San Andreas IDE/IPL to Vice City converter

GamerShotgun

GamerShotgun

Hey there!

I'm currently working on something, which needs a tool like this, because a massive amount of IPL and IDE files have to be converted to a Vice City compatible format. Is there a tool like this, or does anyone know a way for making it an automatic process, so it won't be that time consuming?

Use 3D Max and Kam's Script.

GamerShotgun

And could you tell me how to batch convert these files?

I can make one. I am good with VB6 coding! But right now I dont have San Andreas installed at the time. Please post a sample of the file and tell me which mod are you working!!!

Edited by Swoorup

Thanks for the info! I have studied all the Identifiers and their properties. but I have a problem with LODs converting.

However i came up with an idea. To know whether an entry in IPL file is of LOD, I will check if the draw distance value is greater than 300.If so, then i will check if "lod" is present in the model name("sn_lot_bit", "sn_bit_lod") or some thing similar then I will remove the "LOD" from the middle or end of the model name and place it in front of the model name. By doing this the suffix with match the related non_LOD model entry and the prefix will be LOD. For me this is a great idea for the files you provided me. However I dun know for others. I advice you to test the IPL files individually rather then batch converting all of the IPL files at once. But the problem is you have to rename the models in the IMG archive and Col archive to the one i made. I know how to batch rename files in the IMG archive but it seems like I dunt have enough time for it. P.S dont know how to batch rename with COL files! But I can give you which models to rename in a list. Give a green signal to go ahead with the idea

Please do not triple post. Use the "edit" button in the upper right hand corner.

pkmTc.gif

GamerShotgun
please send me generics.ide and gta.dat file too!!!I am still analyzing

Which generic.ide? There's only one for VC, there isn't any for SA.

As for GTA.dat, that means you need the San Andreas one?

Or the VC one? Since that's named gta_vc.dat.

Please send the files right away

EDIT: Done testing?

Edited by Swoorup