High Seas Marauder

A White CJ

HIGH SEAS MARAUDER

High Seas Marauder is a game set in the Caribbean, in the Golden Age of Piracy. You are a retired pirate who has been forced back into the business. A mixture of Rockstar's other series (RDR-esque gameplay), Fallout-style quests, and broad empire-building makes this game.

The setting is very anachronistic, I will admit. Nobody wants to play a game with guns that reload every twenty seconds, so the guns in this one use cartridges and are breechloading. They still fire slowly, but enough to be worth using. They are also rifled, and thus more accurate. Wars are not tied to any particular historical events, so imagine it's an alternate history. I'm not too thrilled about the inaccuracy, but it gives me more freedom.

PLOT AND GAME SYNOPSIS

It's the turn of the century, 1700. You are James Collingwood, an Englishman who used to be part of the Rosso Nave Impero, an armada of ships started by an Italian associate named Luigi Cavriani. The Rosso Nave Impero, shortened to "Rossomarina", was a great pirate fleet in it's day, and owned many settlements in the small islands of the Caribbean.

As the Rossomarina died and many of James' friends were killed, he chose to leave the life of piracy by working for the British government against other pirates.

During the time in the Rossomarina, Henry Smith (one of the Rossomarina captains) betrayed the Rossomarina for the Spanish. James saw to it that Smith lost his ship and much of his wealth. However, Smith ended up gaining a pardon from the British government. He recently gained a governorship of Arawakia, having clawed his way to the top of the colonial politics.

Smith repeals your pardon and attacks the Collingwood's plantation. Seething, James sets out to become a pirate again and muster the strength to kill Smith.

BASICS: INTERFACE AND MENUS

The interface shows a compass-style minimap in the lower-left corner along with information about the area you are in. The upper-right corner shows a square with the weapon you are wielding inside and statistics about that weapon, including ammunition on hand. The upper-left corner shows your Health and Energy bars, and how much of the local currency you have. The lower-right corner shows information regarding your alliances and crimes, and reports on your health.

Clicking the Select button brings up the Inventory (see "Inventory"). Clicking the Start button brings up the main menu, which has some submenus:

MAIN MAP

MAPS

ROSSOMARINA

WORLD STATUS

And so on. The submenus have more specific menu options; through the Rossomarina menu, for example, you can check up on various ships and settlements.

Edited by A White CJ

MAJOR REGIONS

ARAWAKIA

Arawakia is based on the Bahamas, and consists of four major islands: Elisabeth (north), Lucaya (south), Kingsland (west), and Colonial Island (east). The three major cities are Port Elisabeth on Elisabeth, which also serves as the colony's capital, Kingstown, on Kingsland, and New Dover on Lucaya. The small town of Northern Plantations rests in the middle of Elisabeth, and the town of Empire on the southern shore. First Stop is one of the oldest communities, situated on the northeastern peninsula of Colonial Island. Caribbea is another town, situated in the middle of Colonial Island. Southland is the last town, on the southern coast of Lucaya.

ISABELLIANA

Isabelliana is based on Cuba, and has two main islands, Isabelliana and Columbia (Isla de la Juventud). The mainland has Puerto Christos to the north, Ciudad del Columbus to the south, and Roca del Fuega on the eastern tip. Columbia has only one city, Nuevo Sepharad. From east to west on the island is Rio del Oro, Punto Algido, Casa de Dios, Fuerte Gloria, and Oeste del Puerto. Many small islands are north of Isabelliana.

NEUVA ESPANA/ISLE DE DENIS

This island is based on Hispaniola, and is divided between the French to the west and the Spanish to the east. The dual capitals are New Avignon in Denis Bay and Puerto Royale along the eastern coast. Minee Denis is a community along Isle de Pellier (the small island in Hispaniola's bay). Piracy is a major city on the northern coast, a parody of Tortuga. Inland in the French side is the plantation town of Sucre, and inland on the Spanish side is the town of Ferdinandia. Ville de Republica is a rebellious French town on the western coast that is, in practice, self-governing.

TAINO

This island is based on Jamaica. Port Royal is now Royalty Landing. Goodtown is a bit further inland, and along a wide river on the eastern side of the island is Buccaneer's River. The whole island is a mesh of the British government and the pirate fleets: the governor is all too happy to get the protection and business of fleets. This is largely the safest place in the game for your character and ships.

