Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,095 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Edward_FFS

TUTORIAL - HOW TO ADD TUNING PARTS

Edward_FFS

No, exactly the same name, the file is supposed to be the same, you're just "refreshing it", get it?

It's not 100% sure it'll work, just a guess. It solves sound bugs with VehicleAudioEditor, maybe it does the same to you...

Bozster

Sigh...this doesn't work for me. I checked veh_mods and carmods several times but everytime I change them, the game crashes while loading the savefile. Any tips?

Edward_FFS
Sigh...this doesn't work for me. I checked veh_mods and carmods several times but everytime I change them, the game crashes while loading the savefile. Any tips?

Try deleting gta.SET and start a new game. If this doesn't work, send me the files you changed:

-shopping

-carmods

-veh_mods

-etc

that I'll see what I can do wink.gif

Bozster

Wait, a minute, Sacky's told me the problem - it said that I had breached the car mod limit, but I had raised the limit to 200 as per your tutorial (I also tried changing it to 100, but not success). If the problem is with Sacky's, what can I do? (Note: I'm running US Ver 1.0)

Thanks!

Edward_FFS
Wait, a minute, Sacky's told me the problem - it said that I had breached the car mod limit, but I had raised the limit to 200 as per your tutorial (I also tried changing it to 100, but not success). If the problem is with Sacky's, what can I do? (Note: I'm running US Ver 1.0)

Thanks!

Wich version of SALA are you using?

Bozster

I'm using Version 8 Alpha.

Edward_FFS
I'm using Version 8 Alpha.

That's strange... you removed the "#" behind "Carmods" line, right?

Upload the files you changed and let me take a look at it, ok? colgate.gif

Bozster

Oh...right. Well, thanks! It works great now!

Edward_FFS
Oh...right. Well, thanks! It works great now!

I'm glad you made it work wink.gif

Your_Girlfriend

I think that this topic is not where I should post this but you seem to know a thing or two when it comes to GTA modding.

Now my question. Have you ever saw on internet those super modded GTA San Andreas games where every vehicle is modded? Well I did, and I am amazed. How the hell they do that? I add about 10-20 cars and BAZINGA. The game crashes on loading screen or it freezes or something third. How to fix that???? I am intrigued. If you can help me you would be an badass.

Edward_FFS

Well, Im flattered, really! lol blush.gif

But are you talking about adding vehicles, or REPLACING vehicles? There's a difference.

I replaced almost all my vehicles of my game, and it works like charm, taking a bug or 2 because of the excessive adding of tuning parts -.-'

But if you're having trouble adding cars, then I'm not the best person to help you out. If it is replacing, my advice, always do that MANUALLY, never trust in programs like SAMI wink.gif

Your_Girlfriend

It's replacing cars. When I replace cars sometimes the game works but mostly not. It's like russian roulette to me really. But I noticed that when I change a car name from sultan.dff to jester.dff (and the .txds) the game works but when I try to spawn that car game crashes (well not responding). In GGM that car shows like back bumper of slamvan! Why?

P.S. I prefer to do everything myself whit some hard IMG work. biggrin.gif

Edited by Your_Girlfriend

Edward_FFS

It is weird indeed... But do you also change the lines for the other files (carmods.DAT, vehicles.DAT, handling.CFG, carcols.DAT)?

That's important too.

Your_Girlfriend

Carmods (yes), carcols (yes), handling (yes), but what's important in vehicles (no).

All cars I have installed are tunable and I really like them.

Changed the vehicles.ide and it works. Thanks for the time and putting the solution right under my nose. I didn't know that vehicles.ide is so important. I taught it's only a doc that set the spawning settings like where, when, who...

Anyway, thank you.

Edited by Your_Girlfriend

Edward_FFS

I'm glad I could help wink.gif

TommyTheUnique

Just figured out. The letter R or B in spoiler name means where it attaches R is Roof like on Flash and B is Boot Like elegy. smile.gif I once had a crash when i tried to do something with these letters.

Edward_FFS
Just figured out. The letter R or B in spoiler name means where it attaches R is Roof like on Flash and B is Boot Like elegy. smile.gif I once had a crash when i tried to do something with these letters.

