iPad is so stupid!

French Tom

Seriously who would by one of these things?? Its essentialy an oversized iTouch. And $500 more! And the worst part is the fact that so many people bought it. It has no USB ports,doesnt support flash, and its just stupid. Seriously, either get an iPod or a computer. Theirs NO NEED FOR A MIDDLE GROUND! Honestly Apple could sell a hotdog with the logo on it for $700 and people would still buy it.

Im not an Apple hater I have an iPod, I just feel like this was made to prove how stupid consumers are. Whaddayou think?

user posted image

CryptReaperDorian

The Apple name sells. You can get products made by other companies that have the Apple quality for a much smaller price. I'm sure you can get tablets for possibly $300 or $400, and I wouldn't be shocked if you can get them even cheaper than that.

Honestly I don't care about these new gadgets! happy.gif One thing I remember is that when IPad was launched every magazine said it would be a massive flop lol.giflol.gif

Nobody is forcing any of you to purchase Apple products, so why are you complaining? You all sound like every other PC fanboy I've heard in the last ten years.

Get the hell over it.

7FTgFLB.png

Nobody is forcing any of you to purchase Apple products, so why are you complaining? You all sound like every other PC fanboy I've heard in the last ten years.

Get the hell over it.

First of all, Nobody is forcing you to reply to my topic. If you dont care, why are you replying.

Get the hell over it.

Second of all, i'm not a PC fanboy. A computer is a computer, i'll get a Mac or a PC. It does'nt matter. And I have an iPod. I just think that iPad is dumb. Furthermore, I think the other companies are even dumber for copying this foolery.

user posted image

CryptReaperDorian

Get the hell over it.

First of all, Nobody is forcing you to reply to my topic. If you dont care, why are you replying.

Get the hell over it.

Second of all, i'm not a PC fanboy. A computer is a computer, i'll get a Mac or a PC. It does'nt matter. And I have an iPod. I just think that iPad is dumb. Furthermore, I think the other companies are even dumber for copying this foolery.

Actually, tablets have been around for quite a while. It's just that nobody cared until Apple released their expensive iPad.

Kwandilibro
Apple could sell a hotdog with the logo on it for $700 and people would still buy it.

You seem to have hit the nail on the head with that statement.

The Apple name sells.  You can get products made by other companies that have the Apple quality for a much smaller price.  I'm sure you can get tablets for possibly $300 or $400, and I wouldn't be shocked if you can get them even cheaper than that.

This guy.

I think it's the same with cellphones. I bought a LG Optimus One recently and I'm damn happy with it, it came with Android 2.2 which I could upgrade to 2.3 (ported by the community) and now they're planning even on porting Android 3.0 from tablets to it.

My point is: I don't think you get such possibilities of customization and support of the community on a expensive as hell iPhone, as on cellphones with Android (which there are way cheaper models than iPhones) you get that AND it still does the same sh*t as iPhone.

First of all,  Nobody is forcing you to reply to my topic. If you dont care, why are you replying.

You created this topic acting like you like in some communist society where you're having iPad's shoved in your face like it's the only option you'll ever have. Sure, some may agree that it's a useless device. So are most tablets. It's not exactly something people haven't heard before though, and I doubt it's directly affecting your life.

7FTgFLB.png

Get the hell over it.

I welcome anybody who prefers Apple products over anything else, as I believe it's their choice. I only stated my opinion that all their products are unnecessarily overpriced.

For me it's just like a Ferrari. Why is it so expensive when you can drive it just like other regular car?

Because it has a name.

I see them at the Pawn shops here for $500, I thought that was what they cost new, either way, I want one. Hope they show up in GTA in some manner

For me it's just like a Ferrari. Why is it so expensive when you can drive it just like other regular car?

Because it has a name.

That's just retarded.

38773_s.gif

Because it has a name.

That's just retarded.

Is it? Can't you drive a... I don't know, Golf just like it? Can't you go to places with it just like you would go with a Ferrari?

EDIT: Actually, I see your point, I think I didn't express myself too well on that sentence, what I meant was: why would anyone buy an Ferrari that's way more expensive instead of buying a regular car? Because Ferrari has a name unlike 'regular' cars.

Edited by H3NR1QU3

Get the hell over it.

Get the hell over it.