NEW POLAND

A small drip of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in a sea of British and Spanish, New Poland represents Trinidad and Tobago. The western island is Maly Poland, the eastern Maly Lithuania. Maly Krakow (on Maly Poland) is the capital, but a town named Sobieski sits on the other island. This is a very small region, and can be changed greatly by the player as such.

ZUIDOOST-NEDERLAND

A parody of Guyana, Zuidoost-Nederland is the great Dutch stronghold in South America. It is the only section of the map that is not an island, extending to the southern edge of the map, and having a large bay in the east. The capital of Oranjestad lies on the western shores of the bay, the city of Groenbaii on the eastern shores, and the town of Kleine Haven to the south. Way off in the west, on the Caribbean shores, is Handel te Stoppen, and inland (from west to east) is Goudvaut and Andreastad.

Edited by A White CJ

universetwisters

if this is gta forums, what is a pirate adventure game doing here?

sTgL5iS.png

Because I don't know where else I can post it. My other concept idea was put in this section, so it should be okay.

How about gaming chat? I saw a Bully 2 concept there before.

Wait, you can post non-GTA concepts in the gaming chat? wow.gif

I don't know, I got my zombie game (in my sig) moved to here by a moderator....

Well, its a spin-off of GTA, so i'd say it can go here.

White CJ: I suggest you play Pirates of the Caribbean game from 2003, its an underrated, excellent pirate game to give you ideas. (its not based on the movie btw)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

If they're hard worked, the mods won't lock it wink.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I put lots of effort in to mine, look at GTA: Stuartia or my zombie one (sigged).

I put lots of effort in to mine, look at GTA: Stuartia or my zombie one (sigged).

If this is GTA based this is the best spot for it. If its not i think the gaming chat would be better. And if you work the concept hard and do updates it wont be locked.

My Bully 2 concept hasnt been locked Yet colgate.gif

I'll let this one slide, but I suggest you try and put more content into it if you can.

At the moment it just seems to be walls of text.

This is an idea i've been having for agesş maybe i could help you with ideas?

FACTIONS:

Carrıbean pırate crew 1 - Thıs would be the protagonıst's crew. These guys should have some sort of moral code, maybe they only rob the rıch or somethıng. They should have some sort of conflıct ın the game, maybe the crew splıts on the protagonısts sıde who have thıs code agaınst another sıde rısıng agaınst thıs code.

Carrıbean pırate crew 2 - Thıs would be the prımary antagonısts of the game. These guys should be extremely ruthless and vıolent, maybe they kıll and rape the crews after they rob them. The crew should be lead by a twısted yet charısmatıc captaın.

Buccaneers - These could be enemıes or neutral. Buccaneers are essentıally legal pırates, they are sancıonted by the government to attack and rob theır rıval, the buccaneers then gıve a share to the government and keep the rest.

Chınese pırate crew - These guys could be an enem or an ally. I'm not quıte sure where they'd fıt ın to the story but they would be a nıce ınclusıon. These guys would be extremely mysterıous and along wıth pıracy they could also be ınvolved ın gamblıng and the opıum trade. The captaın should be a sadıstıc, sılver tongued man wıth an extremely superstıtıous mınd, hırıng many shamans and mystıcs to keep demons away from hıs crew.

German Mercenarıes - These would be the army ın New Poland. These guys are armed to the teeth and hıghly traıned, comıng from Germany all the way to the new world ın return for bags of gold. They can be bought out for a very hıgh prıce but theır help ıs ınvaluable.

Voodoos - These are a group of heavıly relıgıous rebels operatıng out of Haıtı (or ıt's equıvalent). These guys are feared throughout the Carrıbean due to theır tendency to kıdnap travellers for theır rıtual sacrıfıces. They plan to lıberate all the slaves ın the Carrıbean. They would probably be an enemy at fırst but maybe they become allıes agaınst the French later ın the game.

Barbary Corsaırs - These North Afrıcan pırates would play a small role ın the game and I'm not sure where they'd fıt ın exactly. These guys would be extremely powerful ın theır natıve land and would have a regal, mafıa-lıke aır about them. Along wıth pıracy they would be ınvolved ın the slave trade, sellıng Arabıc women to rıch merchants.

TRADE:

Each government sells theır own products, thıs ıs essentıally lıke the drug dealıng ın Chınatown Wars. Robbıng the shıps of these ındıvıdual countrıes wıll recover these ıtems.

Spanısh - Sell: Tobacco, sugar.

- Buy: Cannabıs, spıces.

