What is up with Brothers In Arms fans?

OchyGTA

So I've been watching the trailer for BIA Furious Four and there are loads of comments from people saying it has ruined the franchise with stupid arguments such as it is dishonorable to WW2 vets and such. Now in my opinion this game looks like a WW2 Borderlands with the original being such a fantastic game and I cannot understand all the hate towards it. How many times has contempary WW2 been done. If Bakers story had continued can you imagine how badly the game would have done as the fanbase is a loyal yet small one. To me, it looks like gearbox changed it up a bit and have come up with an idea which hasn't been done in a video game before. I think this will sell really well and hopefully shut up these BIA fanboys. Anyways, post what you think and info on the new game as it becomes available.

BIA after Freedom Fighters - Perfect game.

As of now, I am looking to it. Video is not giving much good impressions and may be comments are showing the same concern.

People don't like it because it's not only a change of art style, but it's a change of genre. It's no longer a strategic shooter. From what I've heard it's a mix of Borderlands and Bulletstorm. It's the same thing that Ubisoft is doing with Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six, in which they are dumbing down the series, and making them more like Call of Duty, to sell more games. Which isn't bad financially, but in my opinion if you're going to make a game that's so drastically different, why even make it a BIA/Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 game?

Imagine if Rockstar announced that GTA V would be a level based FPS, and gone were the openworld and story, in favor for a shorter story mode, and CoD clone multiplayer. Wouldn't you feel betrayed? That's how hardcore BIA fans feel.

But it's not all lost, Gearbox has said that Baker company's story will continue.

I love BiA, this looks interesting and as far as I have heard, isn't Furious 4 meant to be a spin-off and not a canon game?

I thought Hell's Highway stunk, so BiA has long since lost its place in my heart. If Baker and company have one more go around in store, Gearbox better step up their production value in a huge way. And not go with the silly, bullsh*t direction for this latest crapstallment.

PqF05jQ.jpg

People don't like it because it's not only a change of art style, but it's a change of genre. It's no longer a strategic shooter. From what I've heard it's a mix of Borderlands and Bulletstorm. It's the same thing that Ubisoft is doing with Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six, in which they are dumbing down the series, and making them more like Call of Duty, to sell more games. Which isn't bad financially, but in my opinion if you're going to make a game that's so drastically different, why even make it a BIA/Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 game?

Imagine if Rockstar announced that GTA V would be a level based FPS, and gone were the openworld and story, in favor for a shorter story mode, and CoD clone multiplayer. Wouldn't you feel betrayed? That's how hardcore BIA fans feel.

But it's not all lost, Gearbox has said that Baker company's story will continue.

Tobe fair, bulletstorm and borderlands are nothing like COD.

Watching the E3 stream, it struck me as more of an off-shoot, as has already been mentioned. Like Undead Nightmare was to Red Dead, but without zombies.

Also, it was a CG trailer, and we all know how well they represent the final game.

scMmGsh.jpg

I actually have the feeling it will be like Inglorious Basterds, which I like very much. Looking forward to it, nice to see a change in WW2 shooters

People don't like it because it's not only a change of art style, but it's a change of genre.  It's no longer a strategic shooter.  From what I've heard it's a mix of Borderlands and Bulletstorm.  It's the same thing that Ubisoft is doing with Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six, in which they are dumbing down the series, and making them more like Call of Duty, to sell more games.  Which isn't bad financially, but in my opinion if you're going to make a game that's so drastically different, why even make it a BIA/Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 game? 

Imagine if Rockstar announced that GTA V would be a level based FPS, and gone were the openworld and story, in favor for a shorter story mode, and CoD clone multiplayer.  Wouldn't you feel betrayed?  That's how hardcore BIA fans feel.

Tobe fair, bulletstorm and borderlands are nothing like COD.

That's irrelevant. The similarity is that Ubisoft is taking their strategy games, and turning them into straight up shooters. That generally take less intelligence and problem solving to play, which is why the fans of these games play them.

Now, I agree it's a little much to get all pissed about this, but I can understand why the fans of the game and the tactical shooter genre, in general, are up in arms.

I can't say I'm a BiA fan, but I really enjoyed Hell's Highway. Subsequently the new BiA doesn't really appeal to me, and I think this feeling is amplified for hardcore BiA fans, whom I think feel as if their beloved franchise has simply become a hyperbolic gunfest rather than the reverent World War 2 shooter to which they're accustomed. My only real gripe is that Ubisoft has decided to bind this game to the BiA franchise--perhaps marketing it as a spin-off, not a sequel, would've been better.

People don't like it because it's not only a change of art style, but it's a change of genre.  It's no longer a strategic shooter.  From what I've heard it's a mix of Borderlands and Bulletstorm.  It's the same thing that Ubisoft is doing with Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six, in which they are dumbing down the series, and making them more like Call of Duty, to sell more games.  Which isn't bad financially, but in my opinion if you're going to make a game that's so drastically different, why even make it a BIA/Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 game? 

Imagine if Rockstar announced that GTA V would be a level based FPS, and gone were the openworld and story, in favor for a shorter story mode, and CoD clone multiplayer.  Wouldn't you feel betrayed?  That's how hardcore BIA fans feel.

I can't say I'm a BiA fan, but I really enjoyed Hell's Highway. Subsequently the new BiA doesn't really appeal to me, and I think this feeling is amplified for hardcore BiA fans, whom I think feel as if their beloved franchise has simply become a hyperbolic gunfest rather than the reverent World War 2 shooter to which they're accustomed. My only real gripe is that Ubisoft has decided to bind this game to the BiA franchise--perhaps marketing it as a spin-off, not a sequel, would've been better.

They have already said its not a sequel and they will continue Bakers story. I like the look of this, nice take on a WW2 shooter, mixing it up a bit