Number of vehicles

visionist

SA had over 180 vehicles of many different types. IV had significantly less than that, ostensibly due to the citywide setting.

Who expects a greater number this time around? Over 200 would be a healthy start. The city excuse is just that; an excuse. There are gazillions of vehicles IV could have featured but didn't. The LCPD have a grand total of about 4 different vehicles. The NYPD has about 40. I want a much greater variety of boats, aswell as a much much higher number of cars to avoid boredom. If R* once again can't be asked to give them different interiors with any quality of detail they should focus on quantity at least.

Ideally I'd want a future GTA to feature up to 1000 different vehicles: cars, boats, bikes, planes, choppers, bicycles, trucks, trains, segways, buses. There is no limit to potential ideas. Only hardware and money.

I think their should be just 1 car that every one in the city shares, and if you get it stolen then you have to try and find it anywhere in the whole city...

Seriously though man im sure there will be plenty of cars and variety, Long as theirs some sports cars and a good hot hatch everyones happy right?

SIG-2.jpg

No more Firetruck, taxi, or police car missions, but something more inventive. I'd really like to see all the cars I've ever owned in one GTA game! That would do it for me!

i do expect more cars and more detail in the cars...

the only thing is, that gta cars aren't based completely off of any one model

so the thing is, trying to combine looks to make something that basically represents one model

and STILL remains unique from the rest of the vehicles

one main thing i would say is, they need to change the difference in speed and acceleration so they're not all basically the same.

and damage characteristics too.

Would people prefer real life cars in the next GTA like the new Driver game is doing? OR does everyone prefer having fictional cars?

SIG-2.jpg

Would people prefer real life cars in the next GTA like the new Driver game is doing? OR does everyone prefer having fictional cars?

i prefer the ability to drive around in my maibatsu vincent, a car which has horrible brakes, but yet i love, and a zirconium stratum and all the other cars of the game. i was glad when they finally brought in fake company names for the cars because it adds a sense of realism, yet at the same time allows the game to be unique, fun and in a way, mysterious.

keep the fake ones...i would be personally alienated by real car names.

plus....if in the game you steal a car called Zirconium Stratum, its a lot different than playing a game where yo steal a Honda Accord.

if they used real car names, you can bet some nutjob lawyer would be hounding them about how its planting a subconscious message to steal cars and commit crimes, and that the use of real names only further implants such ideas...

I really hope that this next GTA has such a large variety of vehicles like SA did! This ain't a simple wish, it is a crucial matter that could make the game experience work better and be funnier to play as well. And an important part of this variety is the existence of bicycles... I mean, no matter what city or state or any other location this GTA is taking, there SHOULD be some bicycles around the place! It's like an "universal vehicle" that can adapt itself in almost every ambiance and time era. Plus, it is such a funny vehicle to use, don't ya think? biggrin.gif

Talking about the rest of it (cars, bikes, vans n' trucks...), it simply would depend on the game's time era... it's just a matter of adaptation.

I would appreciate a larger variety of water vehicles too. If possible, the Jetski seen in VCS should make a return. cool.gif

Talking about aircraft, a decent variety of planes and helis is a must. I like the way it was back in SA...

Edited by _GTAFREAK_

Original Light

No real car models. Then you wouldn't be able to have full body damage or be able to blow up vehicles. So they should keep it the way it is but more variety, like in GTA San Andreas. Like in GTA IV, all the cars were a mixture of diffrent years. For example, the Police cruiser (Ford Crown Victoria) had Tail Lights of the 96-98 Caprice, while the Front Headlights were based of a 92-94 Crown Victoria, but upside down. While the Body (Doors, Windows, and everything else) are based off of a 94-97 Crown Victoria.

So yea, alot of mixtures, right colgate.gif

So they should keep it like that, mixing years and models into one vehicle model.

But I would die for a 98-2011 Ford Crown Victoria blush.gif Rather than those out of date 97- below models.

turn.gifturn.gif

I want a car that spawns in only a few locations such as the emperor and sultun RS did in GTA IV to be like a emperor on 24's. Or somehow you can put rims on your car like a pay n spray.

the hadoken nigga

i hope they do the hidden vehicles thing that was in LA Noire, that awesome but make it like really dope unique looking vehicles including concept cars you would never see on the market

I want more then 500 cars like in gt5 or fm3, and they should real cars not made up.

Real cars have no place in GTA. Licensing is not possible and everybody loves the GTA names.

The made up cars need a hell of a lot more detail though, including interior views.

Made up is better, GTA is all about parodies. Burger shot beats burger king and sprunk beats sprite. You can still have cars based off real life counterparts, and I thought that worked perfectly in IV. I thought there was a good mix of variety in IV, but was obviously limited by the city environment, so some more rural vehicles would be nice (assuming we have countryside).

In GTA IV, Rockstar seemed to cut down on vehicles and weapons for some reason, maybe because the city is not so friendly use of ridiculous vehicles that belong outside the city. I would definately want some vehicles back or more added. San Andreas nailed the vehicle selection... planes, bikes, trucks, you name it. But they could do more than San Andreas.