Volume Way to low

piemaster

A few months ago when I bought GTA IV on steam, the volume level was normal. Now its so quiet I cant hear a single thing. I need to turn the system volume waaaaay up to hear it, then I forget about it and blast my ears out. I also own EFLC (the stand alone one) and in both TLAD and TBoGT the volume is fine. I tried turning the volume up in the settings, but it was already all the way up. Anyone have/had this problem?

This certainly is new, do you have any mods installed? If you're on 7/Vista, you should have the volume mixer. Left click the speaker icon in the system tray, open up the mixer while the game is running, minimized in the background (or windowed) and make sure that the GTAIV entry in the mixer is not turned all the way down.

This certainly is new, do you have any mods installed? If you're on 7/Vista, you should have the volume mixer. Left click the speaker icon in the system tray, open up the mixer while the game is running, minimized in the background (or windowed) and make sure that the GTAIV entry in the mixer is not turned all the way down.

That was it biggrin.gif Thank you so much. I had already found the mixer, without the game running and had turned the Steam volume up, but that didnt work. I would have never known to look in there while the game was running without your help. Thanks.