Question about added cars

ykzlol

SOLVED see last post by me

I've done everything I'm supposed to do to have added (not replaced) cars in-game; however when I spawn them with a trainer it says "bugatti spawned" (for example) but nothing is spawned.

I have: 1) made an image using openIV called "added.img" and placed it in my models/cdimages folder. This image contains the car's .wtds and .wfts.

2) added a line in the images.txt file that reads "platforming:/models/cdimages/added 1"

3) added a line in the default.dat file that reads "HANDLING common:/data/added/addedhandling.dat"

4) added a line in the gta.dat file that reads "IDE common:/DATA/added/addedveh.ide"

5) created an "addedhandling.dat" file that contains the handling data for the added cars (for example, so you know it's correct," BUGATTI 1600.0 0.00 85 0.0 ....")

6) created an addedveh.ide file that contains all vehicle information for the cars (for example: "bugatti, bugatti, car, BUGATTI, COQUETTE, ....")

7) placed the addedhandling.dat and addedveh.ide files in a folder named "added" in GTAIV/common/data

8) added the cars and their corresponding info to the "carcols.dat" file

9) saved all files, saved and rebuilt the "added.img"

I even added them to my trainers added car list, but when i spawn them it merely says "bugatti spawned" (for example) and nothing happens. I have auto warp to vehicle enabled and I dont even auto warp to something invisible. It just doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Much appreciated,

ykzlol

TL;DR done everything I need to (read above to verify) but added cars won't spawn, need help

*of note* I tried opening the .wfts in sparkiv and there was nothing there just a blue box. there's stuff in the .wtd's for the added vehicles but no car model when I open the .wfts. I tried this with two different downloaded .wfts. However. I opened the .wfts in openiv and I was able to see the models.

*EDIT* Scroll down a few posts to see images of the files.

Edited by ykzlol

monster875.

u made an "added" folder? u're not supposed to make new folders, u're supposed to put the ide file and the dat file the same place as the other ide and dat file (in common/data/)

EDIT: the wft is locked (to prevent stealers that edit and release the edited)

I just tried moving the addedhandling.dat and addedveh.ide files to the main data folder and removing the "addons" folder from the lines in default.dat and gta.dat and it's still the same problem.

*edit* ah nice to know about the .wfts

I just tried deleting my added.img file and creating a new one and reimporting the .wfts and .wdts and rebuilding and saving, and that didn't work either. I'm attaching some screen shots of the files/lines i've created just in case anything's wrong with them. obviously some of the input on the addedveh/addedhandling/carcols files is cut off because it goes on for too long but that shouldn't matter.

It's strange because it says "bugatti spawned" or "lamborghini spawned" as opposed to not being able to find it but nothing spawns.

Here's the images:

gta.dat:

user posted image

default.dat:

user posted image

images.txt:

user posted image

addedhandling.dat:

user posted image

addedveh.ide:

user posted image

carcols.dat:

user posted image

Edited by ykzlol

I'm guessing it's not required to put your cars in cargrp.dat right? Only if you want peds driving them?

monster875.

i can't see anything wrong, just try redo the adding stuff (redo EVERYTHING)

EDIT: what's the wft's names?

alright I'll try that, no reason to redownload the car files right?

*edit* .wft names are bugatti.wft and lamborghini.wft, same for the .wdts of course

alright, thanks for the help

*edit* any reason i should redownload the cars?

Edited by ykzlol

I finally fixed the problem, if you look above at the picture of my images.txt file I typed "platforming:/models/cdimages/added 1" instead of platformimg. If anyone else has this problem make sure you typed platformimg.

Edited by ykzlol