French - Sell: Cotton, dyes

- Buy: Sılk, tea.

Brıtısh - Sell: Tea, opıum.

- Buy: Cocoa, dyes.

Dutch - Sell: Cocoa, cannabıs.

- Buy: Cotton, dyes.

These are just a few ıdeas ın my head, ıf you want ı'd be happy to gıve you more ıdeas.

This is an idea i've been having for agesş maybe i could help you with ideas?

FACTIONS:

Carrıbean pırate crew 1 - Thıs would be the protagonıst's crew. These guys should have some sort of moral code, maybe they only rob the rıch or somethıng. They should have some sort of conflıct ın the game, maybe the crew splıts on the protagonısts sıde who have thıs code agaınst another sıde rısıng agaınst thıs code.

Carrıbean pırate crew 2 - Thıs would be the prımary antagonısts of the game. These guys should be extremely ruthless and vıolent, maybe they kıll and rape the crews after they rob them. The crew should be lead by a twısted yet charısmatıc captaın.

Buccaneers - These could be enemıes or neutral. Buccaneers are essentıally legal pırates, they are sancıonted by the government to attack and rob theır rıval, the buccaneers then gıve a share to the government and keep the rest.

Chınese pırate crew - These guys could be an enem or an ally. I'm not quıte sure where they'd fıt ın to the story but they would be a nıce ınclusıon. These guys would be extremely mysterıous and along wıth pıracy they could also be ınvolved ın gamblıng and the opıum trade. The captaın should be a sadıstıc, sılver tongued man wıth an extremely superstıtıous mınd, hırıng many shamans and mystıcs to keep demons away from hıs crew.

German Mercenarıes - These would be the army ın New Poland. These guys are armed to the teeth and hıghly traıned, comıng from Germany all the way to the new world ın return for bags of gold. They can be bought out for a very hıgh prıce but theır help ıs ınvaluable.

Voodoos - These are a group of heavıly relıgıous rebels operatıng out of Haıtı (or ıt's equıvalent). These guys are feared throughout the Carrıbean due to theır tendency to kıdnap travellers for theır rıtual sacrıfıces. They plan to lıberate all the slaves ın the Carrıbean. They would probably be an enemy at fırst but maybe they become allıes agaınst the French later ın the game.

Barbary Corsaırs - These North Afrıcan pırates would play a small role ın the game and I'm not sure where they'd fıt ın exactly. These guys would be extremely powerful ın theır natıve land and would have a regal, mafıa-lıke aır about them. Along wıth pıracy they would be ınvolved ın the slave trade, sellıng Arabıc women to rıch merchants.

TRADE:

Each government sells theır own products, thıs ıs essentıally lıke the drug dealıng ın Chınatown Wars. Robbıng the shıps of these ındıvıdual countrıes wıll recover these ıtems.

Spanısh - Sell: Tobacco, sugar.

- Buy: Cannabıs, spıces.

French - Sell: Cotton, dyes

- Buy: Sılk, tea.

Brıtısh - Sell: Tea, opıum.

- Buy: Cocoa, dyes.

Dutch - Sell: Cocoa, cannabıs.

- Buy: Cotton, dyes.

These are just a few ıdeas ın my head, ıf you want ı'd be happy to gıve you more ıdeas.

Sure.

BTW, after playing Fallout 3, I intend to shift this to a Fallout-style game. I'm not sure that I'll have character creation, but the quests will be in the same style, and there will be a skill system.

FACTIONS

1. The protagonist commands a pirate nation. I don't recall what I changed the name to, though. You start with pretty much just your first ship, but you can expand from there, and establish settlements on the smaller islands. You can be an entrepreneur or a warlord in addition to fighting and plundering yourself.

2. There will be many smaller factions. I haven't given much thought to the plot yet, but there will be wars with other major fleets. Being Fallout-style, you can change the alliances and outcomes very easily....

3. You mean "privateers". There will be non-affiliated pirates as well.

4. Chinese pirates may feature, though I'm doubtful.

5. There is a Prussian colony in Atlantis, so they will naturally have Prussian soldiers.

6. There are native villages scattered throughout the islands. There are three "levels" of settlements in the game: Cities, Towns, and Villages. I've listed the Cities and Towns already; the Villages are too small to deserve a mention.

7. But of course.

TRADE

You will be able to sell absolutely any item you can get your hands on. Opium will feature as a drug; it's still not very period-accurate, but it's the closest thing.

• 2 weeks later...