Major bug in CLEO VC?

xNCx

Recently I was scripting my mod for VC, which uses scm coding and cleo. I don't know how, but I found a major bug in it, which doesn't allow to load games!

Go this way:

1. start a new game (or load it, but I always started a new). You must have at least one cleo script.

2. save game...

3. load the game

4. save the game again (even immediately)

5. load it

6. surprise, game crashed and even if you restart VC and load the save game, it will still crash.

I thought that my coding was the fault of it. But I tested it with spaceeinsteins console and the default main.scm a minute ago and still the same.

If you remove the cleo script, you can however save the game and load it over and over and over...

I think VC's CLEO has some problems with handling the main cleo loop. If I use even a silly script like this:

{$VERSION 2.2.0000}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000::Jumpwait 200jump to @Jump

It will crash. But if I will use:

{$VERSION 2.2.0000}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000:(e.g. write memory)05DC: end_custom_thread <------------------

The game won't crash.

Please someone check it and confirm it, maybe it is not a CLEO fault, but some other data files... But as I said, disable cleo and everything works.

Oh and here is the address that crash: 0x006692E0

I don't confirm.

This is invalid:

jump to @Jump

This works:

{$VERSION 2.2.0000}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000::Jumpwait 200jump @Jump

This works:

{$VERSION 2.2.0000}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000::Jumpwait 20001E3: text_1number_styled 'A_TIME' 16@ 250 ms 4jump @Jump

This works:

{$CLEO}:test_103A4: name_thread 'TEST':test_2wait 0//01E3: text_1number_styled 'A_TIME' 16@ 250 ms 4jump @test_2

This works:

{$CLEO}:test_103A4: name_thread 'TEST':test_2wait 001E3: text_1number_styled 'A_TIME' 16@ 250 ms 4jump @test_2

Danke fuer die schnelle Antwort smile.gif.

However, I have a stupid question ZAZ. I see that you are a SA modder, so did you noticed that I'm asking about VC's cleo? I have now installed a clean copy of VC and added there only cleo.asi + spaceeinsteins console. Still crashing when doing like I said. I have tried your code:

{$VERSION 2.2.0000}{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000::Jumpwait 20001E3: text_1number_styled 'A_TIME' 16@ 250 ms 4jump @Jump

And when it says "loading please wait" the game freezes so it is again a crash.

Also I have tested the scripts on the first and latest release of cleo for VC.

• 1 month later...

it seems that it corrupted my save game as well. Though it doesn't crash, it just freezes. If i disable cleo and make a savegame, it works OK.

• 4 weeks later...

I too was complaining about VC cleo, but people said I was whiny, probably because they had no problems with cleo in SA!

I've gotten the start new game crash with VC cleo too, i doubt it'll ever be fixed as vc's cleo probably won't be updated again.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have problem with

0390: load_txd_dictionary 'texture'

in GTA Vice City?

I can't load even a texture folder because it freezes the game.

It behave just like there is no txd file, but it is, I put it to models folder.

Can someone tell me, what to do? I'm using Sanny Builder and Cleo 1.1.1.6.

Should I update something? Opcodes? cs is compiling without errors, but it freeses the game.

I put it to models folder.

Use txd model instead.

txd folder? I just put it everywhere in VC, still this bug. Anyway, thanks for trying help with that, it's weird.

Should I update something? Opcodes? cs is compiling without errors, but it freeses the game.

I'm 99% sure VICESCM.INI file doesn't have this opcodes. You can try to use mine: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3y6kkn

And here's an example: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=535076

Custom txd should be in models folder.

P.S. By the way, the bug, described in the first post, was fixed in Maxo's Vehicle Loader.

Edited by ThirteenAG