Character Personalities

blitz

Which character has the best personality?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which character has the best personality?

• Mike
    • Tommy Vercetti
    • Carl 'CJ' Johnson
    • Claude Speed
    • Toni Cipriani
    • Victor 'Vic' Vance
    • Niko Bellic
    • Johnny Klebitz
    • Luis Fernando Lopez
    • Huang Lee

In my opinion, the character with the best personality is probably Tommy Vercetti. He has the personality of what I would consider 'a GTA character,' he can be bad ass and serious but at the same time fun and wise-cracking. He has a good sense of humor, and a good relationship with everyone.

I didn't add the protagonists from GTA 1, or London because they were a lot and we don't know much about them.

So, what do you think?

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I liked Claude the best. His no remorse attitude and style fit into the gritty atmosphere of III. And the never talking thing just made him seem like more of a badass.

user posted image

Well, the only reason why I didn't say Mike is because first, I haven't ever played him therefore don't know how he's like. I did some research and haven't really figured out what his personality is, that's why I voted for Tommy instead.

Arsen Vitiuk

Mine is Claude. His silence adds more mystery to his character: you'll never know what he's up to next!

Niko was too miserable and sad, Johnny and Luis I didn't really play enough to connect with, Claude was too quiet, Tommy was too Hawaiian shirty, didn't play with Mike or Huang or Vic, didn't play enough with Toni.

So my vote goes to CJ. He was a cold killer, but also a family man. He could be fun and spontaneous, but also a real badass. He had a good mix, and is probably the most relatable character for me. Tommy would have been a close second, but I think overall CJ was just a little more appealing to me.

Flesh-n-Bone

Carl has it all and therefore he has my vote. He can be serious and a heartless psycho when he needs to but he can also feel remorse and save somebody he cares for. And he doesn't back off from dangerous tasks even if he has to sneak into military bases even if he's reluctant at first, he does it anyways as soon as he finds out that it makes Toreno free his brother.

Tommy is a close second but he just didn't have any type of family connection like Carl to be relatable.

Arsen Vitiuk

So Family connection is what defines the character??? icon13.gif

No offense to anyone, but I don't even acknowledge GTA Advance as a real GTA. Not only was the story sh*t, it felt like a cheap creation in general, like if you took a storyline from one of the lesser quality GTA concepts in this forum and published them as a GTA 1-styled game. Like, who the f*ck is Mike? He looks like some pussy pulled off of The Office, who apparently works for the mob and has similarly generic-named associates.

Claude is my favorite character personality because he says nothing, and in that, says more about his personality and mentality than if he was blabbering all the time with sarcastic comments. It also allows you fill in the blanks with your own creative ideas; Claude is more conforming to different people. He's just a cold-hearted Italian(?) with a chill outfit trying to whack his trifling ex-bitch.

Arsen Vitiuk
No offense to anyone, but I don't even acknowledge GTA Advance as a real GTA. Not only was the story sh*t, it felt like a cheap creation in general, like if you took a storyline from one of the lesser quality GTA concepts in this forum and published them as a GTA 1-styled game. Like, who the f*ck is Mike? He looks like some pussy pulled off of The Office, who apparently works for the mob and has similarly generic-named associates.

Claude is my favorite character personality because he says nothing, and in that, says more about his personality and mentality than if he was blabbering all the time with sarcastic comments. It also allows you fill in the blanks with your own creative ideas; Claude is more conforming to different people. He's just a cold-hearted Italian(?) with a chill outfit trying to whack his trifling ex-bitch.

2 things to say here, man.

First, Claude can be born in USA, but his ancestors were of italian or spanish descent. That's 'cause Claude is a latin name by it's ethymology.

Second, ease up about GTA Advance, man! It was the first game they made for GameBoy and they were not sure hw much it would hold. It was and experiment, just like GTA:III on PS2!

2 things to say here, man.

First, Claude can be born in USA, but his ancestors were of italian or spanish descent. That's 'cause Claude is a latin name by it's ethymology.

