Why RAY BOCCINO Doesn't Appear In The Ballad Of Ga

cidamelo

WF the Hobgoblin

I have another question. I don't want to hijack the thread and I was thinking about making a topic about this earlier but I'd rather not and it's somewhat related:

The diamond deal at the libertonian, who were the mob guys?

I know the deal was with Roth and the jewish mob, but who were the italians that Niko and Johnny had to fight on their way out? Previously in IV I had assumed it was the Ancelottis helping Luis crash the party, but in TLAD, it says they are Ray's boys and I don't recall any mention of Ancelotti support in TBOGT.

So the question is:

Were the italian mobsters present, Ancelotti's and Boccino's men, or just the latter? And if it was just Ray's men, why were they trying to kill Niko and Johnny?

Edited by WF the Hobgoblin

I was a little surprised that Ray didn't have an appearance in TBOGT. I don't remember there being any mentions of him either. A nice little cameo appearance would have been welcome, even if he had no lines. I just like it when I see a familiar character appear in more than one GTA game, it helps remind me just how expansive the GTA universe is.

Edit: The below text doesn't quite add up, but feel free to read it if you're curious. Me thinks GTA is fun to read about, and hopefully you thinks the same. tounge.gif

I'm pretty sure they were just Ray's men sent there to try to make sure things go smoothly and that no one tries to crash the deal. Ray probably saw Niko and Johnny as expendable and ordered them to be taken out first in case the deal went sh*tty. It's possible Ray could've assumed that if anyone was going to crash the deal, Niko and Johnny would probably have something to do with it. Both guys were just hired help and not really members of the mob, so I wouldn't expect Ray to have full trust in Niko and Johnny.

Hopefully that made sense, but it's just my guess on why you get attacked by them after the deal. I haven't bothered to look through any dialogue and it's been a while since I played those missions, so it's possible I could have missed something.

Edited by sonnyBlack

WF the Hobgoblin

I'm pretty sure they were just Ray's men sent there to try to make sure things go smoothly and that no one tries to crash the deal. Ray probably saw Niko and Johnny as expendable and ordered them to be taken out first in case the deal went sh*tty. It's possible Ray could've assumed that if anyone was going to crash the deal, Niko and Johnny would probably have something to do with it. Both guys were just hired help and not really members of the mob, so I wouldn't expect Ray to have full trust in Niko and Johnny.

I suppose that's plausible but then why would Niko continue to work for Ray afterwards?

On topic: I'd have liked to have seen Ray again as well, but I don't see how they'd have worked him into it. He didn't really have anything to do with Tony and Luis other than being connected in the background through the diamonds and it's quite likely that they didn't even know anything about Ray.

Edited by WF the Hobgoblin

Good question, but when I went looking for answers I couldn't find any, so I'll retract my previous post.

Turns out in GTA IV they were Ancelotti mobsters, but in TLAD it got switched to being Ray's goons. It seems that R* retconned IV's canon in TLAD. So in TBOGT it's most likely Ray's goons at the meet as well. A few things changed since IV, such as Johnny's bike switching from a Hellfury to Hexer, and Luis's Buzzard and the police only appearing in TBOGT's version of the mission. So it shouldn't be out of the question that R* changed which mafia family is present at the scene between games.

WF the Hobgoblin and sonnyBlack I'm glad you'd like to see Ray in this game! And I think those missions at the Libertonian are pretty confusing because the mafia men inside the museum were Ray's goons (they say some things to Johnny indicating it), but why would they attack Niko? It could be Ancellotis because I think the mafia NPCs are the same for all the families!! WF the Hobgoblin do you like Ray?

Let me clear this whole diamond fiasco up. Bulgarin brought the diamonds into the country from Europe. Years after that, Ray asked Niko to go collect the diamonds that ended up in garbage bags with a group of santation workers whose names were Luca, Johnny Spaz and Tunafish. The four collected the diamonds and evaded their persuers who were after the ice as well. Luca promised Niko that he'd give the diamonds to Ray after he, Spaz and Tuna sorted them out from the garbage. But, he lied to Niko and Ray. The three attempted to steal the diamonds, but were stopped by Niko in Middle Park's toilets. Niko recollected the diamonds from Luca, who he had just killed, and gave them to Ray. A little while after that, Ray had set up an exchange: the diamonds for money. Ray gave Niko the diamonds and told him to meet Johnny at the Libertonian. The two were going to sell the diamonds to the Jewish Mob for a lot of money. During the exchange, Luis, who was told about the exhange from Tony, ambushed the transaction. Johnny made off with the money as Luis hunted down and killed Isaac Roth (a member of the Jewish Mob) and took the diamonds. Ray wanted Niko to get the money, so he sent him to kill Johnny. Instead, Niko only found Jim Fitzgerald and another Lost MC member and killed them both. Now the Irish Mob wanted in on the diamonds now too. Gerald told Niko to kidnap Giovanni Ancelotti's daughter, Grace. Gerald was hoping that in exchange for Grace, the Ancelotti's would give them the diamonds. After Niko and the Irish Mob got ahold of Grace, the Ancelotti's made a deal with them: Grace for the diamonds. Niko and Packie met with Luis and Tony on Charge Island. Niko and Packie had Grace and Luis and Tony had the diamonds. Luis put the diamonds in the middle and stepped back. Packie let Grace walk over to Tony. Niko walked towards the diamonds, but this was amushed by Bulgarin and his crew. Niko and Packie had to fight through Bulgarin's men to reclaim the diamonds. After all of that killing, one of Bulgarin's men threw the diamonds onto a nearby truck. Now the diamonds were lost. At the end of TBoGT, we discover that the diamonds were found in the trash by a homeless war veteran, Jerry Kapowitz (or some name along those lines). Thus the tale of the diamonds in GTA IV.

