What causes lagging in gta iv

drious

OverTheBelow

In your case? "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family". Not good for gaming.

DU8afL0.jpg

I had lag on my HP Envy, almost unplayable, I heard it is due to poor porting and not utilising all cores of processor etc etc. But I know a remedy, set detail distance to 100, it worked for me and my mate, now it is playable on high settings for me and high-medium for him (he has similar computer to you). Hope it helps

I had lag on my HP Envy, almost unplayable, I heard it is due to poor porting and not utilising all cores of processor etc etc. But I know a remedy, set detail distance to 100, it worked for me and my mate, now it is playable on high settings for me and high-medium for him (he has similar computer to you). Hope it helps

What you're saying is that if I increase Detail Distance to 100 (instead of my current 25) I get higher framerates? sigh.gif

I gues I will try that when I'm home again wink.gif

What you're saying is that if I increase Detail Distance to 100 (instead of my current 25) I get higher framerates? sigh.gif

I gues I will try that when I'm home again wink.gif

yes and no, i am saying that I got a higher framerate so did a mate, whether you will is a mystery that I have my fingers crossed that the answer is "yuh-huh"

i used commandline

-norestriction

-memrestrict 299654321

-availablevidmem 12.0

-percentvidmem 100

-shadowdensity 0

-minspecaudio

-frameLimit 0

-noprecache

along side your detail distance to 100 and lagging reduced,benchmark is below

Statistics

Average FPS: 5.05

Duration: 38.02 sec

CPU Usage: 63%

System memory usage: 69%

Video memory usage: 46%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 800 x 600 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: Low

Render Quality: Low

View Distance: 1

Detail Distance: 100

Hardware

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video Driver version: 8.15.10.2057

Audio Adapter: Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF ME GETTING ABOUT BETWEEN 30-60 FPS LIKE SOME USERS ON HERE? P.S: i still run version 1.0.0.0 because anytime i update i get error TEXP70,which i was told was to prevent intel graphics from working with the game tounge.gif

OverTheBelow

Can't expect to play GTA4 on a cheapo HP laptop. Literally, the only thing you can do to get it up to 30-60fps is by upgrading the video card or getting a new laptop.

DU8afL0.jpg

YankeesPwnMets

Alright man, I know you want to play GTA IV badly, but it WILL NOT run on that no matter what you do. Its whether you can accept the fact that your system is just a heap of sh*t when in terms of gaming. You either sell that on eBay and make some $$$ off of it and then save more for a new PC, or you just live with not playing it. GTA IV will NOT run on your computer, nothing you do will help it run. Not tweaking the game, no registry fixers, no driver updates, not anything will make IV run on your system. Sorry to put you down like that, but you keep insisting instead of accepting the fact.

@ yankeespwnmets, i new it'll be a negative reply you'll give as soon as i saw your i.d i dont believe because of a single problem gta wont run well,and its not like its a problem rockstar just felt like acting stupid by not allowing intal graphics, cause my intel graphics is all that fails the sys requirement test,besides on youtube you'll find a lot of videos of people running gta iv on intel graphics, or even lower specs p.c and have about 15-20 fps, just search youtube for gta iv intel graphics, now after seeing such videos of people playing gta iv on 2gig ram,with less than 200mb of video memory,probably same type of intel graphics,manageable fps(10-20) why cant my p.c run gta with some tweaks, i believe it can especially when its just the intel graphics thats at fault.

AND P.S: anyone that can contact rockstar should please help me tell them because of this intel graphics ish my ratings for them have gone down,cause its pure bullsh*t what did intel do to them?

@ yankeespwnmets, i new it'll be a negative reply you'll give as soon as i saw your i.d i dont believe because of a single problem gta wont run well,and its not like its a problem rockstar just felt like acting stupid by not allowing intal graphics, cause my intel graphics is all that fails the sys requirement test,besides on youtube you'll find a lot of videos of people running gta iv on intel graphics, or even lower specs p.c and have about 15-20 fps, just search youtube for gta iv intel graphics, now after seeing such videos of people playing gta iv on 2gig ram,with less than 200mb of video memory,probably same type of intel graphics,manageable fps(10-20) why cant my p.c run gta with some tweaks, i believe it can especially when its just the intel graphics thats at fault.

AND P.S: anyone that can contact rockstar should please help me tell them because of this intel graphics ish my ratings for them have gone down,cause its pure bullsh*t what did intel do to them?

Actually, your processor is at fault too, as the Pentium(and Celeron for that matter), are Lower power(those are mostly for Business and school use-NOT gaming)...

Also, the main problem with Intel Video cards, is they are Shared VRAM(vram that is shared with the system memory)...I have yet to see a Intel card with more than 128MB of VRAM?, and it is the dedicated vram that games use. Plus, the fact that you are on a laptop, laptop processors and video cards are lower power than their desktop counterparts(to conserve power)(as you have to worry about battery life on laptops, whereas desktops don't have this problem)...The I3, I5 and I7(by Intel)/the Phenom(by AMD) are the higher power processors available today(even the Core2Quad)-these are the better processors for gaming than the Pentium and Celerons..?

Since you are on a laptop, you cannot upgrade the video card OR processor, as they are soldered into the motherboard on laptops...

It is NOT just Intel cards that have problems with IV, the older ATI and Nvidia cards do not run the game/do not run very well, as I have an ATI Radeon X1250 on my desktop, and the game WILL NOT run, and on my old 7 laptop, I have an Nvidia 8200 and yet it gets about the same fps you are getting on the same settings..Now, I have an I5 processor, 6GB Ram, and an ATI Radeon HD 5470 and get around 62fps with IV and around 64fps with EFLC...So, better builds will get better results with games..