It all makes sense now lol. Thanks for the discovery, updating the the tutorial as we speak wink.gif

gtafan113

Hey I saw you said that you haven't tested this with vehicles that you added to the game yourself. I did this awhile ago and I remember it working fine. So you can use this tutorial with the adding cars one to add fully tuneable cars to the game now. smile.gif

Edward_FFS
Hey I saw you said that you haven't tested this with vehicles that you added to the game yourself. I did this awhile ago and I remember it working fine. So you can use this tutorial with the adding cars one to add fully tuneable cars to the game now. smile.gif

Well, thanks for testing! Updating as we speak. In less than a week, 2 updates to a post that has more than a year! Thanks community! wink.gif

Sweetj154

Check my own modified files: My Modified Files

And if this isn't enough, contact me through the forum.  confused.gif  confused.gif

Can You upload a new link of your modified files? confused.gif

and thank's

Edward_FFS

Check my own modified files: My Modified Files

And if this isn't enough, contact me through the forum.  confused.gif  confused.gif

Can You upload a new link of your modified files? confused.gif

and thank's

Try it out now wink.gif

Gutslab

great tutorial. but i need some help with it.

In the carsmods.dat file I try to add extra rims to class 0 cars, such as Sabre. So for example I add wheel_sr2 (Rimshine). When I go into transfender, Rimshine shows up for class 0 cars but then two of rims that normally show up are missing. any suggestions?

I think maybe I need to edit the shopping.dat as well right?

also, does anyone know what nto_b_tw and nto_b_s stand for?

Edited by pokemon4ever

GTRboy

so i renamed tunable rx7 (uranus) to zr350

added to shopping.dat

section CarMods #name,  	nametag,	stats to change,  price     bnt_b_sc_l  BMBLBS  respect 0  sexy 0  150(....) hydralics  HYDRAU  respect 0  sexy 0  1500 exh_a_u_1    LGDAE    respect 0  	sexy 0  	790 exh_c_u_1    LGDAE    respect 0  	sexy 0  	790 	fbmp_a_u_1    LGDAFF  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	990 	fbmp_c_u_1    LGDAFF  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	990 	rbmp_a_u_1    LGDARF  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	1000 	rbmp_c_u_1    LGDARF  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	1000	 	rf_a_u_1    LGDARV  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	190 	rf_a_c_1    LGDARV  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	190 	wg_r_a_u_1      LGDAS    respect 0  	sexy 0  	600 	wg_r_c_u_1      LGDAS    respect 0  	sexy 0  	600 	wg_l_a_u_1      LGDASI  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	500 	wg_l_c_u_1      LGDASI  	respect 0  	sexy 0  	500 (...)section carmod1 # Normal Carstype CarMods item bnt_b_sc_l  (...) item hydralics item exh_a_u_1 item exh_c_u_1 	item fbmp_a_u_1 	item fbmp_c_u_1 	item rbmp_a_u_1 	item rbmp_c_u_1 	item rf_a_u_1 	item rf_a_c_1 	item wg_r_a_u_1 	item wg_r_c_u_1 	item wg_l_a_u_1 	item wg_l_c_u_1

after added to carmods.dat

# description:  List of cars and the mods that can be added to these cars#linkbntl_b_ov, bntr_b_ov(...)wg_l_lr_t1, wg_r_lr_t1wg_l_c_u_1, wg_r_c_u_1wg_l_a_u_1, wg_r_a_u_1exh_a_u_1, exh_c_u_1, fbmp_a_u_1, fbmp_c_u_1, rbmp_a_u_1, rbmp_c_u_1, rf_a_u_1, rf_a_c_1end

and new veh_mods2.ide included in gta.dat under the first one

objs19600, exh_a_u_1, "zr350", 100, 209715219601, fbmp_a_u_1, "zr350", 100, 210124819602, rbmp_a_u_1, "zr350", 100, 210124819603, rf_a_u_1, "zr350", 100, 209818019604, wg_l_a_u_1, "zr350", 100, 209715219605, wg_r_a_u_1, "zr350", 100, 209715219606, exh_c_u_1, "zr350", 100, 209715219607, fbmp_c_u_1, "zr350", 100, 210124819608, rbmp_c_u_1, "zr350", 100, 210124819609, rf_c_u_1, "zr350", 100, 209818019610, wg_l_c_u_1, "zr350", 100, 2209715219611, wg_r_c_u_1, "zr350", 100, 2097152endtobjendpathend2dfxendanimendtxdpend

but the game crashes still.

parts are added to zr350 in carmods

what did I do wrong? sad.gif

Edward_FFS

pokemon4ever:

nto_b_** is refered to nitrous, I believe. About the rims, yes, there's 3 groups of wheels for the 3 classes (if it is '-1' you won't be able to change wheels in-game) wich you can manipulate. Although, there's a limit of wheels that can be shown, 13 I believe from the last time I tried, i don't know how to break that limit, or if there's even a way to do so. And yes, at the end of shopping.DAT file are the list of the parts to be shown at every shop, if you want them to appear in every shop, copy the lines to each shop.

