Rarity of vehicles by age

Los Santos Pedestrian

Los Santos Pedestrian

I remember playing Vice City or San Andreas and seeing multiple Waltons in the same area, like in a poor neighborhood or the countryside. And I also saw a lot of Hermes', Tornadoes, Glendales and Oceanics in GTA: SA, including in Vagos territory. I know that in SA, it was the early 90's and the cars were made only about 40 years back in the 50's, but by then they would already be collectibles and wouldn't be driven that much. By the early 90's, cars from the 40's-50's would already be replaced by cars from the late 70's-mid 80's for poorer people.

So what I'm suggesting in the next GTA, cars made 30 years ago or before should be rarer, and with cars more than 40 years old, they should almost completely disappear. Unless there's a trade embargo and cars are almost never imported like in Cuba, antique cars should just rarely appear unless in special occasions. smile.gif

Ispintechno

Seems reasonable. I do like how cars spawning seem attached to the area, poor or rich, what I would like too see disappear is how cars spawn based on what you are driving at the moment. Been a major flaw throughout the series. Maybe throw in that 2% where the vehicle could be anything no matter what area your in. Like the guy driving his Corvette in the wrong side of the tracks because a girl he likes is in the area kind thing. It happens.

But yes classic cars become rare indeed like an expensive car.

If you play Episodes, you've seen new cars roaming the street, didn't seem particular to location, but I've played both Episodes in a limited cycle so as to prolong the game and I've really stretched it out, seeing as there's no new GTA even now

Finn 7 five 11

If you play Episodes, you've seen new cars roaming the street, didn't seem particular to location, but I've played both Episodes in a limited cycle so as to prolong the game and I've really stretched it out, seeing as there's no new GTA even now

If you have played GTA IV at all you would realize that there are not many old cars around at all, it was silly in GTA IV though how almost every car had brand new shiny paintwork, or they were just total rust-buckets.

See how this car is shiny.

http://http://jing-wen.com/wp-content/uplo...2009/10/car.JPG

This car does not have gloss paint and reflects much less.

http://martybugs.net/Pintara/photos/IMG_2684_600.jpg

I'd like the next GTA to have special car saloons with classic cars for sale, containing remakes of all the cars from previous GTA series, I really miss my two favourites from SA (Alpha and Phoenix), and I think most of gta players who have their favourite amongst the classics will appreciate this.

If you have played GTA IV at all you would realize that there are not many old cars around at all, it was silly in GTA IV though how almost every car had brand new shiny paintwork, or they were just total rust-buckets.

See how this car is shiny.

http://http://jing-wen.com/wp-content/uplo...2009/10/car.JPG

This car does not have gloss paint and reflects much less.

http://martybugs.net/Pintara/photos/IMG_2684_600.jpg

I played it plenty!! DANG NABBIT!

Anywho, I think there's issues similar to how SR3 was being mentioned by Volition, about destructible landscapes effecting the structures they'd come back to and make continuity issues for the game devices, it can get complicated when you're talking about the same elements for both SP and MP gameplay

The common textures or graphic elements they can apply to any and all cars, the more differences there are, the more space you take up on the media, the more compression is challenged. But I'd hope as they have been doing, they can max it to the MAX

As someone said there at Rockstar North, I think it was Sam Houser; We have the Best Compression experts working on our game, and they amaze us every time.

What if they was so poor that they bought the car in the 80s, looked after it and still had it in the 90s when San Andreas was set, man that would be a reliable car

SIG-2.jpg

IV had WAY too many classic cars. I've not yet been to NYC but I can bet you a Rat's Ass there aren't two dozen 1960s Impalas, Chargers and Camaros parked down every street. Absolute Pig's Bollocks.

Original Light
IV had WAY too many classic cars. I've not yet been to NYC but I can bet you a Rat's Ass there aren't two dozen 1960s Impalas, Chargers and Camaros parked down every street. Absolute Pig's Bollocks.

It's very uneven. They have too much quanity of the same car and need to have more diffrent ones rather than a cluster f*ck of the same type. mad.gif

Mister Pink

Of course it would be nice but it seems that there's only so many cars of a certain cycle they can have on the go at one time. You know the way you hop in to a car and then you see loads of multiples of that car or a similar type.

For example, you are at the docks or an industrial estate. The game wants you to have cars that are relevant to the environment.

I dunno what I'm talking about. You make sense OP though.

Not to go off topic but I'd love to see older versions of cars in GTA for once. But really rare older versions. Like a Sentinel from '86 then a Sentinel from '08 in the same game. Nobody really talks about that much!

Not to go off topic but I'd love to see older versions of cars in GTA for once. But really rare older versions. Like a Sentinel from '86 then a Sentinel from '08 in the same game. Nobody really talks about that much!

This would be nice, I'd love it if it had this feature, have the older version of the model and the newer one, or even Sedan and Coupe versions of the same cars.

As for the topic, I know where the OP is coming from, I'd personally like it if rarer old cars (i.e. the Dukes based off the 69 Charger) would appear less but some older cars would remain rather common, like Beat up old Greenwoods or what not. Cause not all older cars are rare.

Also some cars should appear in there beater form more often than show room new, like say if they had something based of a old Ford Pinto there should be more of them beat to hell due to no one caring about them, and just using it as a point a to point b car for 30+ years.

I would like too see disappear is how cars spawn based on what you are driving at the moment. Been a major flaw throughout the series.

It has to do with how vehicles are loaded to conserve space in RAM. If they get rid of this, unfortunately, it would reduce diversity of the vehicles you see. So as unrealistic as it is, it's better to keep it in.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

make some cars with MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS. in real life you will sometime to steal a car with a stick. plus they are way more exciting to drive. with clutch as LT and shifting with right stick. or just an option so every car is a manual.

Yea and have the newer sports cars and limos and pimped out cars in the metropolitian area or Vinewood ( If in los Santos )

And of course have the classic cars appear not often but there should be a secret way to obtain one, and not by cheat

Yeah, I agree with this... but I'm a total fan of old Muscle Cars so, don't make the classic/old rides appear in an almost 1000:1 possibility please!! I still want to drive them!!

I know this detail could bring some more realism to the game, so it's nice however...

But if it's going to appear a kind of Mexican gang or something like that, they SHOULD drive those old RARE cars, around their turfs...

If anything the retro remakes of old cars which all the masses love should appear very often. Crap like the Bmw Mini, New Beetle, Thunderbird, Mustang, Camaro, PT Cruiser etc. The true Classics should be much more special.