You CAN play III, VC, and SA just fine, but definately not a more demanding game like IV or the EFLC games...

That goes to show that you need at least 512MB of Dedicated vram and at least a 2.5GHZ processor to run the game at the Higher frame rates...

Here's the bechmarks from my PC(specs above), to prove I5's and ATI cards are better for gaming...Here's from EFLC:

2011-07-23 23:31:33 - EFLC

Frames: 27970 - Time: 434509ms - Avg: 64.372 - Min: 22 - Max: 125

and Here's from IV:

2011-07-10 03:15:37 - GTAIV

Frames: 7352 - Time: 100465ms - Avg: 73.180 - Min: 38 - Max: 91

Edited by radioman

nightwalker83

If you have GTA IV running on the lowest settings and still experience slow performance it is most likely due to bad software design (example: memory leaks).

radioman tanx for the detailed info as for the dedicated vram, i have bout 700mb in my gta settings,though due to some commandlines amd fixes, the game runs fine in terms of graphics(pic below) its just fps,but if no one can get me fps setting or mods that can help i guess i'll go back to my S.A and use the mod that make it look like gta iv confused.gif

MY FIX

commandline:

-norestriction

-memrestrict 299654321

-availablevidmem 12.0

-percentvidmem 100

-shadowdensity 0

-minspecaudio

-frameLimit 0

-noprecache

tweak 1 ultimate graphics

visual iv version 1.5

use highest performance(intel control)

detail distance 100

lowest resolution

new gtxd

gamebooster

Realistic time cyc mod

timecyc and visualsettings modification

off clip capture

my benchmark with my fix

Statistics

Average FPS: 5.22

Duration: 37.74 sec

CPU Usage: 61%

System memory usage: 68%

Video memory usage: 45%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 800 x 600 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: Low

Render Quality: Low

View Distance: 1

Detail Distance: 100

Hardware

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video Driver version: 8.15.10.2057

Audio Adapter: Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

user posted image

graphics from above fix, its actually better than this,the roughness/blurryness isnt normally there i dont know whats up with the pic?

Again i would love if someone could get me a good fps fix,i'm not trying to be stubborn but i believe there's a fix for this since i could fix a blank transparent graphics to whats above.

Well.

GTA IV is a Conosle Port, It isn't a PC Game. Many Console ported games cause massive lag for PC gamers. It has always been like this, Honestly.

YankeesPwnMets

Rockstar wasn't stupid by not allowing Intel cards, Intel cards are too weak. They are for HPTC or office computers, not for gaming computers. Intel GPUs are designed specifically for the basic user, and its nothing that Intel did to Rockstar like you said.

Pentium® Dual-Core T4500 @2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

Pentium is weak already, and your on the laptop platform, and the laptop version of Pentium is weaker then it's desktop counterpart

RAM: 3.00 GB

When I run GTA IV, it hits 2.8GB RAM and over. At that point, your computer would already be paging, which would cause an insane amount of hard drive activity as well as a complete system slowdown to the point where it would be unusable

Device Name: Mobile Intel® 4 Seriess Express Chipset Family

When Rockstar was designing this extremely high end game, do you think they put people with weakass computers in mind? Do you think companies like EA thought about Windows 95 users when they developed NFS Hot Pursuit? No, and Rockstar didn't think about Intel users either. This was a HIGH END not a game designed to work with old boxes. If they did, then GTA IV would be released to a PS2 right now. Also, I looked and most people were using Core i3 or higher Intel graphics card. Intel GPUs for 1155 and 1156 are much better then Pentium's integrated cards. Some users even had their Intel GPU overclocked with an i3, and OC isn't possible on the older chipsets like the one our using. Look at Exxon. He has a Radeon 6950 and C2Q and he barely manages playable FPS. That system exceeds the RECOMMENDED requirements and he has trouble running the game. Your system doesn't even pass the MINIMUM requirements are you are expecting it to run smoothly. Where is the logic in that?

Also, if English is your native language, there is no way you just formulated a "paragraph" in that fashion.

i new it'll be a negative reply you'll give as soon as i saw your i.d i dont believe because of a single problem gta wont run well

Excuse me? I don't understand what in the world you are saying. mercie_blink.gif

You go try and contact them about Intel GPUs. They are either gonna ignore you or say "Intel GPUs don't work" and then throw the system requirements in your face.

OverTheBelow

YankeesPwnMets is just telling the truth. It's only negative because you make it so by not listening to any advice people are giving you here. Your Intel graphics chip is not powerful enough to run GTA 4.

Here is a graphics card that will run on high 60fps @ 1080p:

user posted image

Here is an example of one similar to your graphics card:

user posted image

Notice how the first requires it's own dedicated cooling system, external power & PCI-E slot, whereas yours just sits on the motherboard (integrated) with itself because it doesn't have enough graphical horsepower to get painfully hot.

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

IMO: People who run software they don't need and/or use things like FSAA while playing IV..

Rarely is it the hardware..also people who try to play at giant resolutions..

it's not really rocket science..

o.k what do i need to replace or add to my system,how much will it cost,a list of varieties would be lovely and im sorry for not adhering to advices 0:)

OverTheBelow
o.k what do i need to replace or add to my system,how much will it cost,a list of varieties would be lovely and im sorry for not adhering to advices 0:)

Can't upgrade a laptop that easily. Your only simple option would be to purchase a new one, or play GTA 4 on a better computer.

DU8afL0.jpg

Can't upgrade a laptop that easily. Your only simple option would be to purchase a new one, or play GTA 4 on a better computer.

if you're lucky it's MXM based graphics card, other than that a faster cpu, this isn't the do stuff for me forum though..