Your calligraphy.

hristobg

Hi. I had that idea while ago for that kind of a topic, but didn't posted it then.

Now, I decided to do it. So, I want to see your calligraphy and your way of writing. Show it! smile.gif

I don't think my writing skills are good, but still they're readable. Sorry, later I'll post something in english. biggrin.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

smile.gif

EDIT: Here is something .. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by hristobg

LongHairedFreakyGuy
No contribution to the topic, but your writing looks much better in your native language, rather than the English version.

I don't remember last time I had to write words on paper. This is what my notes look like these days.

user posted image

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Mine is quite terrible, so I'll refrain from posting it.

If your lucky, Icarus may post his writing. Hello for hell on the eyes.

user posted image

My handwriting is incomprehensible. The top code breakers in the world would have trouble cracking it. And my cursive looks like one long squiggly line.

I have no picture, sorry.

Edited by ChossenOne
user posted image

Don't worry, mine ain't really good. Especially in English.. xD. I'll be glad if you show it. smile.gif

K^2, is this Math? mercie_blink.gif

A chimpanzee with a crayon could write neater than me, so my "calligraphy" will go unposted. tounge.gif

You write a whole lot neater than me, that's a given!

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to write everything in capital letters.

Serial killers, you say? monocle.gif

Butters 2011 grabs a knife and goes on a 'hunting' mission...

K^2, is this Math? mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, some 4-dimensional calculus in Dirac algebra. It's not as scary as it looks. Just a little messy.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

You couldn't really call mine calligraphy. My writing changes depending on what I'm doing at the time and what mood I'm in, and it's pretty easy to tell. I carry at least one notebook everywhere just in case I get an idea or want to write something on the move. These are pages from three of them, but I've got about six or seven more just full of plots, characters, doodles, drawings, scribbles, sketches, theories and general musings.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

K^2, is this Math?  mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, some 4-dimensional calculus in Dirac algebra. It's not as scary as it looks. Just a little messy.

Perhaps I'll be doing that one day, but not yet. To the layman any page of math looks daunting--my mother was boggled by the sight of the quadratic formula, for example.

Your script actually looks pretty well presented; it's the maths itself that's messy (not sure if that's what you intended to convey).

Anyway:

user posted image

user posted image

Craig: Bloody hell, mate, you make my dreary notes on Geometric Progression look more mundane than normal sad.gif .

Gronf: To me your writing is clear and easily read. I sometimes use block capitals when I emphasise something when writing notes, it's always clearer than cursive script.

Edited by elanman

Perhaps I'll be doing that one day, but not yet.

It's very unlikely that you'd run into Dirac algebra if you don't do particle physics, but it really is just notation that would be unfamiliar to you. If you study Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus, you'd have all the actual math you'd need to follow something like that.

it's the maths itself that's messy (not sure if that's what you intended to convey).

Not even the math so much as the actual problem. But yeah, that's what I meant. Not the presentation of it.

Edited by K^2

user posted image

My handwriting on large texts: http://i.imgur.com/4nPDg.jpg

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

user posted image

My handwriting on large texts: http://i.imgur.com/4nPDg.jpg

If it's a consolation the text looked attractive to the eye. I could actually read the first picture without an issue. My writing's awful, the perfect exemplar of why kids should be taught to write in capitals, like Gronf, not cursive script.

K^2: I'm unsure of whether to pursue chemistry, physics or pure mathematics--perhaps even a different scientific discipline. I mean, I'll make an informed decision upon completing my Advanced Levels; at the minute the only certainty is that I'll definitely be studying higher level maths of some kind. Hell, if I choose to do Further Mathematics I'll need to be able to do some pretty complex stuff from January onwards, rather than just the content of which the normal course is comprised.

Edited by elanman

• 2 weeks later...
EmPty CaSInGz

Writing in Russian: user posted image Just consonants and vowels. My English is unreadable XD

If your lucky, Icarus may post his writing. Hello for hell on the eyes.

You rang?

My defence is that I write mostly in symbols and numbers nowadays and not so much in words (like K^2 since we're both in physics).

user posted image

user posted image

[EDIT] Stupid phone made them sideways... too lazy to fix, so tilt your head.

@K^2: Looks like fun.

clEsyRO.gif

Despite Lithium calling your writing "hell on the eyes", I actually don't find it that diffuclt to read--this is probably because I'm accustommed to my writing, which is horrendous.

K^2, is this Math?  mercie_blink.gif

Nah, it's pretty much terrifying.

I kind of like my handwriting, but it's illegible even to myself sometimes. I just wrote a journal for the past 5 weeks, I'll try and get an image of that if I can be bothered.

Despite Lithium calling your writing "hell on the eyes", I actually don't find it that diffuclt to read--this is probably because I'm accustommed to my writing, which is horrendous.

He and I both have terrible writing; his is really small and difficult to read unless you really concentrate. The reason people have difficulty reading mine (besides the fact it's pretty horrendous) is that I still use cursive and never switched to printing everything. It seems like reading and writing in cursive is becoming a lost art.

clEsyRO.gif

He and I both have terrible writing; his is really small and difficult to read unless you really concentrate. The reason people have difficulty reading mine (besides the fact it's pretty horrendous) is that I still use cursive and never switched to printing everything. It seems like reading and writing in cursive is becoming a lost art.

I honestly think schools should exclusively teach print, just because cursive is almost universally difficult to read, irrespective of who's writing it. I mean, look at Ed's writing on the previous page--aesthetically, it's great, but in terms of legibility, it's not that good (no offence to you there Ed--my writing is much worse). My main concern with all this is simply that I, and many of my friends, were taught to write in cursive in primary school, consequently our writing is often found difficult to read. I'm pretty good at reading anyone's writing simply because mine is so awful, but if I need to write a note down for someone else to read, I almost always use print (despite my habitual cursive) for the sake of legibility.

• 3 months later...

I apologize for the bump, in fact I hesitated if it were okay for me to do one, but since I'm including what the topic requests, it's fine, right?

user posted image

My 'y' varies from time to time.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

This is my font calligraphy (pic made with webcam for lack of a better device):

user posted image

Edit: Haha, the letters r and o look like a w in the word brown.

Seeing as this topic's made a return and my old pictures don't load anymore, I'll join in again.

I scribble a lot. This is where I keep my drafts and droolings.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not because it is Chinese to the exclusion of me, and I am proud of my native language, which is the world's most difficult language, and the most esoteric language.