GTA (V): Hawaii = Aloha Islands ?

Rockstar20124

Rockstar20124

So, I made a comment on the Genesis topic about Hawaii and I really think this American state could be included in GTA V. Obviously the Vulcano pictures in GTA IV are a big hint. Also Hawaii being one of the most known/popular states worldwide behind New York, California and Florida biggrin.gif I mean Rockstar North already made GTA games highlighting these states with LC, SA and VC.

Hawaii is known for many tv series like Hawai Five O, Magnum P.I., Fantasy Island, Jake and the Fatman, Baywatch Hawaii and Tour of Duty. And movies like Blue Crush. Where is the Blue? = Where the Water/Ocean is cool.gif Guess that riddle is solved tounge.gif And other movies like A Perfect Getaway, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pearl Harbor and such.

But then again I think Hawaii or Aloha (five letters) Islands I think Rockstar North will call them is too small as the only location. So, I do think Hawaii could be added to a new SA and/or VC and/or Paris/London, other European cities cool.gif

So, what do you think? Could we see GTA V take place in Hawaii in some way? Only or partly combined with other cities or not at all? biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some intro's/trailers which give a typical Hawaii Vacation feeling cool.gif

Original Hawaii Five O

Baywatch Hawaii

Blue Crush

A Perfect Getaway (A Vacation gone wrong tounge.gif )

Original Light

Well it seems to be pointing to that location, but I would be disapointed because im a San Andreas fan. mad.gif

Hmm...that certainly would be different. Good way or bad way? Not sure.

GroveSt.Fam4L

Well... Hawaii is part of the US. So I don't see why not, but this could have been posted in the locations topic.

Edited by GroveSt.Fam4L

Long_Haired_Boy

Hawaii and Los Santos is my guess if it isnt Vice City again. sigh.gif

[-Vice-Andreas-]

i already ,entioned this before... Did you see the 'leaked' screenshots? Just google gta hawaii easy to find. I think its highly possible, itd be the same vibe of vice city but a fresh new spin and heaps of islands

ps3 user all the way

when the people say magnum P I i think about this

user posted image

user posted image

but on topic, i'm sticking with the idea of san andreas

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

I think this is a terrible idea. Max Payne 3 and some aspects of Agent will have the tropical theme covered. I dislike the idea of going back to Los Santos unless the rest of San Andreas is in it. Too much of one city or environment can be a bad thing. I'd say San Andreas would be the smartest move, because even though it was huge and way ahead of it's time, but I don't think the cities got enough justice. Same as Liberty City for IV. Then again, Vice City could have been way bigger. And now with all the changes in graphics, a new Vice City would look beautiful. Plus, what about Carcer City and Capital City? What do they look like. Although I don't think they'll make that maneuver for the next GTA since they'll probably be very similar to Liberty City. The point is, there are a lot more places they can go and should go than Hawaii. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they added a Hawaiian island to San Andreas one day. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Well... Hawaii is part of the US.

Surprisingly that sentiment is a big issue in Hawai'i. The validity of statehood is legally questionable and a lot of the native people consider Hawai'i to be a sovereign nation under illegal occupation. The Hawaiian sovereignty movement is vocal and visible all over the islands. It would be an exciting location to base a game with that kind of social background and brewing civil unrest.

hmm it would make sense for it to be in hawaii, i mean every gta is on an island right?

user posted image

Ispintechno

I would love GTA Hawaii. I would drive a red Ferrari 308 GTA equivalent everywhere in the game and grow a mustache. I'm down for tacky shirts, surfing mini games and lot's of sunshine and explosions. Maybe throw some good guys into a volcano, I dunno...

The idea of having GTA V set on Hawai kinda bugs me, there are so many other and better possibilities it hurts to think it's set in Hawai.

Eternal Moonshine

I'd rather see San Andreas or at least its part like San Fierro and some countryside. Too bad it's unlikely to happen, but there's a chance that R* will redo Los Santos. Vice City would be nice too, but i'm really looking forward to exploring countryside again

I think Hawaii would be pretty cool if they recreated all of the islands. If R* were going somewhere different then I think that would be the best place - it has a Vice City vibe, but the openess of San Andreas. smile.gif

Rockstar20124

when the people say magnum P I i think about this

user posted image

user posted image

but on topic, i'm sticking with the idea of san andreas

Yeah, Magnum P.I. was a great 80's cult series. But now people will most likely think of the ice cream and Greek PI sign biggrin.gif

Magnum P.I. trailer, the helicopter and classic ferrari parts feel pretty cool 80's style cool.gif

-----------------------------------------------

The capital of Hawaii, Honolulu, is probably much bigger then most of us think. But even it was as big as Miami or maybe even bigger then I still would prefer it to be a combination with other long distance cities/states like SA which is also on the West Coast. Or/and VC and/or Paris, London, other European cities for that matter.

Hawaii has pretty good variety in countryside though. With beaches, green grass hills, woods, vulcanic stone areas and such cool.gif

I did see the fake screenshot of GTA V with palm trees. Would be a great surprise if it were really similar with the real GTA V menu screen tounge.gif Hawaii defintely has a vibe similar to VC biggrin.gif

Although I love the urban jungle of LC from GTA IV, TLAD and TBOGT I really would love to see some tropical summer areas with clear blue water as well cool.gif

When I´m playing TBOGT these days I love to put on Vice City FM with those corny but great 80´s songs. And one of my favorites is Divine Emotions from Narada Michael Walden. Having seen the music video it really makes me think of Hawaii with those green grass hills and such cool.gif

Ispintechno

That scuba diving part in the Magnum PI opening reminded me how much map we are losing in terms of exploration with the GTA franchise by not being able to do it. At least in SA you could hold your breath and dive, just think what could be possible now and what hidden easter eggs could be placed in the map underwater.

Also the odd scuba mission or mini game could be entertaining.