currently i'm playing the game at

1080p

textures:med

water:low

reflections:med

shadow:high

texture filter: 4x

view,detail,vehicle density at 20

average fps is 40 according to the benchmark but it goes down to 19-20 sometimes and whatever i do, same thing happens. i tried at 1280x720 , everything low , densities at 1 but still i see 19 fps sometimes.

long story short turning down graphic options doesnt work , overclocked gpu doesnt affected it. anyone else have other suggestions.

i also have 2 other problems.

1- i can't get water higher then LOW because the motion blur effect is gone when i do. at the unpatched version my gfx card was able make it work at very high.

2- there's this weird kind of pop-in sometimes the road dissapears and sometimes the door of an interior is unvisible.

any help is appericiated , and yes i look around the forum

OverTheBelow

It's probably the CPU. The same happened with my old E8400 and it happens on my laptop processor too. But to be sure, check your GPU usage while playing with a program like MSIAfterburner. If it's not at 100% GPU usage when it lags then it'll be your CPU. At 1080p that weak 8800gt isn't doing you any favours though.

Only thing you can do is live with it, overclock or upgrade. Turning down the draw distance & vehicle sliders more and putting the textures to low would help a little, but it won't look great visually.

DU8afL0.jpg

It's probably the CPU. The same happened with my old E8400 and it happens on my laptop processor too. But to be sure, check your GPU usage while playing with a program like MSIAfterburner. If it's not at 100% GPU usage when it lags then it'll be your CPU. At 1080p that weak 8800gt isn't doing you any favours though.

Only thing you can do is live with it, overclock or upgrade. Turning down the draw distance & vehicle sliders more and putting the textures to low would help a little, but it won't look great visually.

according to the benchmark of the game gpu usage is 88% and cpu usage is 97%. i dont know how i can force that 10% free gpu power to be used

OverTheBelow

It's because your CPU usage is at 97%, so it can only handle the amount of FPS you're getting. The GPU can't render more frames per second if the CPU can't process them fast enough, so it's a CPU bottleneck.

For example, every AI and vehicle you see in the game needs CPU power to be able to move and interact etc. The CPU may have enough power to calculate these variables 30 times a second, but not 35 times a second. This means the graphics card is limited to what the CPU is capable of (30fps) and is thus not utilised fully.

DU8afL0.jpg

i see. the thing i cant understand the cpu is: its labeled as 3.0 ghz but it works at 2.4 . maybe the gpu would be more efficient if it was working at 3 ghz?

OverTheBelow

That's probably just Intel Speedstep - it lowers the clock speed multiplier at idle to save power. When gaming it'll be at the full 3ghz.

DU8afL0.jpg

That's probably just Intel Speedstep - it lowers the clock speed multiplier at idle to save power. When gaming it'll be at the full 3ghz.

okay thanks for the help

do you have any idea about the other 2 problems?

1- i can't get water higher then LOW because the motion blur effect is gone when i do. at the unpatched version my gfx card was able to make it work at very high.

2- there's this weird kind of pop-in sometimes the road dissapears and sometimes the door of an interior is unvisible.

OverTheBelow

1. "Definition" in the graphics options determines whether motion blur is enabled or not. Setting it to "off" will enable depth of field and motion blur. Water quality usually has no effect on the way this works unless you modded your game in some weird way.

2. Everyone gets this and it's to do with the way textures are streamed in. Not sure if there is anything you can do about it (aside from putting textures on low) though, it's supposedly worse on CPU-limited systems.

DU8afL0.jpg

1. "Definition" in the graphics options determines whether motion blur is enabled or not. Setting it to "off" will enable depth of field and motion blur. Water quality usually has no effect on the way this works unless you modded your game in some weird way.

2. Everyone gets this and it's to do with the way textures are streamed in. Not sure if there is anything you can do about it (aside from putting textures on low) though, it's supposedly worse on CPU-limited systems.

about 1: what i meant is at 'low' the water is normal , at med, high , very high the water becomes weird , but before i patched it at 1.00 version, my graphics card was able to show the water normally at very high

OverTheBelow

I don't know what you mean. Do you have any screenshots of the problem?

DU8afL0.jpg

got one.

water is like this at: medium , high , very high. it looks fine at low. Note that there wasnt a problem with the retail version of the game. 1.00

user posted image

OverTheBelow

Thats how it's supposed to look.. you can control the clearness of reflections on the water in the graphics options.

Water quality just means how smooth the water is. Less smooth=ugly reflections from it.

DU8afL0.jpg

but this is how it looks at very high. does it look the same at you at very high?

VERY HIGH:

user posted image

LOW:

user posted image

Edited by james_root

That patch is just retarted. It slowed down my 3 core f*cking processor. What a piece of junk. All this because some people was complaining about brilliant patch 1.4 -.-