Second, ease up about GTA Advance, man! It was the first game they made for GameBoy and they were not sure hw much it would hold. It was and experiment, just like GTA:III on PS2!

I just assumed Claude was an Italian because of his initial affiliations in GTA III, but thinking again about it all of his connections stemmed from 8 Ball originally. He also generally looks like an Italian to me with his face and hairstyle, though. As you say, he could easily be of Spanish/Latin descent. That could explain his relationship with Catalina, maybe Claude had met Cesar beforehand or something.

Just because the name "Claude" has a latin origin doesn't mean he or his ancestors were from latin speaking countries. If anything it would point to him being French seeing as how it's a popular French name. But names these days are so universal he could be from anywhere potentially, you can't use his name to say which country he's from.

Anyhow family connection isn't the only thing, but it gives the character a different angle, and makes them more human. Being a cold killer is fine but it's nice to see they aren't one dimensional.

Flesh-n-Bone
So Family connection is what defines the character??? icon13.gif

No, but it's easier to relate to the character and that makes them more like a human robot than a mute robot in the form of a human or a speaking one who seems to have come out of nowhere into a mob family and then thrown into the middle of nowhere where he uses his ruthlessness to take over. CJ has more of a background story and life in his character. Don't take it the wrong way cause I still love Claude and part of it is because of his silent "I do whatever I'm told not cause I'm a dog but because I don't give a f*ck".

Arsen Vitiuk
Just because the name "Claude" has a latin origin doesn't mean he or his ancestors were from latin speaking countries. If anything it would point to him being French seeing as how it's a popular French name. But names these days are so universal he could be from anywhere potentially, you can't use his name to say which country he's from.

THis was only a supposition. Even now nobody can tell for sure where he's from.

Claude or Niko Bellic for me icon14.gif

My favorite character is CLAUDE! I think he is the one who most incorporates GTA! lol.gif I like every protagonist but Johnny! About his ancestry, CLAUDE is a french name. He isn't italian, because Joey Leone said "He isn't an italian". He could be latin because his looks and the fact he was from San Andreas. But we can't know exactly!!

My favorite character is CLAUDE!

You didn't have to tell that ,i think buy now everyone knows that monocle.gif

On-Topic :

Claude : because he was just plain cool

Tommy : Tommy was just straight awesome ,he had a good personality and he knew what he was doing and was a caring person but never let his emotions control him over.

Carl Johnson

Sweet : I loved his loyalty towards the gang and the family

Toreno

and many others smile.gif

CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRLLL

Don't be sucha busta CCCAAAAAAARRL. Lol I love that.

CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRLLL

Don't be sucha busta CCCAAAAAAARRL. Lol I love that.

Stop spamming like that, writing with normal grammar is better. Please, do so.

Arsen Vitiuk

For me, it was Claude. The mystery about him made me only guess what kind of person he was. And though he does not have a definite personality in this case, you yourself can add up to it.

IloveWaddylots
I liked Claude the best. His no remorse attitude and style fit into the gritty atmosphere of III. And the never talking thing just made him seem like more of a badass.

Well thats a problem when you are not able to express yourself. You just never knew what mystry Claude's silence has. Talk about personality Tommy has the best, just the one which can keep one calm in crucial cases.

When life puts you into tough situations don't say WHY ME? Just Say TRY ME

I always liked Tommy better, he just seem like a chiller, relaxed guy that knew his place on earth. That's all.

Waddy's bitch.

Waddy's bitch.

Is that your signature -blitz?

I like Niko, because he got very believable personality. His mind once pure and full of bright ideas was torn by the war. Things he saw during the war turned him into the hypocrite, but at least he cared about his family and friends.

Arsen Vitiuk
Claude the dude from GTA 3 is different from Claude Speed the GTA 2 dude.

Don't you believe a word there! They're the same person just, like, you know, two Batmans: the old one and Nolan's - same character, different story.

Personally I think they're the same, as logically GTA:III was meant to be a prequel to GTA2, without the whole era sh*t on the plate, but whether they really are - only Rockstar could tell.

Don't make any conclusions until then.