The GTA V Trilogy

MrBalloonHands

MrBalloonHands

In the GTA 3 trilogy we had III, VC, and SA. In the GTA 4 trilogy we had IV, LaD, and TBoGT. I have a feeling that GTA V will be a start of a new trilogy which unlike the GTA 4 trilogy would be full games. I think this because Rockstar would make more out of two full games then expansions.

Here is my guess on what the gamest would be:

GTA V: Set in Los Santos, Texas/Arizona, and a part of Mexico.

GTA: San Fierro(Also have Oakland and surrounding bay area.)

GTA: Las Venturas (Also have surrounding desert.)

Discuss what you think.

krammkracker

I would hate to see San Andreas broken up to 3 seperate games. The epicness about SA was that there was so much variety in all the cities and having them all together was amazing!

I think one of the major failings of San Andreas was that although there was great variety, none of the locations really lived up to their potential. LV was great but LS and SF were just too small. I would rather see GTA5 tackle one location and do it really, really well.

WhistleBlower

You want San Andreas broken up into three games? Lol. That almost makes anticipating Liberty City exciting again. Do you even know how long it takes to develop games these days? It's not like last-gen when Rockstar could release a GTA game every year. And it certainly wouldn't leave any room for their other IPs.

Edited by WhistleBlower

The Diamond Theory tounge2.gif

Liberty City Trilogy aka Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City

Vice City Trilogy aka Grand Theft Auto V: The Complete Edition(???)

Grand Theft Auto V(???)

Grand Theft Auto V: Episodes From Vice City(???)

San Andreas Trilogy aka Grand Theft Auto VI: The Complete Edition(???)

Grand Theft Auto VI(???)

Grand Theft Auto VI: Episodes From San Andreas(???)

''San Andreas'' > ''Liberty City'' > ''Vice City'' monocle.gif

2004 2008 2012

PS: It has only one mistake, the diamonds didn't came from San Andreas confused.gif

I think one of the major failings of San Andreas was that although there was great variety, none of the locations really lived up to their potential. LV was great but LS and SF were just too small. I would rather see GTA5 tackle one location and do it really, really well.

I thought that LV was by far the worst city in San Andreas and did not live up to the potential at all.

SF was small but LS wasn't. It was as big as LV and was 10 x more detailed.

As for the opening topic - I personally think this next game will not be called GTAV and it will be in the same canon as IV was. This generations games = GTAIV + DLC's and nextGTA+ DLC's, with CTW/NGPSP game being the extras in the same way the stories games were.

I thought this would be a good idea a while back also, it was fun having all three SA cities in one map on PS2 because of the whole OTT feel but if GTA next is continuing the realistic feel, it would be kind of stupid to have cities that small that are that close to each other, unless they can make the map HUGE (like Just Cause 2 scale). I would rather have an enormous single city that is exactly like it real life counterpart, with loads of attention to detail and some wilderness surrounding it presuming its set in SA.