OUT OF INTEREST

Jakee.

So, the Genesis thread for me is just confirming the Vice City setting furthur, I can't really explain it but hey.

Out of interest though, how many on this forum want a revisit to either of the settings?

I am a huge Vice City fan, but I would love to see a combination between the two.

Give your opinions, and mods don't lock this please.

TenEightyOne

If the mods want to lock it they will... 'tis in the nature of the moderator biggrin.gif

SA and VC combined... hmmm, I voted for that but I think that it's important to remember that VC was what it was because of the era and music. SA was a different time and a significantly different place.

If the mods want to lock it they will... 'tis in the nature of the moderator biggrin.gif

SA and VC combined... hmmm, I voted for that but I think that it's important to remember that VC was what it was because of the era and music. SA was a different time and a significantly different place.

Indeed they were, but I feel San Andreas and IV lacked beaches, palm trees. The whole "holiday" feel.

San Andreas is a great game, and so was Vice, and like you say the times they were set in wouldn't work, but in the genesis thread people think RDR and IV are being combined all over the shot!

Thanks for replying bud!

I like SA way more. The map was very close to perfect with its many different sceneries.

What I really want is something completely new though.

I like SA way more. The map was very close to perfect with its many different sceneries.

I think the only reason I have so much passion for Vice City is because its the game I grew up playing, San Andreas was a big step up but there was something that I felt let it down, I loved aviation in SA because Vice City lacked it, I sometimes found myself flying around San Andreas for hours on end, awesome fun.

SA is clearly a better game, but I just loved Vice City much more biggrin.gif

I think the only reason I have so much passion for Vice City is because its the game I grew up playing, San Andreas was a big step up but there was something that I felt let it down, I loved aviation in SA because Vice City lacked it, I sometimes found myself flying around San Andreas for hours on end, awesome fun.

I know what you mean, man. These games bring back a lot of memories when you replay them. I wonder what we'll think about IV ten years from now. (But that's a totally different discussion.) San Andreas was just the pinnacle of GTA for me, and I'd love for it to make a return.

Edited by Columbo

Yeah, the two combined would be great actually... But I'm not sure if R* gonna make it's next GTA larger as GTA IV was... I mean, GTA IV was not that small, although it can always get a little bigger...

Maybe R* should go for the most interesting places of the USA combined in one game. I mean, how good can you have it? You'll have big ass cities, you have the desert, lots of country sides, they can easily implement seasons and/or different types of climates, like snow in the north and on top of the mountains, thunderstorms in the south eventully with some floods and tornado's,...

They can do so much, if they just want to...

That's exactly how I feel, and I don't think they'll combine VC and SA(consoles wouldn't be able to handle it anyway lol) and they'll make more money out of 2 games instead of one.

I wouldn't mind if SA was next but I would very much love VC redesigned, a whole new city to explore based on Miami. biggrin.gif

Tsar_Smirnoff

Even though I love San Andreas with a passion, my favorite has got to be Vice City. I think it comes down to the fact that Miami is the one city out of all of the other locations that I can relate to the most as I have been there before. Not to mention my aunt lives about 50 miles north of the city, so I know southern Florida's cityscapes and geography pretty well. In fact, I'd love to see Rockstar make a game centered around a modern Vice City but also include the Florida keys, Everglades, and Orlando as well. Like a tropical San Andreas I guess. cool.gif

28a3ogg.jpg

I'd want All 3, Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas..

Now let me tell you why... I want Liberty City(GTA IV, NYC Version, My Hometown!) because I'm a New Yorker, and it just brings more fun to the table, say whatever you want but I loved the map in GTA IV.

I want Vice City because it would be epic to seethe Vice City Map(Much more bigger hopefully) in HD Graphics, Also, As Much as I love Liberty City, I need to see some Sunny, Bright areas, that's where Vice City comes along.

Now, San Andreas I want that because... It was Epic in GTA: SA lol, Very very big, Great Country side, There version of Vegas was epic, And I'd like to see it in Todays graphics. Also it would be epic for Missions that Involve celebrities because we could use Hollywood(Vinewood in GTA)

Today's Systems(the PS3, cause The xbox would probably need 3 disc... lmfao) could handle huge maps and great graphics.

I would like the cities to be really separate also, I want them so that you could either, Swim there(Which would take long), Take a Boat there, or buy a pane ticket for a plane ride there(Unless you have a private plane lol)

Rockstar has made us wait for about 4 years, I expect something extremely epic.

WF the Hobgoblin

As i've said in many of these topics before:

My ideal situation would be for them to remake Vice City in the next game then do redo Los Santos after that. I wouldn't mind if they did San Andreas again, as long as we got a detailed LS.

Same could be said for combining VC and SA, it would great if they could do it and have four decent cities, but I'd choose quality over quantity anyday.

