If part of your face was torn off...

danjodan

You have been attacked by a bear, Part of your face is missing.You survive and still able to talk, You are given the option of a face transplant.What would you do?

Honestly, Id rather died than have another persons corpse get sewen onto my skull.

What about you?

Nice, but it has been done, I just find it rather tasteless for a topic here. The cosmetic transplants don't leave you looking like a model, they mostly allow a person to have a chance at more normal life; seeing, breathing, eating, If you're face is mutilated, that becomes an everyday difficulty.

EDIT for initial typo repairs

I'd rather die ... I dislike the idea that the medicals believe that a victim is fair game until they are bankrupt, then suddenly the medicals find other places to be. They claim they have to keep people alive because of their 'oath' with little reagrd to pain, suffering and the true quality of life.

If I'm going to have to deal with topics like this, I might as well just get my palm sewn to the missing side of my face.

Slosten.gif

If I'm going to have to deal with topics like this, I might as well just get my palm sewn to the missing side of my face.

You're forehead (face - palm) catspider.gif

I'd rather die than pay the Health Care bills... whatsthat.gif

user posted image

I think you owe it to your family.

uYW1Olw.png

f*ck dying, you only get one shot at life so I'd take on the surgery. If I felt hideous I'd wear a badass mask or something. How vain to prefer dying over not having your face.

Tell you what though, if I lost my dick I'd seriously consider dying. That thing is like, so important you know?

f*ck a mask, I'd get extensive surgery to look even more f*cked up, then I could be a bad guy in some movie and sh*t, and I wouldn't even need to sit in makeup for hours on end. cool.gif

38773_s.gif

f*ck a mask, I'd get extensive surgery to look even more f*cked up, then I could be a bad guy in some movie and sh*t, and I wouldn't even need to sit in makeup for hours on end. cool.gif

That DOES sound like a good idea! How about I bring my shotgun over to your place and help tearinng half of your face off? No need to thank me, just give me 1/4th of your total paycheck as an actor in horror movies! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

That DOES sound like a good idea! How about I bring my shotgun over to your place and help tearinng half of your face off? No need to thank me, just give me 1/4th of your total paycheck as an actor in horror movies! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Too late, I just 12-gauged my face. confused.gif

You can be my manager I guess.

38773_s.gif

Too late, I just 12-gauged my face. confused.gif

You can be my manager I guess.

I guess that works. I'll give you a call once I find a studio that will take you for their next movie.

(this is going way off-topic) notify.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

Saying you'd rathr die is a bit extreme especially when I'd rather have a chance at a normal life with a face transplant then oh I dunno suffer from a disabling muscle wasting condition that will eventually kill you or any other terrible medical issue with no cure or treatment. Just saying as terrible as having your face mangled, its far from the worse thing you could be faced with.

Vanilla Shake
I'd become this guy;

user posted image

Heads, you get to keep your head. Tails, not so lucky.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Yeah i guess i would take the surgery rather then die aswell.

But if i was not happy with the result i would love to wear a mask and freak the sh*t out of people, this would be my brand of poision:

user posted image

Actually f*ck it, id rather wear this now cool.gif

SIG-2.jpg

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Tell you what though, if I lost my dick I'd seriously consider dying. That thing is like, so important you know?

It'd give your hand a break though. sigh.gif

And I'd rather live and wear a mask. Not going into to much detail since this is the Gen Chat area, but there's people with faces far worse then that and they make the most of their life, if not they appreciate it much more.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

It'd give your hand a break though. sigh.gif

And I'd rather live and wear a mask. Not going into to much detail since this is the Gen Chat area, but there's people with faces far worse then that and they make the most of their life, if not they appreciate it much more.

Ho ho ho, you clever soul.

For anyone who watches Boardwalk Empire, we all know how badass this guy is:

user posted image

Of course a mask like that is just creepy, but...you know, right?

I'd wear the first mask that can blink.

user posted image

But then again the lip's wouldn't move.

So I'd wear this...

user posted image

tuff_luv_capo
f*ck dying, you only get one shot at life so I'd take on the surgery. If I felt hideous I'd wear a badass mask or something. How vain to prefer dying over not having your face.

Yes because you'll have plenty of chances to use it without a face.

DreamsLieHere

I'd rather live my life without a face than die to be honest.

Narcis_speed6

Everyone will want to f*ck a guy dressed like batman.

Hahah, it's not rape unless you say "Surprise!" first.* Who says you know whether I would or wouldn't get any after having my face disfigured? There are ways to work around it.

*I don't really believe that.

ZombieFrogger

Replace the torn off part with cybernetic facial features just like Kano from Mortal kombat. (i know hes only got his eye cybernetic btw)

Adam Jensen

I'd have a surgery or whatever. Medicine is advancing every day. What if you chose to die and they invent something the very next year that could completely regenerate your face? They'd have to re-engrave your tombstone to say "died because he was an idiot"

I'd have a surgery or whatever. Medicine is advancing every day. What if you chose to die and they invent something the very next year that could completely regenerate your face? They'd have to re-engrave your tombstone to say "died because he was an idiot"

If that happened you can at least be nominated for a Darwin Award.

King Mystery

I'd just wear a mask for the rest of my life. Kind of like Kane's. This one guy on deviantART makes some great leather masks similar to Kane's that are for sale. I would definitely get one of his.

Not only would it look f*ckin' sweet, but I don't want to walk around with half a face for the rest of my life and I don't want some random stranger's face sewn onto my own. cry.gif

Edited by King Mystery

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I'd take the transplant. Maybe i could run around late at night, and freak people out.

I'd take the transplant..... Life is more important!