Edited by StoneHead37

StoneHead37 ohh it was huge thank you very much for the resume!!

No problem. I just hope it clears up the confusion of the diamond scandal.

lol232 when Ray is mentioned in Not So Fast? When Isaac The Diamond Dealer curses at him?

Well I think yes, or I misheard that...

Edit:

SCREW What I said!

All you said was way too true Stone Head!

Thank you for resuming this!

Edited by lol232

WF the Hobgoblin

WF the Hobgoblin do you like Ray?

Assuming you're referring to Boccino and not Bulgarin, then yes I do like him. I'm not really sure why, I know he was a bit of slimeball but I always thought he was quite the cool character.

I didn't approve of killing him.

Assuming you're referring to Boccino and not Bulgarin, then yes I do like him. I'm not really sure why, I know he was a bit of slimeball but I always thought he was quite the cool character.

I agree. I never cared much for Ray. He was a sneaky, devious son of a bitch. He committed some silmey acts to fulfill his one want: greed. I was relieved that Niko was ordered to kill Ray and not Phil.

WF the Hobgoblin I like Ray Boccino very much I don't know why everyone says he is a greedy slimeball I think he is more "honest" than most of GTA characters! Oh but I like Ray Bulgarin too I loved his missions and he is funny lol.gif Ray Boccino and Ray Bulgarin have a lot of similarities, including the car!! (Black Oracle)

You usually meet a new character through a character who you have previously been acquainted. For example, Niko meets Brucie through Roman and Packie through Elizabeta. Ray has no direct relationship with anybody that Luis has met before. Ray has never had a relationship with Tony, Armando, Henrique, Adriana, Dessie, Troy, Yusuf, Mori, Rocco, etc. This is the most logical reason as to why he has never appeared in TBoGT.

This. Ray is not connected to any of Luis' contacts. alien.gif

• 1 month later...

I agree. I never cared much for Ray. He was a sneaky, devious son of a bitch. He committed some silmey acts to fulfill his one want: greed. I was relieved that Niko was ordered to kill Ray and not Phil.

I agree, I'm so glad Phil was kept alive, he's a much nicer guy

It's just fine that some characters have no intersections with each other at all. It's a big city. Sometimes, the later installments of an epic story get bogged down in improbably incestuous fan-wank crossovers that make no sense and add nothing to the story (Anakin built Threepio).

I hate Phil! Ray is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x times BETTER! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I hate Phil! Ray is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x times BETTER! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I hate Phil too, Phil Bacerra that is. angry.gif

If you don't know who he is, look him up.

Ohh I didn't know who was Phil Bacerra then I saw he was one of those most wanted killed by Niko! But I was talking about Phil Bell, I don't like him and I think I'm the only one sad.gif

But I was talking about Phil Bell, I don't like him and I think I'm the only one sad.gif

There may be other people who don't like him too but from the looks of things, you are the only one. Sorry.

I think people see Phil Bell as friendly because the way he talks, and because he has a "friendly" look, he is small and fat, while Ray Boccino seems more arrogant because his voice tone, and he is tall and elegant. But I think Phil Bell likes gossip and criticizing Ray to Jimmy Pegorino, like if Ray was a rat, and Jimmy believed on it! I think PHIL BELL is the real "rat", because he had an affair with the Boss Wife (Angie Pegorino). Do you want a major disrespect than **** the boss wife? And he was always sooo worried about investigation, FBI, and those things.... I think if he is so worried, it's because he has a guild conscience!

• 3 weeks later...

Cid has a point. Didn't Phil get put under witness protection at the end of the game?

AceRay FIB he said to Niko that he was going to "a small town" hmmmmmmmmm I think this smells WITNESS PROTECTION program! That's why Pegorino Family is a fail: Pegorino put your trust in the wrong ones (Anthony, Phil, and even Niko.......)! Just because Ray Boccino had a more "arrogant" appearance and port, it doesn't mean he is a traitor! I think that, if FIB was SO after Phil Bell, it's because they knew Phil Bell would be a RAT! happy.gif

Ray wanted to avoid being connected to the Diamonds by anyone else who was after them. Hence he used JK to steal them, drop them off, Niko to collect them, and both of them to do the sale. As Luca says in "Taking in the Trash", "the Bikers are taking the heat for this".

Tony never found out who was behind it, as Ray intended.

Jimbatron well at least in one thing Ray succeed lol.giflol.gif