Actually, tablets have been around for quite a while. It's just that nobody cared until Apple released their expensive iPad.

Really? I didnt know that. Thank you.

user posted image

Because it has a name.

That's just retarded.

Is it? Can't you drive a... I don't know, Golf just like it? Can't you go to places with it just like you would go with a Ferrari?

People buy Ferraris because they are powerful, fast, well-designed etc.

There are people that buy it because of the name I'm sure, but if you're buying it because you like cars, or for example, want to take it to the track... No, you can't do the same sh*t in a Golf that you could do in a Ferrari.

(I'm not talking about practicality here either, just to be clear)

Edit: After reading your edit, I see what you meant.

If it was a very similar car, and one was called a Volkswagen and one was called a Ferrari, most would choose the Ferrari, simply because it's a "Ferrari".

I gotcha now. icon14.gif

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

D'oh, BOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Tablets as in PC laptop Tablets, The larger phone and gaming device sector is set to explode, like it hasn't already. It's here to stay and it ain't going away!

First of all,  Nobody is forcing you to reply to my topic. If you dont care, why are you replying.

You created this topic acting like you like in some communist society where you're having iPad's shoved in your face like it's the only option you'll ever have. Sure, some may agree that it's a useless device. So are most tablets. It's not exactly something people haven't heard before though, and I doubt it's directly affecting your life.

And you're answering like somebody is shoving it in your face.

You could have just responded in a nicer tone. The tone of your reply wasnt really nice. Theirs a guy who answered saying he wants one. Thats fine, but he didnt have the rudeness in his reply. If you like them, fine, to each his own. If your dont, thats cool too. But you didnt have to be such a jerk. confused.gif

EDIT

Slamman was his name.

user posted image

If it was a very similar car, and one was called a Volkswagen and one was called a Ferrari, most would choose the Ferrari, simply because it's a "Ferrari".

I gotcha now. icon14.gif

Exactly!

Same is with Apple and LG, for example.

One last thing I think you should not overlook. Apples are engineered like no other device, it's a company that sets some fundemental growth and change because it came from unique artistic and business origins, The other Industries play ball, they sit up and take notice. Apple very nearly died as Jim Carlton wrote in his expose about Apple's internal struggle, you should pick it up and get an unbiased look at what made Apple who they are.

The looks and outer designs coincide with the internals, not all this is a long drive outta the park, mind you, but it is very much trendsetting.

The software and hardware must gel and be in place, many, many factors make a product successful, not just comparing them to cars.

I gotcha now. icon14.gif

Exactly!

Same is with Apple and LG, for example.

Exactly, just like how some kids go to Abercrombie and by a $60 shirt just becuase it has Abercrombie plastered across the front. Not me, $60 is what most video games cost when their new releases. So i'll be spending my money elsewhere.

user posted image

LOL WATCH THESE VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IBFtjyYlcs

These made me laugh. And may I remind you that I actually would've liked the iPad if it made some kind of technological advances. Its bigger and less convienent. Like I said their is no need for a middle ground.

Edited by French Tom

user posted image

@Slamman: It seems quite enjoyable indeed. I know some of its history from 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' which I didn't know and also found quite interesting and so must be this book.

Get this book, it's enjoyable, trust me!

And an eye opener. I've used Apple computers since the 1970s!!

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Intrigue-Egoma...s/dp/0887309658

Yes Apple is very innovative. If im not mistaken, they made the 1st touchscreen phone. They have the patent. But I just have a problem with this particular invention. I like Macs, iPods, but not iPads.

user posted image

The idea is you get rid of what the laptop is, keyboard and screen and just have a screen that's motion activated. It's not the best product of it's kind, but just try and explain the iPod phenom, and it is a phenom, make no mistake. What Apple is is what it represents... In one word "Thinking outside the Box"

Personally i love apple products, i would literally kill someone for one of those 27" Macs ph34r.gif

I have an ipod touch which i love and use all the time to browse the web when im not at the computer.

I never bought the ipad because its really quite expensive for a something thats a larger ipod touch. But we have them on display at work and its really good for using as a photo slideshow.

If i was a wealthy guy would i buy one? Hells to the yeah.

SIG-2.jpg

You can connect the iPad to a cloud based service and play the latest games and browse the most complex flash sites from there:

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg