Memory Restriction Problem (58mb)

rean2

Ok, so I installed GTAIV, patched to 1.0.4, running fine. The graphics settings fit my graphics card. (I have a GTX 560M). My Memory limit was at 1400 something Mb.

I installed icenhancer, start the game again, i click start, it gets stuck on the loading artwork.

I restart the computer, it turns out that the game now fails to realize I have an Nvidia card, and uses what I assume the Intel HD card with only 58Mb.

This made the game unplayable, and no matter what I did, I can't get it to recognize the Nvidia card.

I went on the internet for some info and found out that I might have to update my Nvidia Display Driver. I went on the site, selected my card and downloaded the driver. I clicked the installer, Turns out that its incompatible with my laptop. I even forced it to install by looking up a fix but that made things worse.

So i uninstalled that, reinstalled the laptop's original driver and still not working.

Anyone know what else I can try before I reinstall GTAIV?

Kweckzilber

[...]

I clicked the installer, Turns out that its incompatible with my laptop.

[...]

So, you are doing all this on a laptop? Then the laptop's original drivers disc should have a driver of the nVidia card in question. Did you try removing all drivers (including the chipset) and try reinstalling them? It helps if you mention your operating system.

[...]

I clicked the installer, Turns out that its incompatible with my laptop.

[...]

So, you are doing all this on a laptop? Then the laptop's original drivers disc should have a driver of the nVidia card in question. Did you try removing all drivers (including the chipset) and try reinstalling them? It helps if you mention your operating system.

i re-installed the original drivers, still doesn't work. And After looking online, the factory drivers are the latest.

I'm using windows 7.

Could something from the mods i downloaded be causing this? The problem started after I installed icenhancer, scripthook and asiloader.

Kweckzilber

Can you try removing the mods you mentioned. One by one, and try if it works? The best order would be iCEnhancer>Scripthook>ASI Loader, IMO.

Edited by Kweckzilber

OverTheBelow

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista...hql-driver.html

These drivers are the latest notebook applicable ones, and work fine with my GT 550m with Optimus. Once you have that installed it should work fine. If not, let me know.

Removing or renaming d3d9.dll from the game folder will pretty much stop icenhancer working, so try that before reinstalling.

DU8afL0.jpg

I just removed d3d9.dll (from icenhancer) and it worked again!

going to keep it that way until i figure out why this is happening.