Coding for Bullet Time (slow motion)?

danjako43

I don't know where to start. Can someone instruct me how to do this? I don't know what code GTA IV uses now that Alice (lua code mod) doesn't work for patch 1.0.7.0

I heard there's a C++ "scripthook." Can I code bullet time with that? I mean, it'd go like this (in half-assed coding language. This isn't even a code, but it's just to get the general idea, easy with C++, LUA too):

Import whatever package;Define timescale;Assign V as input button;{If (V is pressed AND timescale = 1.0)timescale = .3;else if (V is pressed AND timescale = .3)timescale = 1.0;}

I haven't coded in C++ since 6 or so years ago, so don't mind the badness in the code segment.

To be honest, I don't even know the "frame" code to get things to work in C++ for GTA IV.

Someone help please.

lindsayslorach

If you havn't done C++ in a few years, could you try C#? Using the .Net ScriptHook, there is an IRC channel you can join, there are a few people in there that can help you (click my signature).

Here's what I would do:

using System.Windows.Forms;using GTA;namespace SlowMotion{   public class SlowMotionScript : Script   {       private bool slowMotionEnabled = false;       public SlowMotionScript()       {           this.BindKey(Keys.V, this.ToggleSlowMotion);       }       private void ToggleSlowMotion()       {           this.slowMotionEnabled = !this.slowMotionEnabled;           if (this.slowMotionEnabled)           {               Game.TimeScale = 0.3f;           }           else           {               Game.TimeScale = 1f;           }       }   }}

I havn't tested it, but I think it'll work.

What's the difference between the two?

Why script in .net while there's already C++? Is it for ease of scripting? Or less crashes?

Most mods use C++ Scripthook. I don't wanna have .net scripthook AND C++ scripthook in the GTA IV folder. It might get funky when I have alot of mods. conflicts and whatnot.

What's the difference between the two?

Why script in .net while there's already C++? Is it for ease of scripting? Or less crashes?

Most mods use C++ Scripthook. I don't wanna have .net scripthook AND C++ scripthook in the GTA IV folder. It might get funky when I have alot of mods. conflicts and whatnot.

Nah, it does not and .NET has easier accesible functions to, for example, take a whole group of peds. In ScriptHook you'll need some assembly and sh*t.

It's up to you, but you'll find .NET easier to use and getting world peds, cars and object is less of a pain in the butt. That's the problem I now have.

There are two types of files for the .net scripthook, cs and vb, what's the difference? What are they?

motorsport71

@danjako43

*.vb - for plain VisualBasic.Net scripts

*.cs - for plain C# scripts

*.net - for compiled scripts in any .Net language

*.net.dll - for compiled scripts in any .Net language

This is straight from Hazardx's .net scripthook documentation, here's the link. It'll probably help.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392325&st=0

Is there a list of commands in C#? like what does what?

Also, if i want to make a bullet time script, would i need a .cs or a .vb file?

you start in notepad for example and save it as .cs or .vb, it will act just like a text file, uncompiled script.

Is there a list of commands in C#? like what does what?

Also, if i want to make a bullet time script, would i need a .cs or a .vb file?

Go to "Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts\for Developers" and look in the file called "GTA IV ScriptHook.Net Documentation.chm". You could also use Visual Studio to make coding easier.

If you're coding in C#, you'll need to make a .cs file. And if you're coding in Visual Basic.NET, you'll need a .vb file.

• 2 months later...

Is there a C++ version?

Does LUA work (ALICE)? has it been updated? It's been so long...I love LUA, it's so simple.