Patch installation failed!?

Funkjunky

My computer specs (if needed I'm not sure);

Intel core i7 2.0-2.9

ATI Radeon HD 6770m (2 gigs)

8 gigs of ram

7,200 rpm hard drive

So the game installed fine and I can play it perfectly, except I want to install patches. I went to the Rockstar support and downloaded the latest patch. It asked if I wanted to save or open it. I clicked saved, then I went to the patch location and clicked on TitleUpdate (which is a windows installer package) and clicked run. After 2 seconds it failed to install, the message said "Setup failed. Run setup to install update". How do I fix this? This is my first PC game and first time I've tried to install patches, ect. so please go slow. Is there a way to update ingame? Like on a Playstation where it says, "Found latest patch" and just installs it automatically?? Also Sorry if this was posted before, the one topic that was similar to this people where talking about stuff I didn't understand at all.

Also, sorry I posted this in the gta 5 section. I just joined gtaforum so my bad. If a mod or something could put this topic in the right place go ahead.

IDK, you have GTA V, you must be lucky

me? sarcasm? no way tounge2.gif

Edited by matajuegos

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

Also, sorry I posted this in the gta 5 section. I just joined gtaforum so my bad. If a mod or something could put this topic in the right place go ahead.

That's quite all right, a mod/admin will redirect you. Ignore all the sarcasm from other member's icon14.gif

Original Light
My computer specs (if needed I'm not sure);

Intel core i7 2.0-2.9

ATI Radeon HD 6770m (2 gigs)

8 gigs of ram

7,200 rpm hard drive

So the game installed fine and I can play it perfectly, except I want to install patches. I went to the Rockstar support and downloaded the latest patch. It asked if I wanted to save or open it. I clicked saved, then I went to the patch location and clicked on TitleUpdate (which is a windows installer package) and clicked run. After 2 seconds it failed to install, the message said "Setup failed. Run setup to install update". How do I fix this? This is my first PC game and first time I've tried to install patches, ect. so please go slow. Is there a way to update ingame? Like on a Playstation where it says, "Found latest patch" and just installs it automatically?? Also Sorry if this was posted before, the one topic that was similar to this people where talking about stuff I didn't understand at all.

OMFG, you have GTA 5!? Where is it set? PLZ TELL ME!!!!!!!

So the game installed fine and I can play it perfectly, except I want to install patches

Hi Funky

When you say you want to install patches does that mean you have yet to patch the game at all? -

For online play you need to be on 1.0.7.0 patch - is that where the problems begin?

So the game installed fine and I can play it perfectly, except I want to install patches

Hi Funky

When you say you want to install patches does that mean you have yet to patch the game at all? -

For online play you need to be on 1.0.7.0 patch - is that where the problems begin?

Your correct. I havent patched it at all. Also I have not tried to go online yet. My problem is I can play the game at all settings except there is stuttering. I read that the patches fix that. When I downloaded the patch, it is currently sitting in my downloads folder, do I maybe need to place it in a GTA 4 folder so it can locate what it needs?

Did you download the patch from 'Games for Windows Live' directly or did you download it from a website like this forum (i.e manual patch)

Regarding the patches, most people say the 1.0.4.0 patch is the best patch for performance

Noticed that your graphics is a mobility card and I know laptops have been known to struggle with GTA IV due to heat problems etc

Your processor and ram is sound

When you go to your download manager re the patch, do you have the option of run or is the only option save?

Edited by marmoo

You shouldn't use the titleupdate.msi (I think that's what it's called) but setup.exe to install the update.

Ok guys I got it. Lol I signed up for Games for Windows Live or something like that and while the game was loading it asked me to download some patches. Now I can play on max settings lag free and online too colgate.gif

i got That Problem What Does it means -.- ?

and From Where Got Game For Windows?

i got Game For Windows from Microsft and it was (Bugged)like

Download update

and i download more than 10time wont work..

so What is the Answer plz Help me us

• 7 months later...
You shouldn't use the titleupdate.msi (I think that's what it's called) but setup.exe to install the update.

I know this is old, but I had the same problem. Here is what I did and what I was doing wrong.

Windows 7: Dont use Titleupdate (windows installer package) click Updatetitle (application) and choose the option "extract all" it will give you a new Titel_update_7_EN dir, you will initialy think you have done a loop but you havent. open new directory and run the obvious file.

Hope this helps.