[PS3] IV Crashes when signed into PSN

ionGeneral

Hey guys.

For some odd reason my PS3 GTA IV crashes everytime when PSN is signed in...I don't know why, but I figured I'd try an alternate way of "fixing" this (as a temp fix) and unplugged my Ethernet cable from my PS3 and disabled the Wireless connection, tried loading IV, and loaded successfully with no freezing/crashing...but when I plug in my Ethernet cable and my PS3 connects to PSN, the game crashes/freezes and stays frozen until I reboot my PS3. sad.gif

Why does it freeze when it connects to PSN?

Have you changed anything in the configuration lately?

Thanks for your reply mkey.

No, I have not changed anything in the configuration at all. I only allowed my PS3 to update to 3.66 and the game to download it's Game Data etc.

allowed my PS3 to update to 3.66

That's what probably caused the problem, you should report this issue, if there is some sort of feedback system.

allowed my PS3 to update to 3.66

That's what probably caused the problem, you should report this issue, if there is some sort of feedback system.

Report it to what?

AndyGanteks

Have you tried with other games, do they work or do they sign you out of PSN once you plug the disc in?

Other games are fine, it's just GTA IV. Doesn't IV try connecting to R*'s Social Club for the trophies/archievements or whatever IV connects to the Social Club for? I would have thought because it cannot establish a secure/stable connection to the Social Club it crashes/freezes because it cannot retrieve what it needs to retrieve?

AndyGanteks

Hmm, did you install latest patch for it?

Also, maybe try loading IV when you're not signed in, and when the game loads, then sign-in and see if it'll freeze.

I tried Andy's method, signing out of PSN, loading the game, signing back in, and it worked perfectly. I was able to play IV Multiplayer on PSN! smile.gif

Thanks.