Hope this helps wink.gif

GTRboy:

You should read EVERYTHING I wrote, I believe the tutorial is detailed enough blush.gif

1 - use a letter instead of a number on the ID, and replace the previous letter, if you add a new parameter on the part, obviously the game won't recognize it.

2 - Under the "link" in carmods.DAT ONLY add the Side Skirts ("wg_*_* ").

3 - On veh_mods2.IDE, it's zr350, not "zr350", and also pay attention to the draw distance values!

Hope this helps icon14.gif

Cell Tennyson

Hi!! my question is

exh_a_z
fbmp_a_z
rbmp_a_z
spl_a_z_b
wg_r_a_z
wg_l_a_z

What is I,z,b in that line? what does that mean?

wg_l_a_z

Is that 'I' or 'L'

Fenton

And you bumping another old topic

Lordoz

I dont know if I'll even get help, but its worth a try. So Ive tried this a few times now. But it still crashes. Here are my files:

gta.DAT

IDE DATA\MAPS\interior\propext.IDE# vehicle upgrade modelsIDE DATA\MAPS\veh_mods\veh_mods.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\veh_mods\veh_mods_II.IDE# txd parents

Veh_mods_II.IDE

objs19600, exh_a_o, oceanic, 100, 209715219601, exh_c_o, oceanic, 100, 209715219602, fbmp_a_o, oceanic, 100, 210124819603, fbmp_c_o, oceanic, 100, 210124819604, rbmp_a_o, oceanic, 100, 210124819605, rbmp_c_o, oceanic, 100, 210124819606, rf_a_o, oceanic, 100, 209818019607, rf_c_o, oceanic, 100, 209715619608, spl_a_o_b, oceanic, 100, 210124819609, spl_c_o_b, oceanic, 70, 210124819610, wg_l_a_o, oceanic, 100, 209715219611, wg_r_a_o, oceanic, 100, 209715219612, wg_l_c_o, oceanic, 100, 209715219613, wg_r_c_o, oceanic, 100, 2097152endtobjend

carmods.DAT

wg_l_lr_t1, wg_r_lr_t1wg_l_a_o, wg_r_a_owg_l_c_o, wg_r_c_oend

Ive also removed oceanic from the first row, and added it with the other tuners

oceanic, exh_a_o, exh_c_o, fbmp_a_o, fbmp_c_o, nto_b_l, nto_b_s, nto_b_tw, rbmp_a_o, rbmp_c_o, rf_a_o, rf_c_o, spl_a_o_b, spl_c_o_b, wg_l_a_o, wg_l_c_o

shopping.DAT

hydralics		HYDRAU		respect 0 	sexy 0		1500		exh_a_o			URAAE		respect 0 	sexy 0		750		exh_c_o			URACE		respect 0 	sexy 0		650		fbmp_a_o		URAAFF		respect 0 	sexy 0		950		fbmp_c_o		URACFF		respect 0 	sexy 0		850		rbmp_a_o		URAARF		respect 0 	sexy 0		950		rbmp_c_o		URACRF		respect 0 	sexy 0		850		rf_a_o			URAARV		respect 0 	sexy 0		150		rf_c_o			URACRV		respect 0 	sexy 0		100		spl_a_o_b		URAAUB		respect 0 	sexy 0		550		spl_c_o_b		URACUB		respect 0 	sexy 0		450		wg_l_a_o		URAASI		respect 0 	sexy 0		450		wg_l_c_o		URACSI		respect 0 	sexy 0		350        	end		
		item nto_b_tw		item exh_a_o		item exh_c_o		item fbmp_a_o		item fbmp_c_o		item rbmp_a_o		item rbmp_c_o		item rf_a_o		item rf_c_o		item spl_a_o_b		item spl_c_o_b		item wg_l_a_o		item wg_l_c_o	end

_CP_

I think there is a limit for tuning parts, game can handle only 140 of them.

YochiThMaster333

Guys, I'm using LINK/2012's Open Limit Adjuster. Where's the function of Car Tuning Components?

Hi!! my question is

exh_a_z
fbmp_a_z
rbmp_a_z
spl_a_z_b
wg_r_a_z
wg_l_a_z

What is I,z,b in that line? what does that mean?

wg_l_a_z

Is that 'I' or 'L'

1. l means left skirt (after wg_ and before a_z)

z means parent of car (for example, l is elegy)

b means attaches on trunk (if r means attaches on roof)

2. always write l, not L.

Edited by YochiThMaster333

SkelePap

thanks my dude u just saved me (: