Nostalgia

Chinatown Wars

Chinatown Wars

I remember walking into walmart every month just to buy jam pack. It was a disk filled with demos and such and they costed 5 dollars. I really had no need of the full game because just playing the demo over and over and over again just felt right.

Yeah I used to go to the local rental shop with my parents, and pick out a game to play for the next week. Good times.

I used to go to the local game shop to buy N64 games with my parents. Good times.

I remember walking into walmart every month just to buy jam pack. It was a disk filled with demos and such and they costed 5 dollars. I really had no need of the full game because just playing the demo over and over and over again just felt right.

Woah, blast from the past! Back here in Finland there would be things called "Euro Demo" for Playstation 1 that came with the Official Playstation Magazine(IIRC). I remember spending hours playing the demos, and just like you I had no need for the full game.

When i was younger before i earned my own money, i was never spoilt so i could only get new games on my birthday or christmas, And without all the online reviews and forums that we have now, i had to pick games purely from the description and photos on the case, needless to say it could sometimes be a lengthy process standing there with my parents biggrin.gif

Β 

Β 

SIG-2.jpg

AlfieWilRus

Played the f*ck out of Port Royale.

Β 

God, that was all good times.

OysterBarron

Ahh the old snes light scope being that yound and having that thing on your shoulder just felt badass. Even if the games for it were sh*t and pretty unexistent. and the first 3d games like starfox and stunt race all with the fx chip ooooo magic

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Woah, blast from the past! Back here in Finland there would be things called "Euro Demo" for Playstation 1 that came with the Official Playstation Magazine(IIRC). I remember spending hours playing the demos, and just like you I had no need for the full game.

Sames but in England. Also, anyone remember Syphon Filter? First shooting game I ever played

When i was younger before i earned my own money, i was never spoilt so i could only get new games on my birthday or christmas, And without all the online reviews and forums that we have now, i had to pick games purely from the description and photos on the case, needless to say it could sometimes be a lengthy process standing there with my parents biggrin.gif

Oh I know that feeling. Looking at all the Β£10 bargain titles like Sim City, Command and Conquer and Diablo begging my parents to buy me a game purely on how the box looked...

user posted image

Β 

When i was younger before i earned my own money, i was never spoilt so i could only get new games on my birthday or christmas, And without all the online reviews and forums that we have now, i had to pick games purely from the description and photos on the case, needless to say it could sometimes be a lengthy process standing there with my parentsΒ  biggrin.gif

Oh I know that feeling. Looking at all the Β£10 bargain titles like Sim City, Command and Conquer and Diablo begging my parents to buy me a game purely on how the box looked...

Oh to be young and stupid inlove.gif

This is how i ended up playing a game called "Swat" on the PC because i thought the cover looked good, how wrong i was suicidal.gif

SIG-2.jpg

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Yeah I used to go to the local rental shop with my parents, and pick out a game to play for the next week. Good times.

My mum used to work next to a Total Games, so every weekend when we picked her up from work, they'd let me rent one game for the N64. I'd then save my paper round money up and buy whichever game had interested me the most.

Β 

Gaming is so much better as a kid, or was it the era that was better? I remember I used to buy every edition of GamesMaster (is that magazine still in publication?) since this had games from every console and were purely unbiased reviews. Used to also collect Walkthrough books and everything like that.

Β 

And God, I remember everyone raving about how f*cking advanced Syphon Filter was, lol.