and good...now when I get my ass down there for a [motorcycle] ride you can partake in the traditional beer with burger requirement biggrin.gif .

Hehe there's something to look forward to. Congrats on the 21!

23088_s.gif

TheBlackProject

Not only can you now buy drinks for your girlfriends, but you can finally rent a car, buy a car without a co-signer, buy a house without a co-signer, rent a hotel/motel room, gamble, and buy margaritas for your honeys. wink.gif

Congratulations on your 21st birthday!

AlexGTAGamer

Happy Birthday, have a great time getting rat arsed, er, I mean having a great time. biggrin.gif

Happy birthday, don't get alcohol poisoning.

Unless you really want to. icon14.gif

38773_s.gif

Happy Birthday!

Hope you will have nice relationship with the alcohol, since where I live its common to see dudes with 15 years old or less that drink casually, including me.

Starting to drink with a certain age like 21 is better than starting it earlier, because I still think I am not enough mature to drink, even though I do it.

Happy Birthday icon14.gif

Happy birthday!

If ever there was an excuse to get sh*t faced, it's now. Have a great time.

U R B A N I T A S

tuff_luv_capo

Electric Lemonade

Congrats, luckily where I live legal age for entering bars and buying alcoholic drinks was 16 for me, now it's 17. Still a win:D

user posted image

user posted image