SA and VC combined... hmmm, I voted for that but I think that  it's important to remember that VC was what it was because of the era and music. SA was a different time and a significantly different place.

i agree, in Vice City i loved the bright neon lights and music of the 80s but overall i think San Andreas is better

my opinion is, Tommy Vercetti, best GTA character and San Andreas best location

and one more thing, i never ever wanna see San Andreas split apart, i dont care if id need multiple discs to play the game, SA should remain LS, SF and LV with the countryside and desert

some people like the dark dreariness that was Liberty City and some people like the glitzy color to Vice City and some people problem prefer a happy medium which is what SA is, Las Venturas is the lights and color, Los Santos is the kinda rundown dreary part except for Vinewood and San Fierro was in between, still nice but not dark or filled with neon lights

Edited by AndreaXCII

Smurfisevil

I would prefer another San Andreas , but duct tape Oakland and a Mexican town/city to it inlove.gif

Oakland is right next to San Francisco(San Fierro) and is riddled with crime, but realistic I can’t imagine a GTA with four plus cities in one game dontgetit.gif

As I have said before...

A new Vice City or a new San Andreas would not be the same game you remember. The cities would be different, the atmosphere would be different, and the story would be way different.

Besides, for all we know, the only difference in IV's universe may be Liberty itself. VC and SA may exist exactly the same in the IV universe and thus there would be no reason to return to them.

As I have said before...

A new Vice City or a new San Andreas would not be the same game you remember. The cities would be different, the atmosphere would be different, and the story would be way different.

Besides, for all we know, the only difference in IV's universe may be Liberty itself. VC and SA may exist exactly the same in the IV universe and thus there would be no reason to return to them.

with a 25 year difference in time since VC and 19 since SA thats HIGHLY unlikely

I would think and prefer a new city. Each and every one of them has a story and returning to one could mean returning to a similar story. Don't know about vice, but Liberty City was in GTA III the story of a dude that comes from nowhere and starts making money by doing jobs. The LC of GTA IV is similar in the sense that niko has no current attachments to the city at the beggining other than Roman. San Andreas on the other hand has this gang thing that tends to be a starting point for almost everything.

Also, I feel that going Vice again would seem like rockstar has no new ideas and thus following the same city cycle that went from GTA III, altough it finally depends on the game itself (I would definitely play it no matter what) but I don't see it suitable enough.

As I have said before...

with a 25 year difference in time since VC and 19 since SA thats HIGHLY unlikely

I'm saying that the events of the games could have been the same and the only difference would be any LC parts of the story took place in IV's LC instead of III's. So like when CJ when to LC in SA, in IV's universe, he would have gone to Dukes instead of Saint Mark's.

Obviously the cities would have changed in the 20+ years either way. That just wasn't my point.

I don't why though but i get this feeling that if Rockstar makes a bigger VC or bigger SA or both that the XBOX 360 wouldnt cope with the amount of space of the map etc and will have to make it the size of GTA IV which would make me kinda annoyed about it and im not saying that the XBOX 360 is a rubbish console because of the HDD as it is a very good console. But all i hope for is that R* doesnt make changes to the info and not make GTA V a XBOX exclusive that would just ruin things, so lets hope Microsoft hasnt done that again with what they did with GTA IV DLC. And again the XBOX 360 is not a rubbish console just the with lack of HDD.

ViceCityFTW
Disk space is not a problem, as Rockstar proved with L.A Noire

Biggest problem with LA Noire was recorded cinematic sequences(anytime character speaks),GTA shouldn't have that problem.Although MS are going to "patch" dvds to hold 1.5gb more.

Well... anyway my guess is San Andreas, but many years have passed since Vice City... so maybe VC is more likely to return. I don't want a mix of these two games, each one of them were just awesome, so a mix of them wouldn't work well I think.

However, if either VC or SA are going to return, it doesn't matters to me. Each one of them were fantastic games so, i wouldn't mind playing a new refreshed VC or SA... biggrin.gif

[-Vice-Andreas-]

My username isn't Vice-Andreas for no reason. I'm actually a R* employee and the hint has been there ever since I made my account.

ps3 user all the way

Tsar_Smirnoff said

Posted: Friday, Jul 15 2011, 16:52

Even though I love San Andreas with a passion, my favorite has got to be Vice City. I think it comes down to the fact that Miami is the one city out of all of the other locations that I can relate to the most as I have been there before. Not to mention my aunt lives about 50 miles north of the city, so I know southern Florida's cityscapes and geography pretty well. In fact, I'd love to see Rockstar make a game centered around a modern Vice City but also include the Florida keys, Everglades, and Orlando as well. Like a tropical San Andreas I guess. cool.gif

Tbh I think (my guesstimation) this is EXACTLY what will occur - the Housers were already contemplating countryside via Libery State, and I really believe this will return. Plus with the success of RDR and its wildnerness and animals, plus the random characters encountered in the wild, I believe Rockstar will almost definitley have some form of countryside with animals in the next GTA. The Everglades with its Alligators seems an ideal option, especially as georaphically it would be somwhere between IV and SA, if you understand me...

Furthermore, of all the great American stereotypes/pop cultural knowledge, Disney/Orlando has never been tackled yet by GTA, I feel a fleshed out GTA take on Florida is a MUST at some point, especially as the actual city of Vice City in the III era was, in my opinion, somewhat lacking and basic.